• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The star-strewn mare sounds intrigued at the prospect of viewing the future, and the Curse smiles in delight. It has not yet tried to foresee, unsure how doing so might affect its host. Gale is almost entirely subdued, and it knows that within a few weeks he’ll be broken entirely.

But he’s still strong enough that the Curse has no choice but to tell the truth, so it says about Mazikeen simply: “We had a...disagreement recently.”

He shakes his dark head dismissively. The iridescent navy hair of his skin glitters in the glow emitted from his cremello markings and scars, and when he meets her eyes again he’s shrugging in answer to her questioning.

“I’m very resourceful.” It tells her. “I asked, and then I asked a little more firmly.” He’d slashed into Chemdog’s tender underbelly and then took the alarm that Mazikeen had asked for. Gale’s brindle shoulder’s shrug casually, and he does not gesture to the pale gold and glowing scar across his face where the pied stallion’s hooves had scraped away both white and navy skin. He really had just asked Desire for the others. 

“I have nothing but time.” Says the ageless non-being, a dark mass of magic and anger and blood. Gale smiles again, tilting his head charmingly and taking a step to lead the way toward the pine. It burns near the lake’s edge, illuminating both the statue of Starlace and the entity of Anatomy and Craft at the southernmost shore.

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A certain darkness is needed to see the stars [Gale] - by Gale - 05-28-2021, 10:03 PM