• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

By Moonlight

you're always scared that you're wasting your life

Neso's mind was filled with relief when she heard Yael confirm what the mare had said to her long ago. It put so many of her worries at ease now that she knew that she hadn't traveled as far as she had for nothing and now there was a wonderful chance of her finding a new home. A home that was safe even! A place where there was a chance she could prove that she could be more than a simple, wandering mare. Then, a bit of surprise settled in as she heard that Yael was an ambassador and an advisor. Their past conversation raced through her mind a small, hidden amount of fear flashed in her mind as she panicked about possibly treating Yael as if she were a lower rank. She quickly soothed her mind by sternly thinking to herself, 
        'You're fine Neso... you're okay. She doesn't appear offended at all so stop panicking over nothing.' 
         She finally slowed her mind a bit to the point where it wasn't absolutely bubbling over with excitement and directed her attention the the horse known as Ledger for a moment and said, 
         "Hello, Ledger, my name is Neso,"
         before she turned her attention back to Yael and said,
         "The desert sounds like a wonderful place... I'm sure the stars are absolutely lovely there!"
         There was a small expression of happiness on her face when she spoke of the stars, a sight that was quite rare, or had at least been quite rare when she wandered... She never really found much that would cause happiness to fill her body and mind. She thought for a moment, as if she was going over all of her choices and how she would ask. After a moment or two, she finally said, 
         "W-would it be possibly for me to live there?"
    Her voice was timid yet also wound with excitement causing her words to be quite, unsure yet hopeful all at once. It was if she was scared deep in side her, so deep that she didn't even know she was scared, of the fact that Yael might simply say no, she would not be welcome in the desert or she would be an outcast to their world.
         You must understand though, Neso had away from any sort of major civilization for quite a long time, and when she came across one, she was either chased out or moved on quickly, hating to stay in one place too long so she didn't have exactly the best social skills. At least she knew how to be polite though.

Neso

Hello? (I'll delete this after someone replies, I was just wondering if anyone was going to reply :/ )
    Yes, I am planning a reply. Please be patient, I have a lot going on in my real life right now and 5 characters and cannot always post quickly. Thanks.
    Oh my gosh I'm so sorry ;^; I'm just accustomed to other roleplay's where people tend to lose interest or simply just quit out of the blue without giving a reason, sometimes disappearing for a month or two before replying, please take your time and I am so sorry ;^;
    It’s funny that Neso mentions the stars; they were one of the few attractions that drew everyone. Few places, aside from the Tundra, perhaps, had such an unobstructed view of the heavens. And the Tundra was no place for a woman who wanted to make something of herself.

Neso panics for a moment, and Yael isn’t sure why. No one was acting in a threatening manner, so perhaps it was some sort of social anxiety? She could understand that. Her adoptive son, Munroe, wasn’t quite civilized, and there were very few whom he allowed to come close. She tries to sooth the panic for a moment, but doesn’t move to interrupt or urge her towards a decision. The others were free to pitch their own kingdoms as well. But before they can, or perhaps before the right words come to their minds, Neso speaks up again, and a wide smile blossoms on Yael’s face.

”Of course it ees! Ahnd eef you should ever vant to veeseet anozer keengdom, you ahr free to do t’at too.” She glances towards Tiberios and Ledger and nods, hoping they would say the same if they were in her position. It was best to keep goodwill amongst friends - and besides, the Deserts wasn’t like the Jungle. It didn’t demand a lifelong allegiance from its members. It requested. Politely. And with Power. “Eef you’d like to xead t’ere now, ve can. Or ve can vait till morning.”

The Desert can be harsh, but it is loving and protective and marvelous… and it has a stunning sunrise.

Yael, guardian of the desert

[feel free to post in the Desert so others can reply to you there too!]

you're always scared that you're wasting your life

Neso's heart raced in her chest and her body was filled with excitement and energy when Yael offered to go now and she happily replied,
         "Could we go now? I'm rather excited and don't think I could stay still long."
        She felt like she was a foal again, bursting with energy and excitement, especially when Iuliana would take her to the pond and she would get to splash and swim, cooling off under a hot summer sun. She would occasionally go after frogs and fish which were unlucky enough to be noticed by the young filly. The whole time Iuliana would watch her fondly, letting out an old, loving laugh when she would loose the frog, standing there utterly confused or she would splash so much she would be come soaked only to be warmed later with running through the forest, leaving a trail of droplets, or even with cuddles from her mother or Iuliana.
        She glanced to the two stallions, a slightly apologetic smile on her lips with a small nod of farewell.
        "Maybe we can meet again one day but for now, farewell Tiberios, farewell Ledger."
        Kindness and excitement glittered in her eyes as she stood tall, proud to be able to call somewhere home, even if she had yet to be there and truly live there. Though, it remained to be seen if that would actually feel like a home to Neso, one where she belonged and loved, though only time could truly tell. The stars glittered above them, watching them like gods watch over their followers or like a mother watching over a child, they had once guided Neso on the darkest of nights. The moon illuminated the earth with it's stolen light, round and whole in the dark sky like a giant eye and had once lit her path, keeping her safe in the night. The wind whispered secret's in her alert ears and tugged at her mane and tail, begging her to run until she felt as though she were the wind itself. The night loved her as if she were it's own child but now that child had grown and was leaving. The life of a wanderer, constantly moving wherever she pleased, was behind her and now her life was in the desert. A place of sand and heat. A place of stars. They followed her wherever she went, as they did with every other thing that carried a beating heart and eyes to look back at the sparkling lights. For a moment, all the painful memories were faded away along with the rest of the world except for the equines before of her and the wind-carved desert that awaited her.

Neso

[I'll start in the desert after this post! Should I start it with Yael leading her into the desert? or into the oasis? Or just have her there and not even include Yael?]
    You can start it however you like! just put yael + any in the subject so others know they can post with us ^_^
    The thread has been created! ~