• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Revengeful Heart {Any}
    Heart 
    "Those whom are disposed in the darkness of solitude, never return. But a speck of light in the darkness can re-frame from the solitaire likely hood of darkness, and lead the way." ~Feya

Feya grazed alone beside a shallow stream and under the shade of a ruptured weeping willow. The wind filters through the long draping leaves upon her ebony flank, trailing to her pitch black tail whisping in the warm summer breeze. She allows a nicker to release from her grey coated muzzle, as she lowers her muscular neck followed by her white striped cranium. Her dark burgundy hues lift to the sight of multiple mares in the distance, but she dared not to approach her solitude was too well enjoyed to be broken.

She nipped at the lush blades of grass the small prickles upon the tender green vegetation tickled her whiskers as she gingerly plucked a few blades out of the soft plush terra. Her auditories were posted in a relaxed state as she listened to the vocals of song birds up in the willows draping canopy of flimsy vines. Feya closed her Burgundy hued optics rising her cranium she allowed her long slender appendages to stride forward. She reached the waters edge she loomed over the cool clear liquid eyeing her reflection, perhaps her solitude got the best of her. She pondered carefully flaring her nostrils causing ripples upon the water's surface traveling through the shallow lake. She retracted her attention back to her reflection once it focused, " Perhaps today will be different?" she spoke softly her Tennessee accent flew through her lips like whiskey. Feya turned from the waters edge nipping at the hanging leaves and branches from the willow she continued to graze tossing her long ebony mane.
    D E M I A N ( carnage x adalind )
    You could say he was the type who loved to observe others. You could learn so much by standing around and hiding in the background while you watched others come and go, socialize and basically in all ways live their lives separate from your own. It might have been this reason that Demian had found himself wandering around Beqanna in order to seek out something to do and quench the boredom the silence of the Valley was causing inside him.

The graying stallion had been in the meadow when he took flight, swiftly rising into the air as his wings beat smoothly against the air above him. Slowly he glided north with the winds pattern allowing it to carry him towards the fields. It took almost an hour for him to pass the tree line and come in sight of the large rolling fields daintly specked with a few horses down below.

As he turned in the air, slowly circling, he looked down searching for someone who was alone. He wasn't ready to dive into a large group, not just yet. It was well known that his socialization skills were lacking due to being on his own the last few years. It took a few moments for him to spot her and when he did he immediately turned, allowing the wind to rush over his wings and carry him down towards her.

His landing was as smooth as it was going to get. With a slight misstep, he easily righted himself and pulled his wings to his side, trotting a few feet before slowing to a calm walk. Her dark coat was almost shocking against the golden grasses of the field and it made him blink a few times before he was finally able to take her all in. She could be a worthy candidate to bring back to the valley. They had never been the muscular type. Being lean always helped in the forest, especially when fitting through the tightly pressed together trees were a necessity in order to reach the center of their widespread kingdom.

Glowing jaguar spots danced across his own lean yet muscular frame and the dark dapples of his graying coat helped the brightness of them to stand out even more clearly than they ever did when his coat was a perfect pure black. Stepping through the grass he moved closer, finally realizing why he had allowed himself to come here.

He needed to bring more to the valley. The valley was too quiet. The lack of life was becoming ridiculous, even for him. "Hello," his deep voice carried across the space inbetween them as he came to a stop a respectable distance away from the mare. Grinding his teeth he watched her peck away at the willow for a few moments before snorting slightly. He had never tried to eat from the trees along the rivers side before so this was certainly new to him. He had never understood why others resulted to trees when grass surrounded them for miles. Such a simpleton he was.

"I'm Demian, of the Valley." Oh my, he was so terrible at this. Yet over time he knew it would get better. These things just a took a bit of practice, right? Ears turning, he listened to the sounds that surrounded him before slowly looking away to look at a few of the other groups. "I'm sorry if I'm interrupting your day, but I felt as though I should take this opportunity to approach you." Shifting uneasily he looked back towards her.

"I have a proposition for you, if you're willing to hear it of course." And he left it at that, his eyes continuing to stay glued to the dark mare in order to observe her actions and respond appropriately when it was needed of him.
    immortal winged black hybrid stallion
    Feya's ears perked as he approached she flared her nostrils lightly deeply surprised, nipping at the leaves she strode towards him, her long slender appendages propelling her forward. He burgundy hues shone as she directed her attention to his muscular build, slowly making her way to his wings. She had never witnessed a winged equine before, this was surely a first, and possibly a last.

She allowed a low nicker to escape her muzzle as a slight welcome towards the stallion, she kept her eyes fixed upon his wings. " Hello, I'm Feya." she greeted him in a normal fashion. Although she rose her black tail as a flag of warning, as she would hold her ground if things became hostile. Her nostrils flared lacing his presence with even more warning, as she lowered her ears to a relaxed state.

She listened to his words in a polite manner her ears pricked at each word, " Your proposition is?" she inquired tossing her slick pitch black mane. Her long forelock placed over her right eye ending in a curve. She stomped her hind appendage to rid her leg of any flies that wished to pester her more. She stared up at the dark colored stallion her hazel hues locked with his.
    Anarchy :heart:
    @[Anarchy]
    He had never seen someone so quick to move into a defensive stance around him. Then again those he had come across had been few in all reality. Her raised tail and the snorting in warning came as a slight surprise and snorting suddenly he allowed a small smirk to dance across his lips. "It's nice to meet you, Feya." He wasn't sure if it really was or not. At least not yet. Her uneasiness around him made him tense right back up when he had finally been starting to relax.

"Well first, you can calm down darling, I have no intentions of harming you." Well, he was about ninety eight percent certain of that. It all really depended on how she chose to act. Her ears were what made him finally realize he wasn't in too much of defensive situation. Not yet anyway and he took that as slight encouragement.

Shifting his weight he stared straight back into her eyes, never letting his hold on her own break while he observed her quietly. It was when she spoke in response to his final statement that nodded slightly and allowed himself to relax just a bit. "Well, I approached you in order to offer you a place to live. You see, I live in a kingdom that is very sparse of activity as of late and I'm trying to help rebuild it's numbers."

Pursing his lips he allowed his tongue to dip inbetween them before continuing. "We are not a herd, but yet a like a large living community. We work in numbers, as teams. We are a mixture of diplomats and warriors. We have a monarchy. And our home is our pride. The valley is typically not one that is desired by many, but it provides ample opportunity to grow into who you are, and it is a place that will always accept you home if you are true to her in your heart. I have never known a bland personality to be in the Valley. We always have interesting characters tracing through the forest kingdom. And if you'd like, you too may follow me and call it home. But again it's up to you."

Silence. That was followed as he allowed his speech to cut off quickly. He knew it wasn't the best of speeches, but he had tried. His inexperience would one day grow into experience and ease. Yet for now she was his first. The hope he hadn't mucked this up through his awkward wording only traced through his mind for a moment. He was desperate for company but he was even more so driven to grow the Valley's numbers. It was long overdue that the kingdom's silence be pushed out of the kingdom and filled with life and independent and strong voices in return.
    Feya stared at him her tail swayed allowing her guard down she peered at his wings once more, " Alright." she mumbled hesitantly. She gazed at the stallion her ebony auditories went to a relaxed state, as she tossed her mane once more to one side. Her tail lowered down to it's normal position as she nipped at the leaves grabbing a few in her dark grey muzzle.

She gazed up at him her burgundy hues focused, " Lets say I said yes." she teased, " I see you travel by flight. So how would I travel?" she questioned tilting her head. Her ears perked slightly as her curiosity spanned on how she would get there when the valley was such a ways away. Was it possible she could sprout wings too? Maybe? She hadn't really met a mythical or magical equss before. This was definitely something new.
    @[Anarchy]
    Her mumbled alright and her defenses lowering were more than enough to let him know that for now he was in the clear. In response to her cooling off, he allowed himself to relax a little bit while he watched her nibble a bit more at the tree. With a cocked brow he continued to stare at her before blinking quickly when he realized she was staring up at him.

Looking down at her and making eye contact once more, he stared blankly as she teased him. It was hard for him to tell if she was joking or not due to his lack of socialization, yet he chose to go with the first and not assume otherwise. "Well..." he paused momentarily before shrugging slightly.

"We would walk of course and I would lead you there. It's about a two days trip, but it would be worth the trek, I promise you. The Valley is a strong kingdom to live within. No matter how quiet it may be at the moment." Licking his lips he continued to watch her his thoughts swirling around in his head at a hundred miles per hour.

If only he could give her the ability to fly, they could cut their travels down to a fourth of the time it would take to arrive in the Valley, but sadly he wasn't magical. He couldn't give her what she'd need in order to do so. He may be of mythical blood, but magical was far from his abilities.

"If I could give you wings, I would, but I don't have that ability and even if I did it would take you much longer than that to teach you how to use them even somewhat correctly as flying takes practice." Always so straight to the point.

He wasn't sure if he'd ever be good at this whole communication thing. Though he wasn't necessarily sure if he even wanted to be in all honesty. "So what do you say? Would you mind a bit of a walk?"
    Feya listened quietly her ears still stood perched. Although he couldn't grant her the ability of wings, she was still stuck on that idea. She lifted her cranium eyeing his wings once more multiple branches from the willow were draped upon her hind. Her jet black tail swatted at the air multiple times as she nodded, pretending that she was listening when she was actually wasn't.

When he finally finished his whole speech she lowered her ears slightly. Since she wasn't exactly listening she only caught the few ending statements, So what do you say? Would you mind a walk? She pondered only for a moment, thinking it probably isn't that long, if they kept her fast walking speed they would be there in no time right?

" Yes. I'll go with you." she flashed a short smile as she lowered her head nipping at several blades of grass. Before striding towards him, " So, shall we be off?" she trotted through the green vegetation waiting for him to jump ahead as most stallions do. This was surely going to be an interesting walk.
    @[Anarchy]

we try to sound like someone else.
    "Alright," He said nodding and returning a half smile. The look of relief only briefly flashin across his features before he finally turned towards the southeast. "Yes. Follow alongside me and I'll make sure we get there. I doubt we will find any trouble along the way."

And with that he began to move forward towards the trees that dotted the borders of the rolling fields. For so long he had spent his time in isolation and he knew that nobody would bother them simply because nobody really knew who he was except for the most important few.

It may be a temporary situation, this lack of knowledge of his exostence, but for now it was a peaceful thing. To him anyway. So many strove to be known and sought out power like starving children sought out food. But he was as simple as they came. Rarely looking for a way to make himself known throughout the world of Beqanna. He simply did what came to mind and acted on his impulses or what he thought would be a good idea for the time being.

Looking over at the mare he nodded gently in silent approval. He could see the potential in her and he had a feeling that she would make a decent asset to the valley. She may not be full of angry, cruelty or hatred. But sometimes kingdoms needed that little bit of yin to their yang so to speak. Ah yes. She'd do just fine.

(Okay, so I suggest you post in the valley and we can continue this from there Big Grin I'm so sorry it took me so long. Been a busy two days :| please forgive me!)