• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's all hang together, shall we? any

Kings and Queens come and go, but all I really care about is if something amusing is going to happen. Such as our recent coup. That, I find endlessly entertaining.

Certainly I'd like a competent ruler on the throne, but beggars can't be choosers. And you'll never find me begging. Besides, the Valley has her own way of weeding out the worthy from the unworthy. She ultimately decides if someone's reign is not to her liking.

The Chamber may have a heartbeat thrumming beneath their hooves, but the Valley is no less alive. I can feel her in every vein of my body. It is she who continues to call me home.

I am not ambitious for anything, and I doubt that will change, but I am stubbornly determined to stick it out here for whatever reason the Valley summoned me back. I raised Kushiel here. I was Queen here. I met a good many wickedly wonderful equine here. And whatever happens next will be a cherry on top.

The air is bracing, but spring is making her steady way across the land. I haven't flown much this winter and my feathers are mottled and in need of grooming. I've watched quietly as a bit of life has flown back into my home, as Demian makes his rounds and the rest try to measure up.

I love my lack of ambition. It means I have nothing at all to prove. My winter was a quiet one, not frantic with the drive for a rank.

I will probably start recruiting soon, though. I always did enjoy the field. Next to the meadow,the field attracts the most fascinating souls.

But I digress.

Demian's persistent rounds remind me of Eight, and I wonder if he is around. I don't sense his thoughts, but I am not trying terribly hard so wouldn't be surprised if he walked up and said hello. Truthfully, I'm not actively reading anyone's mind. Sometimes I like to pretend I'm normal.

Ha. That'll last until I get curious. Which will be in 3… 2… 1...

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.