• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When the dawn is still dark (Shatter Me, Diplomats, any)

Faith is the bird that feels the light

when the dawn is still dark.

It had taken her but a few moments to decide that this was what she wanted to do for the Jungle. The 'Falls held so much of her past among their history, but she had never visited for more than a few minutes back when Modred was king. She travels quickly in her quetzal form until she is not far from the 'Falls border. Here she comes to the ground and transforms into her normal painted self. She takes a moment to gather her thoughts and then moves onward, coming to a stop just after she passed into the 'Falls land.

A quick call is released for any who would know of her situation or that she could speak to. Scorch had said that Shatter had made the arrangements for a potential alliance and so, it was mostly the queen that Malka sought out. She stands patiently, brown and white tail flicking across her hocks as she waits to see who would answer her call.

Malka

immortal, quetzal-shifting Lekh, Kosi & Erinak of the 'Zons

He is not the Queen, that’s obvious. However, Tiberios feels that he could voice for her in any situation. He knows Shatter on a level that few (if any) could vouch for. So when the call arises in the crisp fall air, Tiberios is curiously ready to answer it. He’d been trying to spend his free time tangled up with Khalis, taking his small son all around the kingdom to keep him busy. He’d shown him his fire and watched as the illumination of curiosity held fast in his youngest’s eyes. The mind of a child held so much potential, Tiberios knew this, and from his own experience he vowed to always be a solid part of the colts life.

Besides, Shatter needed a break to recover. He’d already warned her with his intentions of many more children, and if she let him, he’d follow through. The dark stallion can’t help the mischievous grin that takes hold as he tops a shallow hill and meets the eyes of the newcomer. “Welcome to the Falls!” He calls out, picking up his pace so that he can close the distance between them more efficiently. “I’m Tiberios. How can I help you?”

Tiberios

Initiate of the Falls

i'm a wishful thinker, with the best intentions.

I was dozing in the shade of the sycamores. My strawberry form darkened by the shadows that blanketed me from the piercing light of the strong autumn sun. I had my ears attuned, flickering occasionally at the sound of child laughter (Akos was playing about, for the time being.) He was safe, and it was the safety of the Falls that allowed me to relax a little, knowing my blue roan son was out of harm. I listened to the sound of the birds as the sung their little melody. It was a beautiful day, a beautiful time of the year, the changes in the leaves and the light chill the wind brought with it. The Falls was perfect, to be, a real fairytale kingdom for any budding princess.

Or wallflower, in my concern.

I raise my head when I hear the gentle muffled sound of hoofbeats, crown lifts and both ears press forward, catching them again, this time my emerald eyes capture the presence of a painted girl; she is mulling around the border, and as I move out from the shadowy boughs of the trees, I spot the ebony and white knight of Shatter's. Tiberios. I whickered softly, a low greeting to him and to the stranger. I shift along the ground, red ribbons of feather sashaying along the dry grasses. My faded flower worn mane rolling down my warm neck as I bobbed my head to each in turn.

'Tiberios, Hello.' Even though we had yet to properly meet, it was in passing and the occasional glimpse I had seen him. I offer a smile, friendly, soft. Then to the coloured maiden I tilt my head and whicker softly, a lilting voice following a smooth smile. 'Hello there, I'm Eld. Is there anything I can do for you?' Even though the knight had offered, I nodded in agreement, two heads were better than one I would gather, but perhaps in this case neither would suffice and it would have to be the crown bearer to see to such. In the mean time, a gentle smile and a warm greeting never went amiss.

'Have you travelled far?' I idle in conversation, attempting to break the ice that little wallflowers like I, were not that great at doing. Even though my cumbersome feet were hefty, held a lot of force behind them, they did not clout the award tension of social meetings. And I planned to change that.

E L D

ambassador of the falls

Faith is the bird that feels the light

when the dawn is still dark.

She had not expected to wait long and that expectation was fulfilled as she was approached by two horses. They are strikingly different in their own ways and she offers them a soft smile as she steps across the border to greet them. The pair arrive shortly after one another and the black and white stallion is first to introduce himself, followed by the red roan mare.

"Pleasure to meet you both, Tiberios and Eld," she returns the greeting with a soft flickering of her ears and a slight shimmer in her eye. "I'm Malka from the Amazons," she offers and gives a short pause before continuing. "My lady, Scorch, has sent me to solidify an alliance among our kingdoms and so that I may learn the healing ways of your waters," she explains. There was so much more that Malka wished to learn about the 'Falls and her own history, but that was something to bring up at a later date.

Eld speaks again and Malka gives a soft laugh. "It is not as far as it may seem when one has wings," she replies. She was not sure if either horse had seen her before she had shifted back to her painted form, so they may not understand her words, but it was something she was sure they would see during her stay here. Malka much enjoyed her quetzal form as it was easiest to get around and allowed her to explore areas she wouldn't normally be able to explore in her equine form.

Malka

immortal, quetzal-shifting Erinak of the 'Zons