• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

.:New home, new friends:.
    Wink 
    I followed Eld as close as I could. Soon we arrived at the falls, the place was more beautiful then she had described on the way over. (Especially since she was there.) Pink petals fell gently on her, the breeze made each hair in her mane flow like a thread of silk. The leaves made her eyes shine brighter. Then she said "Welcome tithe kingdom of the falls!"
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk
    I was a little later than intended, having parted company from Chezter to go and pick up the blue roan colt of mine; he was not too pleased to be pulled from his exploration, but alas, home beckoned. I trudged along with Akos by my side, back to the trail that leads to the Falls. Strawberry tresses danced along my neck as I trotted to catch up to the steed, calling a little.

'Sorry, I had to go pick up this little straggler.' I nosed Akos's blue rump, forward. 'Chezter, this is Akos, my son. Akos, this is Chezter, a new member of the Falls.' I turned my head to my son and then back to the new arrival, a small smile formed upon my lips. 'What do you think? Do you think you can set up home here?'
    "Yes, yes I can." I said, "Akos, do you wanna go play with me?" We both looked at Eld, and begged. Having watched other foals in the past, I was used to the looks I got from the other horses in the clearing.
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk
    I'd love to! Akos was overjoyed, the fact that someone wanted to play with him. I shook my head, ribbons if red mane flopping over tired eyes. I gently nudged the colt's shoulder. I think Akos has had his fair share of play. Go on now son, settle in the brush, I'll be there soon, tell you a story. my touch was gentle against his forehead, soft lips grazing his rufty navy tresses. Akos stomped a foot in defiance but my green eye narrowed through the curtain of mane and he trotted off.

Tell me Chezter, how did you come to Beqanna?
    How did I come to Beqanna? I don't even know what happened a year ago! Or wait, maybe I do. "Every thing's coming back now!" I cheer. I shy when I see the confused look on her face. Then I blurt it all out. "I lived in a small village not far from the field. It was on the beach. My sire was alpha stallion my dam was alpha mare. Their names are unknown to me. The reason is because I was a reject. Father only liked dark, foals. Mother, fillies.Then, when I was 2, rumor came that the hunters were coming. My parents, still protecive their heir, had hidden me with a fellow warrior. Then that wraith horse (who's name escapes me!) killed my parents. Then he killed himself so he could become a wraith. I wanted to scream and cry. My parents finally loved me. Then their friend had me hidden till you found me. But first, he had my memory wiped so I wouldn't remember. But, you make me remember who I am. I am Chezter, Prince and heir to the throne of Paradise beach. Will you come, be my queen? We shall rule side by side and have a treaty with the falls and be partners in war"
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk
    I watch him curiously, a proverbial brow lifting ever so slightly. Fluffy strawberry ears flicked forward and listened. Politely silent as Chezter told his tale, one indeed a long, arduous story. Perhaps, perhaps one I could tell Akos before slumber sets in. After all he was an adventurous boy, I am sure talk of wraiths and princes wouldn't go amiss. Red plume flicked at my hocks, idly, resting a hind hoof in good measure. It had been quite the day, running around after the dear boy, and still retaining Falls duties. It pleased me to see the fairytale land brimming with life.

'That is quite the story, Chezter. Wraiths and Princes. I'm afraid my history isn't so extravagant.' my words lilt, like drooping flowers in the summer sun. An ear twitching, capturing the sounds of padding hooves. Akos was still moseying about the bushes, nose burrowing into places it shouldn't be. He'd have war wounds from the burrs and thistles when it comes nightfall. The look of him made a small smile form and a warmth flutter in my chest. I turn my gaze back to the steed.

'Paradise Beach? That sounds like a lovely place, Chezter, but I think I have to decline. I've grown quite comfortable here, in the Falls, and I wouldnt want to uproot Akos. I hope you understand.' no one liked rejection, so my vast body shifted, muzzle out stretching and briefly reaching out for his shoulder, a soft touch of good faith. 'I'd come visit if if you'd like. But I hope you understand, it is lovely here, and it is home. I've never had the feeling of home before and wouldn't want to disturb it.'
    I completely understood that lack of home feeling. Then, here kinda felt like home. Should I tell her the catch? I decided to, but how? "I can't return. You make me feel as though I were home. Also, I can't without a mare. In our land, you can't assume the throne unless you have a mate." I hope she understood. I sigh.
    His proclamation made my gut flip with uncertainty. Was that the feeling my mother had always said would tell whose heart would fit well with yours? No, no this was s strange uncertainty. Just a little too embarrassed, for myself and for Chezter. I gave a soft snort, doing so the wild flowers that knotted my mane fluttered and was caught in the breeze.

'Home is wherever your heart is, Chezter. The Falls has captured mine. Perhaps one day it will take yours too. the whimsical serenade of my voice matched the gentle Whir of the butterfly wings as they flew past, riding the light air current.

'I don't know how to answer you, Chezter. I am a firm believer you can't push love, my mother tried to do that with my site and well.. It was certainly no fairytale ending.' I say, the smile that had been now down turning for s few moments. 'maybe one day you'll return with your queen by your side.'
    "I moved too quickly. I apologize greatly. I was unaware of how your mother acted tword you. I just what to say one more thing. I love you, and that will never change. Love isn't just a feeling, its a promise that you will be there for the other person. That you will bring laughter in the darkest times. They can cry on your shoulder. I promised that I would to that for you. I love you and Akos." I try to not show that my heart had been shattered. My stomach dropped. She didn't love me back. I wish I had have just asked if we could go out for a walk. "I'll gladly watch Akos for you so you and Texas can have some alone time together. Good night." I walk off, letting my heat droop. I would never get a mare.
    (that last message was me, just forgot to get back in as Chezter.)
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk