• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will always find you (any)

I am fascinated by my new mother, and I am never very far from her. She isn't overbearing, like maman was, but I am drawn to her side as if I am a magnet. Part of this is I am still very young and being on my own isn't my favorite thing. And part of it is, I am afraid Lagertha will disappear like my first maman did. Every day that passes my old life fades and it is a quiet, secret worry of mine that this new world I have discovered will someday do the same. And oh, what a world this is. Inhabited by the Sisters who seem fierce and friendly all in one. I have never felt safer, nor more curious.

I have been sleeping curled up under the large umbrella leaves that are scattered around the floor of the jungle. They offer shade, although they do little to block the humidity. Coming from a cold and misty mountain to the blazing sweating heat of the Jungle has been one of my biggest adjustments. I've found I like the heat, the force of it pressing against my skin and reminding me that I am alive.

I wake with a startle, and immediately look for my mother. She is always busy, although I don't know if I could tell anyone exactly what she does, but she is rarely very far from me. The other mares call her Khaleesi. It makes me feel a sense of pride to know she is so important in this place I am growing to love.

Mother?” I call as I scramble to my feet. Relief floods my features as I notice her gray form nearby, flanked by a mare I know and like, Joscelin, and a stallion I have never seen before. I trot over vines and branches, whickering at a pair of brightly colored birds as I move to Lagertha's side.I offer Joscelin a shy smile. The last of the stallion's query reaches my ears and I give him a puzzled look. Doesn't everyone know who my mother is?

This is my mama and she's in charge of all the Sisters. She's a Khaleesi.” I nudge her side insistently, in an accidental stage whisper. “Whose this? Is he going to live here with us?

I eye the newcomer with interest and a little warily. If he lives here, what will he be called?

ANGUISETTE
    the jungle princess

Messages In This Thread
    I will always find you (any) - by Killdare - 09-12-2015, 04:13 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Joscelin - 09-12-2015, 09:24 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Killdare - 09-13-2015, 04:45 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Lagertha - 09-13-2015, 06:56 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Killdare - 09-17-2015, 11:56 AM
    I will always find you (any) - by Anguisette - 09-17-2015, 08:12 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Lagertha - 09-18-2015, 04:37 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Killdare - 09-24-2015, 01:48 PM
    I will always find you (any) - by Anguisette - 09-25-2015, 07:48 PM