• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Perse)

i wanted pomegranates—
    i wanted darkness—
    i wanted him.

By all rights, it should have been hell. By all rights, she should have screamed and begged for mercy, for death. By all rights she should have been the victim.
    But instead she loved it, the pain, the exquisite agony that unfolded inside of her. Instead of despising Him, or fearing Him, she loved Him. Loved Him madly, voraciously.
    It should have been hell, what she existed within – the lair, His lair, a dank place of hellhounds and ash.
    Instead, nowhere had ever quite felt so much like home.

She sees that she has touched a nerve, pressed herself against a bruise unhealed. She should feel sorry. She does not. She knows she hurt her but her curiosity is too strong, her need to know of His life outside of the lair too intense.
    But the mare surprises her. She walks forward. She does not retreat under Perse’s words, instead she faces her, close enough to touch. Her breath is warm and unlike His, does not smell of rotted meat.
    “He likes His things new,” she says, voice heavy with memorization, “if He didn’t fix you, you must have bored Him.”
    She herself is scarless, unscathed – looking, you wouldn’t know it’s the face of a girl who has died a hundred times, given herself to His hooves, to His fire.
    “My name is Perse,” she says. She is named as part of His private in joke – Perse, like Persephone – but she doesn’t care, “and I live in His lair.”
    Does she though, now? He sent her out, demanded she seek out from whence she came, but she wonders if she could even find her way back to the lair without His guidance.

p e r s e
    ------------------------------cordis x spyndle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Perse) - by perse - 08-13-2015, 10:40 AM