• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me

Tarian - an experienced fighter on the battlefield - finds that he has to struggle to restrain his grin. His addition of Lady is met with a hiss from Altissima and he wants to smile so badly at her, that the Loessian Champion has to war within himself to fight it off. She is so unlike the women of his youth: his soften-spoken Aunt Cherish who imparted those court manners on him, his stern grandmother who had few words to say at all, his bashful sisters that averted their blue eyes too quickly when he walked by.

She is a creature that baffles and yet entices him - Tarian, who had always been so serious, to be this way with her. Dueling with smiles and stifling the banter that comes easier for every moment that he spends with her.

But as he flares his wings and notices that where her ever-changing eyes fall, Tarian feels a twinge of pride. He spreads them even wider as she opens hers, glad to catch the wind billowing from them. (It's in his blood, after all. There are generations of his kin that have loved and laughed and learned to speak with the breezes. When she blows it towards him, this is a language knows. The white feathers move and it sparks a question beneath his blue eyes, one that is waiting for her if glances up.)

"Good," he replies when Altissima states that they are. That smile he had been fending off spreads and beneath the moonlight, it can be seen warming his gaze. It's funny - because as the moon emerges from behind the clouds and Tarian starts to glow again, he finds that he doesn't mind as much as he did before. "So you should be able to keep up," he muses to her. It doesn't take long for a pegasus who is accustomed to coming and going. A few strides and those wide wings of his are open, ready to embrace the starlight.

He's as bright as the moonbeam he dubbed himself - glowing brighter than any star - when he finally looks behind him for Wildling and her radiance.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Tarian - 05-12-2021, 07:41 PM