• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    this one. for reals this time
    Bloody hell, I am both looking forward to and not looking forward to, going back to school. I mean, yes, this is what I want to do for the rest of my life, but it’s the uncertainty surrounding the whole thing that’s driving me plain crazy. At this point, I have NO idea what I’m doing for practicum. For all I know I could end up teaching an English class! I’d really rather not. I want to teach Science! I want to teach about the cardiovascular system in Biology, or laugh at the Chemistry students while they struggle with the bunsen burners. It was pretty darn entertaining last time.

Or … even if I do get a Science class I could end up with another class like the Science class I taught last semester. Now that was like trying to tame a bunch of wild animals. Trying to calm them down was all but impossible. Not to mention trying to distract them from there PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS games. I guess it was a good learning experience at least?

Ugh, this whole experience is giving me enough anxiety to last a lifetime. No wonder most first time teachers come down with depression and burn out within the first five years.

1 from 1 in 3
    Maybe friendly, maybe not

Please delete the other two. Don't hate me please. D:
    Blocking Flamevein for the Valley

Bloody hell, I am both looking forward to and not looking forward to, going back to school. I mean, yes, this is what I want to do for the rest of my life, but it’s the uncertainty surrounding the whole thing that’s driving me plain crazy.

plain = plains = valley

At this point, I have NO idea what I’m doing for practicum. For all I know I could end up teaching an English class! I’d really rather not. I want to teach Science! I want to teach about the cardiovascular system in Biology,

cardiovascular system = vein = flamevein

or laugh at the Chemistry students while they struggle with the bunsen burners.

bunsen burners = flame = flamevein

It was pretty darn entertaining last time. Or … even if I do get a Science class I could end up with another class like the Science class I taught last semester. Now that was like trying to tame a bunch of wild animals.

Trying to calm them down was all but impossible. Not to mention trying to distract them from there PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS games. I guess it was a good learning experience at least?

Demian is the name of a character in a Playstation/DS game called Supremacy MMA

Ugh, this whole experience is giving me enough anxiety to last a lifetime. No wonder most first time teachers come down with depression and burn out within the first five years.

The book Demian came to Hesse in a dream, and is considered a product of his psychoanalysis. Depression and anxiety are things commonly dealt with though psychoanalysis. Also, burn out = flame = flamevein?

I dunno, I’m trying my best because the time is about to run out. Good riddle.
    You are correct for Flamevein, but I believe you are not within the time, since I posted this on the 3rd at 9:49 PM (PST) and you posted your reply after 11:00 PM (PST) today (the 6th). I could be wrong though, haha, I'll leave that to the officers. Smile

Bloody hell, I am both looking forward to and not looking forward to, going back to school. I mean, yes, this is what I want to do for the rest of my life, but it’s the uncertainty surrounding the whole thing that’s driving me plain (plain is a synonym for valley according to thesaurus.com) crazy. At this point, I have NO idea what I’m doing for practicum. For all I know I could end up teaching an English class! I’d really rather not. I want to teach Science! I want to teach about the cardiovascular system (veins are part of the cardiovascular system = Flamevein) in Biology, or laugh at the Chemistry students while they struggle with the bunsen burners (bunsen burners create flame = Flamevein). It was pretty darn entertaining last time.

Or … even if I do get a Science class I could end up with another class like the Science class I taught last semester. Now that was like trying to tame (‘to tame’ is a meaning of Demian) a bunch of wild animals. Trying to calm (‘tame, calm’ is another meaning of Demian) them down was all but impossible. Not to mention trying to distract them from there PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS games. I guess it was a good learning experience at least?

Ugh, this whole experience is giving me enough anxiety to last a lifetime. No wonder most first time teachers come down with depression (depression is a synonym for valley according to thesaurus.com) and burn out within the first five years.

Possibly success due to block outside of time limit?

Oops also yes video game reference was a more vague clue to Demian. Tongue
    Success, since the block was posted after the time limit.