• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale watches Erne with her, and looks down to meet Ciri’s swirling gaze and nod in reply to her question. “My companion,” he confirms, telling her briefly of the black osprey’s origins in Islandres and the bond that the two of them share.

His realization amuses her, and Gale nods again. He is not sure why she asks, but he does not wonder about it for long, because she tells him of another star, and the blue-eyed stallion listens with fascination. An older star? Brighter, perhaps? How might she be like Ciri? Are all stars female?

There are a thousand questions in his mind, and Ciri’s sudden question of if she is welcome seems almost comical when he is so pleased to see her. He recalls her earlier trepidation, and the brief memory of a chestnut stallion. Though Gale has openly shared much of his past with Ciri, the black mare that he considers a friend after their single conversation has not told him anything about the copper man. He does not expect her to, but he recognizes the importance of reassuring her.

“Of course it’s okay!” He says brightly, as if there’s no reason she might need to be apprehensive of Hyaline. His previous concern, that the Curse might hurt anyone near, is far from his mind, drawn in by a long black tentacle that causes him to forget it entirely. There’s no concern at all, and only laughter in his eyes as he says playfully: “Mazikeen changed the rules about only shifters being allowed, so I won’t even have to eat you for trespassing.”

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale] - by Gale - 05-07-2021, 11:09 PM