• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

whose afraid... [Reuen, Vause, Cellar]

There’s not much small chat as they head to the Gates. His mind is focused on other things, preoccupied. The Chamber ghost looks out of his element in the spring swept landscape. The Gates more so than ever, all bright and warm. Not his thing. The sooner he was out of this dump the better. God and was it a shithole. Barely a few horses milling around and the stupid tree in the distance. Such a pathetic waste of land. Crimson eyes search the border to see if he can find the distressed mare’s figure. Not finding her, he motions to Cellar and crossed into the kingdom. He doesn’t care much for rules or boundaries, unless you were trying to cross into the Chamber that is. It doesn’t take long to find her, the little ruined doll that he loves to play with so much. So easy to pull her puppet strings and make her dance the way he liked. She craved him, it was so evident with the way she conveniently made herself available to him. But today he doesn’t care for her. He’s come for something else.

”Reuen, my precious little wilted flower.” A smirk on his white lips, red eyes dancing like fire. A muzzle extends and presses briefly into her neck. He trails down to her shoulder, a nice lingering caress. ”I believe you have something of mine and I’ve come to collect.” He looks around her, looking to see if a foal is pressed to her side. ”Where is it?” He doesn’t introduce Cellar, there was no need. She was here as backup in case they ran into any difficulty getting what he came for. His poisonous scaled bouncer.

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf

@[Magpie77] @[Affirmative]
    I wanted to leave something besides a blood trail,
    besides prayers growing stale on my tongue.

She had found it curious when Straia offered to talk to her, an invitation she has never received before in her young life. Her previous masters had kept her just a little wild to keep things interesting, though the Chamber members sought to refine her. Cellar chooses not to dwell on it when Gryffen issues his command for her to follow him. Instead, her mind remains clear as she obeys. In her childhood, she had tiptoed around each kingdom as they went about their lives but never dared to trespass on their borders. Today would truly be an adventure for her.

Her bright eyes scan the landscape as Gryffen leads her to the Gates, where it is warm and the atmosphere is a great deal more peaceful than their home. She finds it curious but makes no mention of it as he crosses into the foreign kingdom with her in tow. The barbs along her skin bristle nervously at all the new scents and the notion that they should not be here, should never have infiltrated this place so boldly. Again, she says nothing but maintains her silence as the wraith finds his prey.

The serpent girl swallows nervously as he greets her. His words are cold and his touch seems like a knife trailing along virgin skin to her eyes. Cellar follows his actions as she examines their surroundings a little more closely. Just what they've come to collect, she does not know. The sunlight rolls across the iridescent scales along her legs as she steps closer until she's  nearly shoulder to shoulder with Gryffen, though always slightly behind him and with a good distance apart.

"Will we be here long, Gryffen?" she asks with a tilt of her head. "This place is... uncomfortable.

Her words remain hollow despite her anxiety and her face shows no expression of these feelings. Had she not spoken, she might seem entirely detached from the scene playing out before her.

I could give you my body, my flesh,
    offer it up like a sacrifice, like a banquet.
    C

E

L

L

A

R
    Vause

Life has been strange for the little girl ever since her birth, but Vause doesn’t know the difference between normal and strange, so she doesn’t mind all too much. So what if her mother is schizophrenic? She’s her mother, and Vause knows that Mommy Reuen loves her. She knows that Mommy gets scared a lot, even though the Gates is a very, very safe place and though she doesn’t understand why Mommy is always nervous, she doesn’t question it either. She may be young but she is already growing wise, learning and adapting to her mother’s strange habits.

The Gates is a quiet kingdom to grow up in, and Vause feels quite safe here. Maybe she’s not, but she doesn’t know that. She doesn’t know about her cruel and unforgiving sire who (at this very moment) is coming to demand Vause be turned over to him. All she has is Mommy and the Gates and for a child hardly out of the womb, it is all she needs. Maybe in a few years she’ll end up wandering off and doing something else, but for now she can’t imagine a world without her mother in it. Oh no, no, no. That would just not do.

Little does she know she doesn’t have a choice.

Vause is alone with her dam when he arrives, power and darkness practically radiating from within. He has vibrant red eyes and a rather sinister smile, and though Vause does not yet know what evil is, she cannot help but shrink away from him. Is he going to hurt Mommy? He can’t do that! But no, it seems that he is just here to talk… about her? About Vause? What did I do? Vause thinks to herself, trying not to panic. He’s come to collect her? For what? Where is he going to take her? Mustering up her courage, she peeks out from behind Reuen. “If you’re going to take me somewhere, could you please ask my permission first?”

Oh, Vause. Your mouth is going to land you in trouble.

Cellar is nervous about trespassing but he isn’t. He knows the Gates is a weak kingdom and it’s people even weaker. Glaring down at Reuen, he doesn’t bother to turn his head and look at the girl who had followed him here on his command. He can sense her anxiety despite the hollowness of her voice. ”Yes, it is quite uncomfortable isn’t it?” He murmurs, this land was warm and itched at his skin. His body longs for the cold, the weird rolling vibrations of the heart beating beneath the earth. ”Don’t fret Cellar, this won’t take long.”

The schizophrenic broken doll is unusually quiet. Perhaps she had been shattered for good this time. No matter, for what he has come for peers out behind her hindquarters and boldly questions him. Another girl. Damn it. Well that’s disappointing. Crimson eyes peer at Vause intently, not speaking for a moment. Finally he pushes Reuen out of the way to fully expose the child. ”A father doesn’t need permission to take his child. Especially your permission.” He growls softly, lowering his head so they are eye to eye. And then his expression changes as he slowly smiles at her, crimson orbs glittering enticingly. ”Surely a girl would like to get to know her father?”

Pulling back from the girl he moves towards Cellar, coming close enough that his whisper would be private but always keeping enough space so they would not touch. ”If anyone tries to stop us… You know what to do.” Pointedly looking at her scales before coming back to the foal and ushering her away. ”We are going on an adventure. You do like adventures don’t you?”

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf