• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Kiddle me this
    I once knew a Scottish girl with a big, hooked ugly nose.
    Yet she dressed herself like nobility, in black velvet and gold brocade.
    One day I stumbled upon her and she seemed to be deep in thought.
    In her hand were three keys, and when I asked her about them this is what she said:
    They were offered to be by a punishing angel for each have dire consequences
    The first will make be ageless, but my womb will be barren.
    The second will make me powerful, but all will think me hostile.
    The third will ensure my stomach will never rumble, but will give me a thirst that cannot be quenched.
    I have reflected on my choices, and I think I know what I have to do.
    I will take all three keys and bury them beneath silt, rock and minerals
    I will return them to hell, where they truly belong
    I looked at the girl and saw the intensity in her eyes.
    You’ve clearly thought about this, I say
    And far be it from me to tell you what to do, but if I were you I would take all three keys and sell them to a soul less studied than you

1 from a kingdom for 1 BQ Year
    I once knew a Scottish girl with a big, hooked ugly nose. - Camrynn is a form of Cameron, which means hooked nose
    Yet she dressed herself like nobility, in black velvet and gold brocade. - Lucrezia Borgia's family was the subject of The Prince, and there is a portrait of her in black velvet and gold brocade
    One day I stumbled upon her and she seemed to be deep in thought. - Pevensie reference? Stumbling into Narnia?
    In her hand were three keys, and when I asked her about them this is what she said:
    The first will make be ageless, but my womb will be barren. - Desert reference
    The second will make me powerful, but all will think me hostile. - Desert reference
    The third will ensure my stomach will never rumble, but will give me a thirst that cannot be quenched.
    I will take all three keys and bury them beneath silt, rock and minerals - Desert referemce
    And far be it from me to tell you what to do, but if I were you I would take all three keys and sell them to a soul less studied than you

Had difficulty finding a Pevensie reference, but the rest is there.

Blocking Lucrezia from Camrynn and Pevensie of the Desert
    However, I also think there are red herrings

womb = chamber
    punishing angel = kushiel
    Shahrizai from Camrynn and Pevensie of the Deserts.

I once knew a Scottish girl with a big, hooked ugly nose.
    Camrynn is a Scottish name meaning big nose

Yet she dressed herself like nobility, in black velvet and gold brocade.
    Shahrizai is a noble family from the book series Kushiel’s Legacy. Shahrizai livery is black velvet with gold brocade. (this is stated clearly in the wiki page when you google Shahrizai).

One day I stumbled upon her and she seemed to be deep in thought.
    The Pevensie family is described as stumbling into Narnia. The name Pevensie is made up, but is seems to be derived from pensive, meaning deep in thought. The Pevensie’s find themselves lost in Narnia like someone who is pensive would be lost in thought. They are also ‘absorbed’ through the wardrobe and into Narnia, which then takes over their lives. Pensive can also mean absorbed.

The coat of arms for the Shahrizai house is 3 gold keys entwined

Kushiel, the angel for which the book series was named is a punishing angel

The first will make be ageless, but my womb will be barren.
    Barren, Deserts

The second will make me powerful, but all will think me hostile.
    Hostile, Deserts

Dehydration, lack of water, Deserts

Reflection, another reference to pensive, and therefore Pevensie

I will take all three keys and bury them beneath silt, rock and minerals
    Silt, rock, minerals = sand = deserts

The keys on the Shahrizai coat of arms are the keys to hell

thought = pensive again

And far be it from me to tell you what to do, but if I were you I would take all three keys and sell

them to a soul less studied than you
    studied = pensive

I see that the Pevensie clues are a little vague. Pevensie is basically a play on pensive though, since its not a real name, and I repeated the clue enough times that I thought it would stand you. I dunno, up to you, I could be crazy Smile

Womb was simply a way to get to barren and Kushiel is a key clue to Shahrizai. It wasn't a red herring since it literally meant Kushiel. There is a character called Kushiel (I play him, ironic) but he's not in the Deserts and those clues were pretty obvious.
    unsuccessful. The clues for Sharizai were great, the Desert were good, and Camrynn was good, but Pevensie =/= pensive, so the one clue for "stumbling" isn't enough.