• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New adventures (good, neutral)
    Heart 
    A lone stallion wandered around the field, seeking clues to his past. All he knew was he was 6 and his name was Chezter. He looked around, unaware of the pangs of hunger in his gut. So far, he thought to hinself,no such luck. Then some instinct in him urged him to find a mare, instead of clues now.
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk

I decided that it was as good a time as any to allow Akos to stretch his legs, from outside of the protection of the Falls. I had wandered along with him, through the meadow, towards the field. As we went, we past the playground and the look on his face as he watched the other foals play and bound about, pulled at my heartstrings. I relented, perhaps a little too much. And forbade him to wander from the den. I would be back to collect her after doing some kingdom duties. He nodded and with a happy bounce to his step, he was off exploring and hopefully, I use hopefully with as much heart as ever, that he would make some friends. So, minus the little tagalong, I found myself wandering the outskirts of the field, bright green eyes surveying for strangers, for outsiders new and old, and there, I spot one.

The sunshine above glimmered and was warm against my back. My strawberry pelt still fluffy with winter's grasp, matted in places. I had wintered well, I suppose. Nothing like the comfort of a kingdom to warm your bones when you went home. Home. It seemed like years ago it had felt a strange taste on my tongue, but now I was quite proud to call the Falls my home.

I watched the steed for a while, watched him as he wandered the field like a lost leaf blowing upon the wind. I thought for a while, perhaps he was deciding which path to choose. Be it to the Gates and the Deserts, the Falls or the Dale, or perhaps even the Chamber of the Valley. I decided once he had stopped, that I would greet him. My lips parted and allowed a quaint whinny to acknowledge him. 'Hello there. I'm Eld. Are you quite alright, you look a little lost?' red ribbons of mane fell over my emerald eyes as i gazed at him, my vast feathered feet sashaying over until I halted just shy of him. 'I suppose we are all a little lost at times..' my voice lilted, gentle and soft, a strange contrast against my massive vessel. 'Are you looking for a home, a place to rest, gather your thoughts perhaps?' I paused, feathered ears flickering to and fro, 'The Falls, they are quite tranquil, therapeutic. Always help clear my head.' I smiled at the stranger, a quaint little grin. After all, being new, everything so strange. It never took much to outstretch a hand, or hoof, in greeting.

E L D
    - i'm a wishful thinker with the best intentions -
    acolyte of the falls

I looked at Eld. She was the most beautiful mare I had ever seen. I stood there awestruck at her beauty. "Yes, I-I am. Uh, lost that is." I forgot something. Right! "Where are my manners? I appreciate your fine offer. My name is Chezter. I am in need of a home. " My unusually long mane flows like silk in the light spring breeze. How do I compliment her beauty and kindness? "I nice" D'oh! Why did I say that! Surely I messed it up. In my attempt to say "I think your nice.", I left out Think and your. Only a fool would not say the whole thing, or someone deep in love.
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk

The spring blooms from the trees had fallen on me once again. My lofty size, vast frame, it is far from elegant as I try and forge my way through the paths around Beqanna. Spring flowers knot in my red hair like fine ribbons, and as I shake my head to dishevel them, it becomes one big knot of mane and twig. 'Chezter. It is nice to meet your Chezter.' The smile on my lips tweaks at the corners. He was stumbling over his words, and I can't help but feel a pang of memory hit me. I am often in his place, fumbling over words, talking as though my lips had been sewn for years and I'd finally been given freedom. It tugs at my heartstrings a little.

'The Falls is a nice place. Beautiful. Like something out of a fairytale.' I said, my gentle voice a lark song against the soft lulls of the spring breeze. 'You're very welcome to join. It's a kingdom of sorts, we have jobs so to speak. An Army Caste or Diplomacy. Or simply staying as a resident. A home, a place to rest your head. The Falls is anything you wish it to be... and more.' There it is again, a dribble of words, like a fountain overflowing. I pursed my lips, salmon tongue touching the roof of my mouth. Emerald eyes meeting the steed's. 'You're nice? Oh, The Falls needs nice souls.' I laugh, a gentle lilting chuckle, it reverberates my lungs and my form shivers in undulations.

E L D
    - i'm a wishful thinker with the best intentions -
    acolyte of the falls

"I think your nice, too." I say. Finially! I had found my words. Normally, talking came easily. "Here, let me help you with that." I gently get the knots out of her mane and coat.Then I "accidentally" nose her.
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk