• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Whose afraid... [Saige Ceol]

It’s not too far a journey from the openness of the field to the rocky peaks of his beloved mountains. Time still seems to drag, he never speaks to her except one worded phrases demanding that she move. Never stopping for a break. Not until they are surrounded by craggy peaks, in the middle of a large crown. He leaves her side, pausing to lower his head to one of the icy streams that flows in the land. Water drips from his muzzle as he turns and regards her. ”I’m Gryffen. Your new master.” The words are as cold as the water he has drank from, red eyes looking her over as if he had just purchased her from auction. ”I suppose you have a name of some sort?” He’s not quite as rough with her as he is to his little minnow, the other mare that was trapped here. This one was already broken, the other needed to break. He was working on it, inch by inch.

The Chamber ghost looks quickly to the trees, making sure the ravens haven’t left. It assures him that his minnow is still swimming in the mountain stream and hasn’t tried to escape just yet. All the ravens are accounted for and he relaxes, gesturing for the other to follow. Leading her towards the heart of the territory, intent on finding the other. As they walk, he instructs her. ”I work for a kingdom so I won’t always be here. However I will know if you leave and you are certainly not allowed to leave. Do as I say and you’ll be in my favor. If not…” He lets his words trail off, the threat lingering in the air.

G R Y F F E N
    *********the big bad wolf

Saige Ceol
    "Her head is a living forest full of song birds..."

Saige's hooves were desperately seeking rest, not from the short journey, yet from the run from her herd. She hadn't stopped, not once since she had entered Helovia. Her body was still aching, her wounds were still attempting to dry, yet with each and every step, the cuts peeled open once again, stretching against their will. She kept her head close to the ground in fear of what she would see, her eyes only darting up to find where she should go, where she should follow him. She froze as he stopped as well, dipping his head into the stream. Her mouth was dry. So very dry. She ached to bathe within the stream, to drink as much as possible, yet she was afraid what he would say so she stayed still as he spoke. She physically winced, her hooves stepping back as if his words had barreled into her. Master? When she had hoped for a new herd, she never expected something quite like this. Quite like her old herd.

What did you expect, little bird? You were never built for a social hierarchy; more like a dictatorship.

The cackles boomed throughout her head and instantly she kicked, her feet flying, not even caring if her new master saw. She couldn't take this. She couldn't take any of this, yet she composed herself. Her eyes closed tightly, her breathing steadied and she glanced back up at Gryffen as he continued to speak, following him in fear of displeasing him. She didn't want to be on his bad side. She wouldn't be thrown to the wolf just yet, not when she had finally given her life some thought. Her body was sore, yet she continued to walk slightly behind him, refusing to step up near him. She had already felt the wrath of his teeth; she wouldn't take it once again.

Do you hear that, dearie? You've brought yourself within a cage. This one is on you.

The voices were right. One again, they were right, and she hated herself for that. Her lips moved in silent words, her mane shook in agitation before she shuffling forward, intending to please him. I shall be in his favor. She glanced at his frame, her eyes gathering the beady red eyes. She wasn't built for strength. She was built to run, yet she knew that wouldn't be the wisest choice when her coat was bloodied and her body was aching from her last run. So she muttered her name softly at first, only to realize she hadn't truly spoken it. She summed up courage before taking a deep breath and looking toward the ground once more for the first time she would speak to the stallion who had forced his way into her life.

"My name is Saige." Her voice was a mere whisper upon the wind, swallowed entirely by the mountains, yet she refused to speak again. Once was enough in the presence of the stallion. He hadn't asked for anything else, so she wasn't going to be the one to anger him.

That's right, little bird. Be a good mare.
    ---
    The Voices. - Thoughts. - Speech.

His words have found their mark, he can see the gleam of fear behind the false bravado, the agitation as she shuffles forward in an aim to please him. Although she was what he considered a broken thing, there is a hint that she’s not nearly as bad as the others. There’s some smarts in the girl, hopefully not too smart. The dumber the better. The shadow raven that Straia had gifted him flutters down from where it had been spying on the other mare. It settles on his shoulder, sharp claws digging into his own flesh but he doesn’t flinch, having become use to the exchange now. ”Saige.” It’s a smokey name that doesn’t spark any fun ideas immediately and so he dislikes it at once. ”Well Saige….” Her name is like ashes in his mouth, filled with mirth and dislike. ”You’re obviously not from these parts. Where did you come from before you were so fortunate to meet me?”

He is more relaxed now that he is home, the cool air putting him at ease. Coming to her side, his muzzle pushes into her neck and he inhales her scent deeply as well as rubbing himself on her in exchange. There could be no doubt now that this was one of his girls. ”I see you’re quite tired. I’ll allow you to rest once you’ve given me something…”

G R Y F F E N
    *********the big bad wolf

So sorry for the late response! I didn't know if you wanted to have a kid together before breeding season was over so that's why I left this post open ended. Here's his stats if you do, no worries if you don't! <3

Gryffen
    No Crosses Count x Kennedy
    Male
    Cremello with Red Eyes
    Abstang Hybrid
    ee/aa/CrCr/nZ
    Played by Jeje