• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I walk my days on a wire; lumineer
    heard your voice leading me on
    through the darkness to the dawn

He is such a simple creature, Lumineer.
    He is eager and naive and trusts the dark things because he does not know how to recognize them as dark things.

She stands there in the depths and all he can think that she must be such a powerful thing. He does not think about the price one must pay in order to be so powerful.

She comes closer and her approach kicks his heart into a frenzied pace that hitches his breath and makes his smile falter at its edges. Perhaps if he were a shy thing he might have looked away, hidden his gaze, let heat and color pool in his cheeks as if he were something bashful. But, while he is not particularly bold, he has never known how to shrink, so he just goes on looking.

Something strange splinters through his mind then, as they look each other steadily in the eye. He had felt some primal impulse to abandon the water, to retreat back onto the shore where the cold could not reach him, but it has all but completely dissolved by the time she speaks.

There is something new and enticing in those depths and his smile deepens again as he tilts his fine, striped head and nods. There is something vacant in the boy’s pale blue eyes as he begins to move, sinking into the depths.

I guess the cold isn’t so bad,” he murmurs, though the frigid temperature spirals through his veins like an electric shock to his system. It arrests the air in his lungs and a sigh shudders past his lips. And still, he cannot look away.

L  U  M  I  N  E  E  R

@[rosebay]

Messages In This Thread
    I walk my days on a wire; lumineer - by rosebay - 10-29-2020, 11:43 PM
    RE: I walk my days on a wire; lumineer - by lumineer - 01-01-2021, 08:30 PM