• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In a city after midnight; Any

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

Rhy smiles at the mention of them stargazing together. She could spend an evening like that. Without the threat of war lingering. Even if Lagertha decided to send Erebor home, Beqanna was restless. And the Amazons and the Chamber had made themselves enemies over these last years, and so Rhy only expects that war will find them eventually. Will they be ready, when the time comes?

She doesn’t doubt the sister’s ability to fight the Chamber, but they still stood nearly alone. If the Chamber and the Valley attacked together, the Amazons better hope they had something other than healing waters to fall back on. But Lagertha was quick to get rid of their standing alliances, and leave the Amazons nearly alone. Not that Rhy trusted the Deserts, or even necessarily the Tundra now. But still, they needed to trust someone.

“I would love to stargaze with you. Maybe you can teach me,” she says with a grin. It would be a pleasant change, really. It would be nice to simply not worry for a while. To watch the stars overhead, to pick out constellations and make up names for them all. Because she had no idea if they had real names. Probably. But she didn’t know how to find those out.

“It depends on your trait, exactly, but I will teach you whatever I can. Electric has never hurt me though. I’m not sure how to teach that, but perhaps we can figure it out.” The electric had hurt her sister though. It had taken them until only a year ago to even come near each other, let alone in contact. It had taken their parents death to finally bridge Kora’s fear of that electric. It may be cool, sometimes, but Rhy’s traits had their downfalls too.

“We can certainly look in the meadow, though I don’t know if we can find her.” The girl, at least, doesn’t seem too upset over the loss of her mother. Normally so, but brave about it. Maybe she belonged in the Jungle anyway, a brave little girl well suited for the life of the Amazonians. “But right now, it sounds like you are hungry. I bet we can find a Sister that has some milk, so you can eat. If you want to come to the Jungle with me, that is. And maybe we can find your mom.” Rhy has no idea if the mare is looking for her daughter, but certainly, she’d try to help the girl.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

Messages In This Thread
    In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 09-10-2015, 05:20 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 09:58 AM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 09-20-2015, 10:55 AM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 09-22-2015, 02:47 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 10-04-2015, 07:06 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Rhy - 10-12-2015, 12:58 PM
    RE: In a city after midnight; Any - by Draconis - 10-14-2015, 06:19 AM