• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Army Activities Pt. 2
    Kimber
    http://www.jamesharveyjohnsonphotography...0959wm.jpg

Killdare
    http://api.ning.com/files/eXnVsZNH3fP4cR...rsion2.jpg

Gryffen
    http://www.atticaequine.eu/media/mediali...ghting.jpg

Rodrik
    http://carolinafootprints.com/wp-content...q03_cf.jpg

Erebor
    http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/7379276...es.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OGfogpzWacVmwjvI7qUM%2BsJ3OzEN2105j2a4M8sGYiYnh7liXD6YannadgTNeY7J8dnYZxO7H9QuTbmYm0GArQ%3D%3D

You'll notice that beneath off of your names is a link. The link will take you to a picture of wild horses battling (if you don't want to see, then feel free to skip this.) I'd like you to pick one of the horses in the picture and using some of the terms from the quiz, write a short post as to what you think is going on. What is your horse aiming for, where are his hooves/teeth at on his opponent, etc. What would the possible damage on your opponent be? How could that damage effect them for the duration of the battle? Feel free to be as detailed as you like. I think a 200 word minimum is fair for a short, detailed battle post. Have fun!
    Straia says i should do this. So here I am. Yay. Tell me what to do
    Okay so as I don’t really know what to write for this, prolonging it is not going to help. I will just describe what I see and hope that is enough to be satisfactory. (since we are using bones from the last picture I will try to describe parts/areas with those)

First in my opinion it appears that the paint horse is closer to me, more in the foreground, with the bay horse standing about the end of the Thoratic Vertebrae area, and the beginning of the Lumbar Vertebrae. The paint is rearing upon its hind legs, likely to use its front legs to strike at the bay horse.  This I think is to add force to the attack. I would also like to point that it appears to me in the picture that the paint horse is turning its body inward towards the bay.  Now seeing as it appears in the picture the bay is back a bit, I think if this does hit that it will be a clumsy strike, falling low on the Humerous, and Ribcage area of the body. If any damage, bruising, or scraping of the skin, top layer with little or no blood. Also the paint’s mouth is open, and it could try to bite the top of the Cervical Vertebrae or neck area.

The 2nd horse, the bay horse, it seems that he is getting ready to rear as well. The back legs are bent and the bottom is angled downward towards the ground. The weight being places on the Femur or thighs, and a bit on the Lumbar Vertebrae lower back area. I would think that they pull their weight to their back legs before pushing up and off the ground with their forelegs.  I think this could result in the short embrace of the two, making opportunity to bite at the cranium, ear and Cervical Vertebrae area.  If the bay rears up before the paints body comes around, I believe it would knock into the shoulder area throw the bay a bit off balance, cause some discomfort and soreness.

Well, there you have it :| sorry for my suck
    EDIT: [I THINK I READ THIS TASK WRONG :/ ]
    Mine won't let me see it Sad It says access denied.
    [as the horse on the right]

Throwing his weight back he rises to meet the other in a rear. They are head on and as they clash their limbs collide and link, his left foreleg hooking over the other’s right. It brings them closer together and his neck twists to the right as he comes underneath the others jaw to avoid his opponents teeth. He can feel the other stallion’s hoof on his left shoulder blade, the jagged edge of it scratching along his skin. There’s no way the hoof can inflict any deeper damage, it’s all superficial. It angers him enough that his own teeth seek the flesh of the bay stallion, his muzzle already under the other’s jaw so he seeks to damage his throat. It’s unlikely that his herbivore teeth are going to tear flesh, he’s not going for the jugular by any means since that would be stupid, but he can perhaps put enough pressure on the trachea to make breathing more difficult. That is if he can close in on that area and clamp down as hard as he likes. If you can’t breathe then you can’t fight. Simple enough. As they are still linked he uses as much of his weight as he can to bear down and push the other away as he finishes his attack and comes down from his rear.
    I will take the brown tobiano horse.

This stallion seems to be coming from a slightly higher vantage point, if only by a few inches. They both seem to have a decent amount of momentum and are going for a traditional fight. The left horse has more of an advantage, it appears that it is aiming for the eyes and in this moment, the bridge of the nose/muzzle. The right horse is going for the mandible. I chose the left horse because in this photograph the advantage is more range of motion in its neck and front right forearm/knee. It's above the other horse slightly so has more probability to actually cause a tear or break to a leg. The disadvantage of being the left horse is that the right horse has an earlier recoil time and can either go to buck, cow-kick, rear or run but only by a few seconds. Being the left horse, if the right doesn't move quickly enough the weight of my horse (the left) may injure it in a transitional move.

^^ super rusty and late, I apologize.