• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Transformation In Fire
    As the morning sun bathes the land in warm light, Amenadiel stirs from his slumber. His dark bay, almost black coat shimmers in the sunlight as he unfurls his majestic wings, each dark feather stretching out individually. A small fireball escapes his mouth as he yawns, scorching the earth before him. With each breath, the circle of burnt earth expands, and a ball of warmth grows inside him, occasionally escaping his mouth in random bursts. Flowers wither away, and green grass dissolves as he inadvertently unleashes his fiery power. 

Struggling to contain the growing warmth within him, Amenadiel takes to the sky, wracked by uncontrollable coughing, with tiny embers escaping his mouth. He groans as he fights to catch his breath, each inhale stoking the burning fire within him. His head hangs low as he unwittingly scorches everything in his path. 

Seeking solace at a nearby stream, Amenadiel gazes upon his reflection and watches as smoke billows out from the sides of his mouth. Opening his mouth, he is startled to see an inferno glowing in the back of his throat. A devilish smile crosses his lips as he spreads his wings wide, fully aware that the transformation has begun.
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

As my mother is distracted with my brother and Jack I make my escape. The flames licking at my skin dance vigorously as I gallop at full speed.  A devious snicker flutters from my chest, my eyes focused on the path in front of me.

The grass plains stretched for miles, allowing me the freedom I so craved.  My stride lengthened as my head lowered, a determined look upon my face.  I could get my fill of adventure before my mother found me that I was sure.

As I reach the western edge the river blocks me from going further.  I bend my body slightly so I can curl upward and follow the riverbank.  It is then I catch a whiff of a familiar scent.  Smoke.  The smell causes me to slow and investigate.  I flare my nostrils, drawing in the burnt odor.  With a small snort I prance towards the river's edge.

There is a large dark figure lingering at the shallows.  I duck momentarily, assessing the situation.  My red eyes peer over the brush I find myself behind, my flames flickering do little to hide me. I watch as the stranger stretches his wings and makes funny faces at the waters.  My nose wrinkles in confusion.  He seemed harmless and curiosity was getting the better of me.

"Whatchya doin?" I question the large stallion as I give up my position behind the brush.

@Amenadiel
    //Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance\\
    Fire Mimicry- Fox Fire, Pheonix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings(developing)
    The majestic stallion stood in the center of a scorched circle, his tail swishing as he drew slow, deliberate breaths. His powerful wings were folded tightly against his sides, quivering with each exhale, oblivious to the growing inferno within him.

Raising his head high, wings poised for immediate flight, he suddenly caught the sound of snapping branches. His ears flicked back as he swiftly turned, inadvertently setting the grass ablaze just inches from where a curious filly stood observing him.

Smoke curled from his nostrils and lips, hinting at the imminent eruption of flames. He groaned and lowered his head, struggling to contain the escalating heat building inside him. Pacing along the river bank, he shook his head as bursts of fire escaped his throat with a menacing hiss.

Though he didn't want to harm the filly, he felt an inexplicable urge to stoke her own flames. His newfound fire mirrored the ones that surrounded her, and her inquisitiveness only fueled his desire to share this connection.

"I'm just out for a stroll," he rumbled, as ash and soot settled on a nearby white flower. "Where's your mother?"

@Escence
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

I am a curious thing, unlike the rest of my family here in the Meadow.  Caution does not call for me as I approach the wing stranger.  There is an inquisitive expression on my flame licked face as I look up at him with wondering eyes.  Even as he spits and sputters flames and smoke, I do not shy away.  Fire was all that I knew in life, and it hardly frightened me.

I watch him pace a bit more.  Grass turns to cinder all around him, them.  When he asks of my mother my eyes roll.  "Oh... Uh, we are playing hide and seek," the fib flows from my lips much easier than it should.  Perhaps there was more of my father in me than anyone cared to recognize, yet.

"My name is Escence.  What is yours?" I ask politely.  My blood red eyes gaze longingly at the stallion's wings, "I wish I could fly!"  My words are genuine and dipped in excitement.  I begin to prance about, speeding to a gallop in spurts, making circles and pretending to spread my non-existent wings before leaping into the air with a laugh...

@Amenadiel
    The sensation of heat swells in his chest, gradually giving way to a comforting warmth. With a soft sigh, he gazes tenderly at the young filly. "I wouldn't want to spoil your hiding place," he teases, flashing a playful wink. The energetic filly bounds and leaps, as if expecting to take flight. Amused, he chuckles softly and approaches her as she touches down. "Do you dream of soaring through the skies?" he inquires, unfurling his impressive wings for her to admire.

A deep rumbling stirs within his chest once more, and he winces, bracing for the imminent eruption of flames. He is merely a vessel for the fire, bestowed with its power by the fairies under the condition that he masters its control. How does one tame fire? It dances and flickers unpredictably, defying restraint.

That is the allure of fire; it remains untamed.

@Escence
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

With another loop made within the summer grasses around the winged stranger, I come to a sudden sliding stop.  The flames that trail behind me whisk higher into the air as they condense together quickly at my hind end.  I spin around to face the stallion as he asks if I dream of flying.  My eyes widen as I look at his feathered wings unfurled.  "Oh yes!"  I say with an excited nod before adding, "One day when I'm bigger I'll be able to soar the skies!"  The fact that I don't have wings doesn't register with me.

Inquisitively I watch the stallion try to contain something within him.  With a tilt of my head, I wonder why he looks to be struggling.  "Are you ok?"  I had seen him spitting up flames, but the thought of fire hurting wasn't something I knew.  My flames have never harmed me.  But maybe fire inside you did things...

@Amenadiel
    "Yeah, I'm feeling okay, just a little under the weather, I suppose," he murmurs. He reaches into the river and takes a few gulps to soothe the internal burn that scorches his flesh. Despite his gratitude to the Fairies for hearing his plea, he finds it challenging to control his fire as he had hoped.

He turns to the fiery filly, still as bewildered as before. "How about a quick flight?" he suggests, lowering himself to the ground to let her onto his back. His scales shimmer under the summer sun.

He eagerly awaits the day when he will prove himself worthy in the eyes of the Fairies, earning the privilege of mastering and harnessing his extraordinary powers. This journey of empowerment demands patience, determination, and self-sacrifice.

@Escence
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

At his affirmation of being ok I smile happily before continuing to buck and prance around.  Whipping my head side to side with a half rear, I whinny loudly.  The flames along my neck and mane flicker and spark.

Then the scaled stranger is crouching down and offering me a ride.  My expression is ecstatic as I hop about joyfully, "Oooo, yes, yes yes!"

He lowers himself to the ground and I rush over to his side.  My forelimbs curl under me, leaning on the dark man, as my hindlimbs push off from the ground.  I slip and slide, falling off a time or two, "You're. really. slippery."  I say in a perplexed but determined voice as I try again.  I do not notice the last spot I had fallen the dry summer grasses begin to sizzle and smoke...

Once more I press myself against him and push off the ground with all my might.  This time my forelimbs slide up and catch the bridge of his wings.  I pull the remainder of myself upright before wailing out, "Whoohooo!  Made it!"  It is only then do I catch the growing flames that are beginning to eclose them.  My fiery eyes widen, "Uh oh..."  An awkward smile forms on my lips as I look down at the winged man from the middle of his back.

@Amenadiel Burning ring of fire? XD
    Amen chuckles softly as he watches the young filly frolic around, her joy evident in the way her face lights up when flight is mentioned. He speaks reassuringly as he feels Escence shifting against his scales. Patiently, he waits for her to settle herself between his protective wings, a warm smile gracing his lips as he gazes back at her.

Surveying the area below, his eyes widen as he notices smoke and flames slowly encircling them. "Are you ready?" he asks, concern lacing his voice, as the fiery tongues inch closer to their perch.

Taking a deep breath, Amen takes a few tentative steps and lifts himself off the ground, his movements unsteady at first due to the added weight on his back. He hovers in the air for a brief moment, adjusting to the sensation, all the while keeping a careful eye on the scorched earth below.

"Are you doing alright up there?" he inquires, his voice gentle and comforting, as he continues to flap his mighty wings, ensuring her safety within his embrace. They soar through the sky, allowing her to fully immerse herself in the exhilarating experience. With a graceful descent, he lowers himself to the ground, gradually transitioning from a trot to a leisurely walk, and eventually lies down to release her.

Glancing towards the desolate expanse where the once vibrant grass now lies charred and lifeless, a solemn expression crosses Amen's face. "Stay here," he instructs before swiftly taking flight once more, landing near the merciless flames. Desperately, he collects mouthfuls of water, dousing the fiery destruction in an attempt to quench its hunger.

@Escence

AuroraElis

It wasn't hard to follow her daughter.  There was a trail of small flames anywhere the girl went.  Even as the flames extinguished the tell-tale signs remained.  Charred vegetation and sooty ash were her beacons as she trodden the path.  

Escence was fast but that did little to deter her from following.  Eventually they would cross paths and when they did that child was getting an ear full.

The path leads towards the river, and she wonders just what the flame licked filly would be doing by water.  Her ivory limbs, stained gray from ash, move at a steady pace.  It was much too hot today to go chasing the filly down, especially with a heavy gown of feathers.  

Her nares flare as a familiar but alarming scent is brought to her on the breeze.  Smoke.  This causes her pace to quicken and soon her navy eyes can spot flames in the distance. "Escence!" She calls out with concern.  

Pushing herself to a canter, the scene becomes clearer.  There is a much larger winged horse at the center, which causes her heart to slow momentarily.  As the horse lifts off the ground she can see that a ball of flames remains on his back.  She stops as she watches.  Soon realizing the ball of flames is no other than her daughter.  

Panic begins to swell again as she chases after the flying horse, her head high and eyes trained on the pair.  "Escence!" She calls out again in a worried but stern voice.  The pair circle around, oblivious to the feathered mare.

When they land, she rushes to them.  The winged stranger has already taken off to go tend the flames.  "Escence!  What on earth were you doing?  Are you alright?!"  She reaches for the fiery filly, inspecting her before turning to look to where the other had gone...

Not all that glitters is gold