• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and the bravest of faces are the ones where we fake it [any]
    I feel some sort of shame, or perhaps disappointment in myself, for not having talked extensively with Borderline before. She is one promising mare, I can tell - I see why Yan likes her, see what Lilliana sees. I don’t know how much of that is in her daughter, but already I can draw a parallel with the younger mares, the girls that I know from the past; my own offspring, Lilli’s, Izora. I wonder where the latter hangs out, but as long as our chestnut friend is around to look after the equally red woods, I am not worried about the current leadership. Nor the potential advisors that I’ve found in Taiga so far.

Borderline could be more than a plant-healer, I think, but perhaps she first needs to raise her own family for a bit. So while she takes the time to consider my remark and I see her glance around, I simply appreciate the fact that she mulls it over before responding. I think that says a lot about a person. She is a diplomat at the core, I believe. Quite a match for Yan’s sometimes-brash behaviour.

My question about the future is met with a little surprise, and maybe I just revel a bit smugly in that fact, like the rogue I still am (mostly the expression is hidden away of course, and while I know my eyes betray me, I think she’s more occupied with her thoughts). ”Continuance might work. I’m always afraid it gets boring over time, but a strong center is just as needed. A home base to grow forth from, if you will.” I tilt my head thinking about it - I’ve always wandered the world, but with a pull back to my family so I was never truly lost. It’s like that, I suppose. ”Though if you don’t mind me saying so - I think we also have to change, to stay the same. If we don’t, we fall behind with the rest of the world.” When did I become such a philosopher though? Sometime when I took up a mantle of responsibility, I suppose. ”But maybe I just think that because I’m such an old man.” My eyes twinkle a little, humorously telling her this. I know I must be around five or six times her age by now, even though it only looks like... twice her age - hmm, both old ages I guess - I would have thought so in her place anyway. Lately I haven’t kept track of the passing of time as much, though. Perhaps it helps that Lilli doesn’t age any more either, and thus she doesn’t mirror back to me the forward flow of time. Only my children are an indication, but they stop growing at a certain point as well. And I don’t think I need any more - Oren and Roselin have already been a blessing that I didn’t deserve.
    there’s an ocean in between your heart and me

@[Borderline]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and the bravest of faces are the ones where we fake it [any] - by Leilan - 03-02-2021, 05:33 AM