• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    wheeee
    Wow! I've never heard a King give such an inspirational speech before! His words make the peoples' hearts soar, as he commended the loyalty and faith of the fallen men. I just wish it could have come at a more opportune time. Used a great bit of rhyming too - When you look out from your rooms to the light of the moon, guard closely all that you hold dear. It may be gone too soon. He said that all of us have a great potential, that we should not settle for the unpaved path and leave our souls unfulfilled. We each have a story to tell.   I really hope he's right.

2 from 1
    Maybe friendly, maybe not.
    Wow! I've never heard a King give such an inspirational speech before! His words make the peoples' hearts soar, as he commended the loyalty and faith of the fallen men. I just wish it could have come at a more opportune time. Used a great bit of rhyming too - When you look out from your rooms to the light of the moon, guard closely all that you hold dear. It may be gone too soon. He said that all of us have a great potential, that we should not settle for the unpaved path and leave our souls unfulfilled. We each have a story to tell. I really hope he's right.

Wow-world of warcraft
    Avestan kavi (or kauui) "king" and also "poet-sacrificer" or "poet-priest". the soul, in Samkhya philosophy. The word Kavi or Kaviraj is in Indian language and literature used to denote a poet or a singer or a person of greatness who could pen or sing a poetry impromptu.
    Unpaved path- I thought this too was hinting at a stray path and Straia
    When you look out from your rooms to the light of the moon, guard closely all that you hold dear. faith of the fallen men- WOW has a character Straia Faith of the Fallen in the Moon Guard
    When you look out your rooms – rooms can be a chamber
    guard closely all that you hold dear- you might guard your heart, it has chambers also
    commending the loyalty and faith of the fallen men- this makes me think Engelsfors as well as
    We each have a story to tell – this makes me think both steals are from the Diplomat caste

I am blocking Kavi and Engelsfors from Straia of the Chamber
    Right and wrong. Kavi you got, but I was also going for Erebor. Keep in mind that I would not use things to describe in which caste they're in, or a character's personality. Clues pertain to their names only.

Wow!, "faith of the fallen" and moon,guard all pertain to this page on straia, which is on the first page of google results for her name. - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mo...a/advanced

story = "Quest of Erebor," a short story in the book Unfinished Tales
    'we all have a great potential, we should not settle for the unpaved path = Unfinished Tales
    unpaved path = mountain = lonely mountain = erebor
    unpaved path also = remote path = unfrequented and remote = lonely, part of lonely mountain (erebor)

So Erebor from Straia of the Chamber?
    unsuccessful.
    the clues to Straia and KJavi were good, there was one good clue to Chamber (assuming killdare mentioned all clues since they weren't in your reveal), but the clues for Erebor were vague.

story is far too vague of a clue; there are many characters with names from stories

'we all have a great potential, we should not settle for the unpaved path' is a clue to the Unfinished Tales, which is a clue to the story of the Quest for Erebor, and therefore not a direct clue to the horse's actual name

unpaved path is not a synonym for mountain, nor is an unpaved path necessarily remote or lonely.

suggestions for the future: clues for the actual meaning of the name (ie lonely or mountain or synonyms of those), describing the meaning of the name (ie what is erebor - a dwarf kingdom, etc)