• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i could never hold a perfect thing and not demolish it, any
    build love, build God, build provinces - build calluses, break promises
    'cause i could never hold a perfect thing and not demolish it

It must be something like fate that draws the stallion to the pair of children.

Paradox is tired, and is nearly drifting off to sleep when Bee hears approaching hooves, and the subsequent shifting of her weight is enough to rouse Para from his doze. “Wake up, baby brother,” Bee whispers to him as she stands up straighter, her black-and-white body contrasting brilliantly with Para’s flames. Her brother grumbles his dissent - they’re twins, after all; are they really any different in age other than by mere minutes? - but doesn’t speak, still shivering slightly from the cold.

The golden stallion gleams in the rising sunlight, and Bee watches with intrigue as the sun dances off of his blood-red markings. With a smile that hardly betrays her nerves, she steps forward. “Not lost,” she tells him, “but home.” Her answer is a bit vague, and she wonders if he will understand. She still isn’t quite sure what drew her and her twin to this place, but something within her soul tells her that it is where they need to be.

Without further ado, she bursts into their story, her seafoam eyes twinkling in the sun. “When we were born, our mother couldn’t believe how different we looked - my brother is all sunshine, you see, and I am but dusk and shadows compared to him. She called it a paradox. When I started displaying my proficiency in using herbs and crafting spells, she called me a witch and cast us out. We had different names as infants, I’m sure, but we’ve always called each other Paradox and Bewitched, thanks to our mom.”

It’s an info dump - surely more than the strange stallion ever wanted to hear, but Para has never called his sister subtle.

bewitched
    tell him he's got bad news coming.

@[Raul]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i could never hold a perfect thing and not demolish it, any - by bewitched - 01-03-2021, 11:18 PM