• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Start Of A Beautiful Tomorrow; Auroraelis
    The stallion winces in pain as the venom from the snake bite begins to take hold of him. He has never experienced anything like this before. He thinks this is the end, but to his surprise, instead of weakening further, he begins to feel a soothing sensation in his body. It is as if his body is healing itself. He can't comprehend how or why this is happening, but he is grateful for it.
    As he glances at Aurora, he notices she suddenly appears much weaker. Her eyes are tired, and she is struggling to stand straight. Despite his weakness, he manages to help her get to a nearby tree to lean against. "How did you do that?" he asks, bewildered. "Are you okay? What about the babies?" he asks, concerned. He nuzzles her belly gently, making sure the babies are okay. Now that he recognizes what is happening to Aurora, he starts feeling protective of her and the babies, even though there is no way they are his.

They begin to walk further towards the meadow, carefully placing each hoof to avoid getting bitten again. He knows he might not be so lucky the next time. “When do you think the babies will come?” he asks, not wanting to leave her side. He’s worried about her, but he doesn’t want her to feel he’s being overbearing.

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

With Jacks help she steadies herself.  Her breathing, having been shallow, strengthens with each consecutive inhale.  Her eyes close as she focuses on her balance and breathing.  Within only a few moments she is feeling much better.  

Jacks questions do not go unanswered.  She opens her eyes as she responds, "After I proved myself worthy, the fairies gave me the magic of healing."  She paused briefly as she shifts, now more steady on her feet, "Y-yes I'm fine... It's strange though.  Usually I'm weak for much longer after using my magic.  Especially on wound much deeper than the surface..."  Her face tilts as her mind wonders why this time she has recovered much faster.

As they continue on their journey she is much more alert.  Her ears flicker at each noise.  Birds chirping, bees buzzing, grass rustling.  She considers Jacks question about the foals arrival and she laughs lightly.  "It is hard to predict such things," she replies plainly.  "I suspect they will be here sooner than we think," she looks to him with a smile.  His interest and protectiveness of her and the twins were a welcomed surprise.

Not all that glitters is gold

Her weight lessens against Jack as her strength comes back. He stands up straight and listens to her explanation of how she got her magic. “Prove ML yourself worthy?” he questions, confused. He’s concerned with her being weak; it can't be suitable for the babies growing inside her.

“You didn't have to do that for me,” he says, guilty that he has no unique ability to help her. He's just a regular ol’ horse.

Hearing that the babies could be here sooner or later heightens his anxiety. He's excited but nervous. He reaches his muzzle to hers and nuzzles her softly.

@ AuroraElis