• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me
    If he had just left, she wouldn’t have chased him. She would have been disappointed - and she’s surprised by that realization - but she would have left Loess and… well, returned to her quiet life, she supposed.

But he spoke and it wasn’t much but it was just enough to get her curious. Her eyes narrow and warm to an irritated pink when Tarian smiles and then moves a few strides and takes off. He doesn't smile often - smirks, sure, but an actual smile is a rare sighting. Annoyed with herself for having noticed this, she stays where she is for a few heartbeats, head tracking his movements and that wonderful glow, and then with an over-exaggerated sigh she follows. Her white wings unfurl and with a few powerful strokes of them she is not far behind the grey pegasus. The twinkling air trails her in the air, like it is just a blink too slow to keep up fully - which she doesn’t mind because it lets her keep her focus ahead. On Tarian.

When he looks back at her, she scowls.

She wants to ask where they’re going but she won’t. The curiosity is right there on the tip of her tongue and she can feel it want to bubble out of her. But Altissima has (some) patience and she doesn’t think it likely that Tarian is just leading her on a chase that does not have an end in mind. She think she'd try to knock him out of the sky if he did. She can't puzzle out what the end could be, can't figure out why he'd want to show her anything or why (why!) she wants to find out.

So she follows and while she does she tries to play with the glowing light around him - seeing if she can make it fade or intensify. She normally can't absorb any light at night and quickly finds out this is still the case. Still, it's something to distract her so she will not ask him anything.
    altissima

@[Tarian]
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Altissima - 05-12-2021, 08:10 PM