• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Perse)

i wanted pomegranates—
    i wanted darkness—
    i wanted him.

It is her pride and joy, the mark – the only memory He deigned to breathe upon her skin, branding her as His. She wishes it were more prominent, that her whole body was marked as His, that she could proclaim to the world to whom she belonged, from whence she came. Instead, there is a vast swath of silver across her body, unmarked, glistening like something molten and ready to be made.
    (She is the dead spit of her mother, down to the mark – though hers is on her neck rather than her hip – and she distantly remembers thinking of her mother as beautiful, but that was long ago, before her Becoming, before she was a thing transformed.)

The lips touch and it is strange, in a way, to be touched so intimately by someone who is not Him. Her skin prickles at the touch, the now shared knowledge of His mark (strange, undecipherable symbols that seemed to change shape before the eyes, written in a language she does not understand). The mark has always been private, in a way, her secret hidden beneath the sheath of silver mane.
    Still, she enjoys the touch, her body having gone so long without contact.
    “Yes,” she says, but the way she says it, breathy and soft, tells of other things, “and I’m glad for it.”

p e r s e
    ------------------------------cordis x spyndle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Perse) - by perse - 09-29-2015, 09:46 AM