• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  if I'm on fire you'll be made of ashes too, anyone
    You think I'll be the Dark Sky so you can be the Star?
    I'll Swallow you Whole.
    She has noticed that they like to move, too. That most of them don’t seem content to be in one place for long, which was not something she was accustomed to. As a star, she did not move. The stars stayed and the world moved around them, and they lived and died in the same place. To not be anchored had been the hardest thing to grow accustomed to after she became earth-bound, and she wonders if that is why she can never shake the feeling of restlessness. The two parts of herself seemed to be constantly at odds with each other, the need to move and the need to stay still, the craving for sunlight and the longing for the dark.

It would be overwhelming if she felt the emotion of it all, but instead there is nothing.
    Just the same hollowness as always.

She likes Mesec, though, as much as she is capable of liking anyone. He always expressed interest in her affinity to the stars, and since that was the only thing she really knew how to carry on a conversation about, it allowed her to indulge in a sense of normalcy.

“I haven't decided yet,” she comments idly, looking up at the advancing darkness. She pulls a single tendril of starlight towards them, spins it into the shape of a flower, like the kinds she has seen in the meadow, and nestles it into the dark strands of his mane with a faint smile. “If I can find a reason to stay, then I might.” She does not understand the weight of those words – does not realize how close her life is to changing in a way that she could never comprehend, that would tie her to Loess forever, if only in the sense that it would be the setting for significant memories.

“You must like it, though, if you’ve stayed.”
    Islas

@[Mesec]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if I'm on fire you'll be made of ashes too, anyone - by Islas - 01-01-2021, 11:13 PM