• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wicked shall receive their reward; any
    (OOC: Hi new Gate peeps)

From above, the wicked shall receive their just reward

Kronk couldn’t help but be excited. He had found a home, or at least, he had been invited to one. Soon he would be attending meetings, training beside his Gatemates, and forging bonds of loyalty through blood and battle.

At least, he hoped so.

Kronk was disciplined enough to keep his nervousness from his face and body. His legs didn’t shake, his lips didn’t quiver, his brow did not furrow. He was here to do a job, and as long as he fulfilled that duty, he had done what he needed. The finding of comrades, the adventure, all of that had to be second. But, while Kronk was disciplined enough not to show his nervousness, his eagerness, he was not a stony as his face would suggest.

He was so excited.

Hastily, Kronk clamped down on his enthusiasm. He couldn’t give way to recklessness, not even reckless joy, especially on his first day. Instead, he would check in with his superiors, and begin the task of being the best he could be. It was a daunting task, yes, but it was the duty of every solider to achieve it. And if Kronk was anything, he was a good solider. Wichita had been good enough to bring him here, he would not live to see her regret it.

Kronk
    Nuka x Fidget

Photograph by Vivacqua

A weird thing had happened. A large odd blue creature had been laying in his path and stupidly he had bumbled into it. It had awakened, bit him on the leg, then fallen promptly back to sleep. The chestnut stallion had appropriately fled back to his kingdom in confusion and fear and hadn’t stopped galloping till he had passed the Gates border. Not long after he was overcome with utter exhaustion. ”It was poisonous. I must be dying!” He thinks wildly as his legs collapse beneath him and he passes out. He sleeps all day and all night and is unable to wake as he usually does. The curse has left him defenseless to his nightmares. When he finally awakens he is a nervous wreck, more tired then he had been before despite twenty four hours of solid sleep.

It’s a frazzled Ledger that the newcomer is first to meet. Gold flecked eyes tiredly take in the stallion as he slowly ambles over to him. ”Welcome to the Gates.” He greets him warmly enough as he stifles a yawn. ”I’m Ledger…..” This time he is unable to contain the yawn and he shakes his head as it finishes. ”My apologies, I’m unusually tired today. Now what can I do for you?”

L E D G E R

FAMILIAR BREATH OF MY OLD LIES
    CHANGED THE COLOR IN MY EYES

Wichita was mighty pleased with herself. In fact, she was ecstatic. The little mare had not felt this good about herself in a long time, and it placed a proper pep in her step. She was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning, and what luck! She spotted the stallion she had invited to the Gates making his way across their borders. She swiftly calls to the twins, letting them know she will be just across the meadow. They are having too much fun running around to pay her much mind, but she allows them to frolic while she heads over for a chat.

A silvered stallion reaches Kronk before she, and she knows the males name from Tioga’s mentioning. Ledger. They have not yet had a chance to meet, but her eldest had said the man was reasonable enough and that was good enough for her. Tioga had a much better judge of character than she ever did, much to her embarrassment. It wasn’t very proper for a child to be wiser than a Mother, but Tioga was quite different than her other children. From most children. She brushes the cloudy thoughts from her mind, focusing again on what a wonderful day she was having. She trots up gently to the two men with a warm smile, and kind eye. ”Well I’m happier than a tick on a hound dog!” she offers brightly, beaming up at the painted soldier. ”Did ya make it all right? We’re so happy ta have ya. We’ll start a proper army now, wont that be nice?” She turns her chocolate stare to the yawning Ledger, as if he can assist in solidifying her statements.

Taking notice of his drooping features, she comments on his condition. “Goodness, sug. Are ya okay? You look awful.”

From above, the wicked shall receive their just reward

Kronk was excitedly waiting for orders. While he always enjoyed carrying out orders, he couldn’t deny that he enjoyed the anticipation of waiting for them as well. It was a slightly foolish indulgence, the excited fluttering of adventure to come, and he rarely allowed himself to give into it. But, occasionally, he couldn’t help it. The stout stallion shook his head at himself. Were you truly doing your duty if you enjoyed it this much? If truth be told, Kronk wasn’t sure. He had always imagined duty would be onerous and difficult, something you did despite the struggle. He was just having fun. There was a slight chance he was doing something wrong.

He heard the stallion approach before he said anything. Kronk hurried to greet the approaching man, then stopped short. My, he looked…sleepy. The enthusiastic greeting died on his tongue. Certainly, Kronk's enthusiasm would do nothing but exhaust his greeter? He tried to rein it in a little.

“Thank you Ledger, I’m certainly glad to be here.” He paused, and wondered if perhaps he could wait to explain his purpose after Ledger had a nap. Yet, suggesting so seemed abominably rude.

“I’m Kronk, and I’ve come to join your ranks, if you’ll have me.” Kronk wasn’t exactly sure how these matters usually unfolded. He opened his mouth to explain that he had been invited here, that he wasn’t a hapless wanderer, when the lady herself approached. Kronk couldn’t help but beam at her greeting. It made him feel very welcome indeed. While he was more than thrilled so simply have a purpose, he hoped he could come to feel at home here as well. Perhaps even find some brothers and sisters in arms.

“I did, thank you, Wichita. I’m very glad to do my part, whatever that maybe.” They both turned their attention to Ledger then, and Kronk was glad that she had asked after his good health so he didn’t have to make an awkward inquiry. Ledger certainly did look worse for wear.

Kronk
    Nuka x Fidget

Photograph by Vivacqua
    She’s sooooo bored.

It feels like the Gates are getting quieter and quieter with each passing day. The only person she’s talked to lately is Tioga and while she adores the girl, the dark mare doesn’t always make the best conversationalist. The Gates needs more people soon, and interesting people at that, or she’s going to start going mad.

And luckily on this particular morning, it appears that’s going to be postponed.

Sidra is marching about the Gates with a particular bored frustration when she hears the sound of multiple voices conversing. In the Gates that’s quite a rarity, and so her interest is immediately peaked.

She sets out to track down the source of the voices and within minutes comes upon the little gathering. She’s pleased to see that there are three horses, two of which she’s never even seen before - perhaps the Gates is finally gaining more members!

She breezes right into the middle of their little gathering, unable to keep a little prance from her step. “Hey Wichita!” She nods at the older mare, then moves right on to the two strangers. She pauses for a moment, appraising them. The flaxen chestnut is quite a bit older than herself and looks like he’s seen better days. As she watches, he appears to be right on the edge of sleep, which for all appearances, he seems to need. He looks like he hasn’t slept in weeks. The tobiano however is far younger and brimming with energy and what she suspects is slightly nervous enthusiasm.

Excellent. Two more horses she can bother.

She grins at the both of them and reaches out to sniff them in turn, internalizing their scents and completely ignoring any personal boundaries they might have. “I’m Sidra, who’re you guys?”

Sidra

the wild child of jason x fiasko

[Image: sidraandsahm_zps0fabjlj2.gif]

He feels awful and apparently looks it too. If only he knew the large blue creature had been a light punishment in his life. The worst was just around the corner. He’s oblivious to his future and fate, instead he is focused on the others before him. Or as focused as his tired mind would allow him to be. He’s also suddenly ravenous with hunger, his stomach feeling deflated and growling with anger. So he immediately begins to graze, shaking his head with a defeated gaze when he looks up at the others. ”My apologies, I’m not usually like this. Had a run in with a strange creature and it seems to have done a number on me.” God he hopes this won’t last long, he can’t imagine going through the rest of his life like this.

”It’s good to meet a new face. A few new faces for me actually.” He smiles sleepily at Wichita and the young girl who had joined them. Even though he had returned home awhile back, he hadn’t met too many of the Gates current residents. Looking down to Sidra he responds quietly to her. ”I’m Ledger. I lived here a long time ago.” Of course he did not look nearly as old as he should be considering how long ago that was. This land though and it’s way with time. It was unlike any other place he had ever been. The clock seemed to start ticking the moment he had stepped back, going silent when you left.

L E D G E R