• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

KINGDOM MEETING - ALL
    Star 
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    They returned with news that the Falls’ waters worked, but that there was some sort of problem with the birth. Lagertha took it with a grave face and requested that she stay updated on everyone’s conditions. Beyond that, she could do nothing - she cannot heal, and does not have the mental abilities needed to look for a lost child. She cannot fix what is going wrong, and so she does not try, instead throwing herself back into the kingdom and observing its members. Some decisions were obvious, some not so much. It took a little bit of time and a serious conversation with her Lady to mull it all over. And when she is sure that she’s making the right decisions, she calls the sisters together.

Lagertha still wears the waterbuck horns that marked her as the General - she will address that later, but for now, the iron gray is easily spotted in the clearing at the base of a large Kapok tree. They are her own sort of Amazonian headdress that she will eventually need to give away, just like she gave away her wings. You cannot be an army of one, the fairy had said, and Lagertha is doing her best to remember that by planning to surround herself with smart advisors and strong leaders. If anyone could produce strong leaders, it was the Jungle.

The new Khaleesi is calm and relaxed as she waits for the them to arrive; hopefully it won’t take long, as they should be expecting a kingdom meeting soon after their return. But there are those sisters who live deep in the dark depths of the jungle, who may still be unaware of the recent changes. And so she waits, beckoning Rhy to stand at her side while they assemble. Her dark eyes scan over those to answer the call, greeting each with a simple nod and their name, if she knows them. Lagertha even eventually sees the flashing golden eyes of the Jungle spirit, before the sleek, black cat shows its slinky self. The corner of her lips turn up in a small smile - it is a good omen.

Finally, she can begin. “Alright, let’s keep this short and sweet, shall we? For those of you who do not know, Scorch fell ill and stepped down, naming me as her replacement. If you object to this, you may speak to me later about your concerns without fear of repercussions.” Lagertha is fully aware that she isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and with the changes that she wants to make, there will undoubtedly be some who will protest. With only a brief pause for anyone bold enough to say anything out loud (once, that had been her. She would welcome another with a loud enough mouth to say anything, honestly, and the challenge they would face). And then she continues. “First things first, we will no longer have brothers. Any stallions who wish to stay in the Jungle are welcome to, but they will be designated residents, and without any voting rights, though they will be expected to defend us, should an attack ever come. So if manservants are your thing, go for it.”

Lagertha, herself, has never had a real lover. But a manservant… now that might be the way to go…

“Promotions. Rhy will be my Erinak, though I’m sure that is no surprise to anyone. Lyris is receiving a promotion to Lajaki, for her challenges and steals. We need a new General and another member of the Air Force, so if you think you’d like some wings, speak up. I will be watching activity, and I promise that f you make the effort, it will not go unrewarded. Also, if you’re looking to mock, I’m always around.” Lagertha does not ask anyone to do anything that she, herself, has not done. Lagertha then looks to the gold and white mare beside her, saying, “All our alliances are re-set at this point, until otherwise noted. I am not looking to be friends with everyone, and to tell the truth, I would love to be able to raid some point soon. Rhy, I’ll let you handle the diplomats and I will tag along wherever needed… “ She chuckles, because like they said earlier, she hates pretty words and extended negotiations. It should be wham, bam, thank you ma’am. In and out. “Oh, and Prague and Tantalize, please see me after the meeting” She finds the two of them in the crowd and nods to each of them, respectively. They had other important matters to discuss.

”We need to make ourselves a powerful kingdom again. You’ve heard it all before, but I ask you to recruit, challenge, and steal. Step on toes, as long as it’s within reason, ruffle some feathers! Remind Beqanna who we are!” From behind Lagertha, the jaguar screams its assent. They would face whatever came, and they would survive, and they would conquer, as long as they stuck together. After her attempt to steal the Chamber’s Lord and head diplomat, and then Joscelin’s successful steal, the Chamber is bound to be a little agitated. But that’s the name of the game, isn’t it? The Sisterhood is strong, and Lagertha aims to make it even stronger, but the only way to do so is by flexing their muscles.

“And one final thing - If you haven’t taken an oath to the Sisterhood and want to do so, step forward, and be welcome.”  

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian khaleesi

[I've redone the ranks a little bit, so check them out, please. Also, remember you can play the jungle spirit for your characters as well. If you have any questions, speak up IC or shoot me a PM Smile Also if you have plot ideas... let me know! ]

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye.

She hears the call clearly as it echoes through the jungle. Small head lifting, she glances in the direction the call had come from. She is coming to recognize that voice. Turning, she moves towards today’s selected meeting place. She is one of the first to arrive, which is unsurprising. She had been close. Having spent many of the days since her arrival exploring the vast expanse that is the jungle, she knows just how large and convoluted it is. Traveling any distance is not nearly as simple here as it had been in the Dale.

The Khaleesi stands beneath a large tree, quietly observing those who arrive. Joscelin surveys her surroundings, her gaze landing upon a jaguar that nearly blends with the shadows. Oddly, she is not startled by the presence of the large cat, but rather somehow… comforted. It is meant to be here.

Once all have arrived, Lagertha begins speaking, addressing recent events first before continuing on to the changes that would be made within the Amazons’ hierarchy. Joscelin remains quiet throughout, golden gaze fixed upon the gray woman. She has no objections to the changes made, and so feels no need to add unnecessary input. When the woman mentions the airforce however, Joscelin does put herself forth as a candidate.

I would be willing to join the airforce, though I have no need of the wings. That is, if we can have more than two members. The wings should be given to someone who might actually need them.

She is quite willing to participate in whatever plans Lagertha might have. She has found she rather enjoys engaging in battle. Her recent fight had been an invigorating experience. She would not be averse to further challenges. So when the Khaleesi asks for those who would like to take the oath, Joscelin steps forward.

I will take the oath.

Joscelin

Tiphon x Elysteria

html c insane | picture c mikanicole.deviantart.com

tantalize

infinity overhead

and i whisper, are you listening?

It’s been a few days since she returned from the Falls. Since then, she had plenty of things to keep her mind occupied. Stealing her niece out from under the nose of her brother had kept her  most occupied. Her heart went out to the little girl, torn away from all she had known. She had obviously loved both her parents, surprisingly. It was taking some time for her to adjust here without them. It also reminded her of Vi, the child Scorch hadn’t lost. She remembered the way the child had snuggled to her side before remembering that she was not her mother. She wonders if they are safe, if the lost twin had been found.

The call from the newly crowned Khaleesi is not unexpected. She assumes they would be meeting sooner than later after the recent chaos. Having been a bit deeper in the jungle, it takes her a little longer to reach the gathering. Golden eyes take them in as she settles herself a little on the outskirts of the group. Feathered wings remain tightly closed to her sides, still useless things when it came to flight but she was becoming more use to them with every day. She aches for the feeling of wind beneath her wings and was waiting to see if Lyris would assist her. If not, she would have to seek out another worthy teacher.

Briefly her gaze lands on the gold and white mare at Lagertha’s side. Rembering her from the Falls who had not been pleased with how many had come. Liz didn’t see it that way, especially with the recent increase of steals and challenges. There was safety in numbers and an increase of members showed a united front. But she was just a fallen Queen and so she said nothing. Russet ears swivel forwards as she catches what’s being said. An approving nod given as Lagertha mentions the change in regarding to male residents. Now that was more like the Amazons she remembered and once ruled. Manservents. Yes… Just like the good old days. She takes note of the gold and white mare’s name now, Rhy, who is Lagertha’s right hand. Not knowing much of the other she has nothing to base any opinion but the other sisters seem happy about it and so it bothers her not. Her wings ruffle slightly at the mention of the Air Force, not quite feeling worthy of being a part of it when she still had no idea how to use these damn thing.

She also takes note of the reset in Alliances and although she doesn’t mind this idea, her golden eyes narrow slightly as Lagertha announces almost casually how much she wants to raid. Although the jungle is loud and they are usually on top of intruders, you never know who or what is listening. It is better to be cautious about such plans so they aren’t heard by the wrong person. Liz is certain that the Amazons has a target on their back now that they had stirred up some drama with the Chamber. They were not ready for an attack, not yet, and she has a feeling the whiplash is going to come sooner than later. They need to prepare, quickly. Mulling all this over, she snaps back to attention as her name is mentioned. An acknowledging bow of her head is given in response, letting her know that she has heard and will do so as soon as the meeting has adjourned. She can’t help but smile faintly at Lagertha’s enthusiasm and the ambition in her voice. It reminds her of herself… When she had first taken the crown. Yes, their visions of a perfect sisterhood weren’t far off. The jaguar mare has complete faith in the new Khaleesi and from the looks of the jungle spirit which roars lustily behind her, the land itself does too.  

Also Liz will visit the Valley in regards to Rhy's post below since she's already met Demian ;p

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

She has come a long way from the scared girl who stumbled her way into the Jungle so many years ago. The Jungle too has come a long way. Rhy remembers standing on the border of the Jungle for a day, no one ever finding her. She finally gave up and simply plowed her way into the dark, dense kingdom with no idea what she was doing, with very little idea of how to control the electric in her veins. Perhaps, in a very basic way, she was not so different. She plowed ahead without much fear, but then again, Rhy has little to fear. She is electric, she is a lion, and she is already dead.

She slips into the meeting early on, knowing that this is coming and what will be said. Though she is somewhat surprised when Lagertha nods her forward, and it feels strange to be standing facing the kingdom, rather than facing her Queen. She’s never sought the crown, just the best for the Jungle, whatever that might mean. And she’s almost a little shocked to be here, but still, it’s no so different from leading the peace caste. Mostly.

Lagertha speaks and so far, there’s little dissent. Even from Rhy, who once upon a time wouldn’t have dreamed of manservants. But once upon a time, she wouldn’t have slashed her claws across someone’s chest and enjoyed the warm blood that flowed from the small cuts. Once upon a time, she wouldn’t have thought herself capable of killing the monsters at the end of the world either. Now, after all the things she has lived through, manservants feels vaguely appropriate.

She is not quite as a gun-ho as Lagertha about running straight into a raid, but she’s able to accept the attitude. They were warrior women, after all, even if Rhy preferred peace to war. Still, peace never lasts forever. When Lagertha is done, Rhy figures she might as well stick in her piece. “Peace caste, we need to let Beqanna know of the change in leadershipd. I’d like each of you to head to a kingdom and inform them of our new queen. No more than two horses per kingdom. Please let me know where you are going, and see what information you can find out while you are there.” Knowledge was power, after all.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

The ebb and flow of Jungle sisters, young and old, is constant and shifting. For what could only be eternities, Aoi has slept safely in the arms of her mother Jungle. But, she has been awoken. She has been called from her cradle of vines, and bed of leaves, to serve again. She feel rejuvenated. She feels powerful. When she hears the call of the new Khaleesi, she comes. She is not surprised to see that the gray mare that had greeted her upon her awakening is she who has called the meeting together. Lagertha’s very essence screams that she is a leader. Aoi offers a nod of acknowledgment as she settles amongst the rest of the sisters.

She listens closely to the words spoken, and she feels as though life is being breathed into her lungs even more so than before. The roar of the jungle spirit reverberates through her chest, and rattles against her ribs. Aoi rears and snorts enthusiastically, mismatched eyes gleaming against feeble light. Lagertha invites those who have not yet taken the oath of sisterhood to step forward, and Aoi does so.

“I will take the oath.” She says, with a humble bow of her head, before resuming her proud stance. It is high time that she renew her vows to the Jungle. Aoi meets the yellow gaze of the Jungle Spirit with new resolve.

Rhy speaks to the members of the Peace caste, and Aoi listens. She has never delved into the world of diplomacy. She has always aspired to be a warrior, and nothing else. But, perhaps there is room for a small change.

“I have always prefered war to words, but I’d like to accompany someone to visit other kingdoms.” Aoi says, glancing through the group of sisters. “Perhaps, there is something I could stand to gain though such an experience.” It has been such a long time since Aoi has left the Jungle.  

A O I

aloysius x cybele
    Like most of the sisters, she’s not exactly surprised when Lagertha calls them to a meeting.  A new rule has begun, and so it’s time to lay down the new law and set the stage for the new regime and the kingdom’s policies for years to come.

Lyris does not dawdle in heeding the call, and is quick to join the gathering of sisters.  She settles in, ears forward, eager to hear Lagertha speak.  She’s interested in hearing what the new Khaleesi’s plans for the kingdom will be.  And she’s not disappointed.

She’s quite interested in Lagertha’s first announcement, that stallions will no longer be considered ‘brothers,’ and will once again be downgraded to manservants.  It’s a choice that makes sense to her.  The ‘brothers’ had been brought in under ... someone.  Scorch maybe?  But the Amazons have always been and will always been, a kingdom of mares.  Stallions are welcome to stay, but they should not get a say in the running of the kingdom.  Just as mares would never have a say in the running of the Tundra.

Lagertha’s next step is to announce promotions and Lyris grins when her own name is called.  Second rank in the army, not bad.  But she wants more.  General Lyris does have a nice ring to it after all.  “I’d like to throw my name in the running for General.”  She eyes Lagertha, watching for the mare’s reaction.  Hopefully the Khaleesi isn’t overly opposed to the idea, not that she should have any reason to be.  “What are your requirements?”

After Lagertha has given her answer, she turns to look at the army members that she can see.  “And I’m always up for a mock if anyone’s interested.”  She hopes someone is, she’s itching to test the abilities of their soldiers.  “And if you want wings, speak up.  I’d like to get rid of these yesterday.”  She flairs her wings dramatically.  The damn things are still so itchy.

Her grin widens further when Lagertha announces open season on the other kingdoms, and even suggests a possible future raid.  Things are clearly getting interesting.  “Any particular kingdom you have in mind?”  It would be nice to to some reconnaissance beforehand.

Lagertha ends the meeting with the usual encouragement to get active, and with a call for the sisters that haven’t sworn the oath to step forward.

She’s about to step away when Rhy, leader of the diplomats steps forward with an assignment.  She sighs quietly.  It’s her own damn fault for joining both castes.  She considers for a moment.  It’d be more interesting to visit one of the more active kingdoms.  She’d rather avoid the Valley (she hasn’t heard anything of her father in years, but she’d rather not take that chance), and the Desert sand doesn’t seem particularly enticing.  The Chamber is the only more active one left.  “I’ll take the Chamber.  Anyone comin’ with me?”
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com
    So, her first kingdom meeting hadn’t exactly gone the way as planned. She’d walked into a group of women panicking over their dying former Khaleesi and had promptly been ignored. She doesn’t blame them; they were moving as one, all of them working to make sure Scorch made it safely to the Falls to be healed. She admires their determination and their ability to work towards a common goal. Whether or not the bald mare had made it, Tessie doesn’t know. It was not her place to go with them because she is not yet truly a sister. She did not want to step on any toes by accompanying them to the healing waters of the Falls.

This time, when she hears Lagertha’s call, she does not hesitate for a moment. She strikes out towards the meeting grounds of the Jungle and joins the sisters—and other brand new initiates like herself—who have already gathered. Lagertha speaks of a new beginning for the Amazonian women, abolishing their former allegiances and rivalries. She also speaks of a future raid and Tessla’s throat tightens, but she knows better than to speak against the idea. Some of them are thirsty for war and Tessla will not fault them for that, but she has no taste for it. Let them go to war. Beqanna has been far too quiet for far too long.

Her ears prick as the Khaleesi speaks of the newcomers, welcoming them forward, but Tessla is not the first to speak up. The first is a mare close to where Tessla is standing, pledging herself to the war caste. Tessla takes a step forward once Aoi falls silent, meeting Lagertha’s gaze as she does. “My name is Tessla,” she says, and silently hopes that no one recognizes her name from Quark’s time. Rhy hadn’t, at least, but there may be some who remember Quark’s little sister. She just wants to be Tessla here, not the girl who lost her mother too soon. “I would like to swear my oath to the Amazons and the diplomatic caste. I am no fighter, but know that I would give my life to protect the Jungle.”

She pauses, glancing at Lyris as she volunteers to visit the Chamber. “Am I correct in assuming you only want to befriend the strongest of the kingdoms?” she asks, head tilting slightly to the side as she looks back at Lagertha. “I would be willing to travel to the Chamber as well.”
    The last few years in the Amazons had been a shaky ground, always threatening to have another upheaval. Most of it did not directly involve the Amazons, at least not in a way that put them at fault. The changes in the magic in Beqanna? The untimely step down of Scorch, her children? Sunday still mulled over the possibilities, why the two heart beats became one?

Why why why.

But Lagertha is a strong leader because she does not hesitate to lead. She's assigning positions. She's arranging a kingdom that would fall into disarray if left to its own devices. Sunday listens attentively, only speaking when she felt it was her turn.

"I'll take you up on that mock, Lyris. I'm afraid I know nothing about battle, so perhaps a few pointers would benefit me?" She's surprised by these words - her? war? The thought it as funny as it is strange.

"I'll take any kingdoms left over," she tells Rhy.
    SUNDAY
    the amazons magickal mare

AND THE MOME RATHS OUTGRABE

Sarkis had made a point to keep to herself since returning from the Falls. A task that was easier said than done, especially for her. How she had managed, she wasn’t really sure.

This time when she hears the call she is not afraid. She knows why her mother no longer leads the sisters, and she knows who now does. Slipping from a hidey-hole of vines and leafy greens she makes her way to the gathering. Not too quickly, but she wouldn’t be the last to arrive either.

It was an odd adjustment all these new feelings that found her. She was normally an outgoing, talkative, bubbly young thing, but since her mother fell ill it didn’t seem right to be so happy about life. She files in amongst the others, head down as to avoid too much attention. The young girl still wasn’t sure about all the changes, didn’t know where exactly she fit in anymore. She listens and though their new leader says the speech will be short and sweet, it seems there is much to hear regardless.

No more brothers. The statement catches in her throat, her father, her brothers. To place them all beneath them, as servants no less? Her ears fell flat across her head as the sullen news registered. The next bit about promotions does not concern her, but she is glad anyways that Rhy is still around and receives one. Finally the talk turns to taking the oath, of pledging yourself to the Jungle. That much Sarkis could do, it would make her Mother proud she thinks.

She steps forward, making a path through the crowded meeting, until she is more towards the front. ”I will take the oath as well.” She doesn't select a caste, not yet anyways, she is young and there is time. After all she was born of the Jungle, that had to count for something didnt it?

i was filled with poison,
    but blessed with beauty and rage

It is no shock to the silver lioness when Lagertha speaks, especially of a raid in the near future. If Prague had been a more curious magician she would have known this for certain before it was spoke but she likes for people to think she doesn't know. The less you openly practice magic, the better you are at concealment. Lagertha didn't keep her wishes or aspirations a secret, she admired that about the mare.

The silver lioness wonders why she wants her and Tantalize to stay back, she has an inkling but perhaps it was scolding for helping. Prague would help anyone she could that lived among them but outsiders were on their own. Prague already had a few ideas to help their cause or Lagertha's cause. Ranks don't mean much to Prague - once you've been one, you've been them all. Still yet, she wants to gain trust of sisters that do not know her. "I've been a general or a synonym of the word a time or two, if you need contestants I'll play," she says, looking to Sunday who speaks about wanting some training - it was really vital that all of them knew some basics if for some reason we were under an attack. "I can assist with air force as well but wings are necessary as a gift," she says with a grin, she's always been influenced by those around her and although it's not madness yet...she isn't sure that madness isn't on the horizon.

"I've been pledged for over a hundred years to this jungle but to no other Queen since Nativity - I pledge to you, Lagertha," she says, almost in a subservient tone which is quite unlike the mare (in a stable mind) as a toothy grin appears. There was work to be done, sweat to perspire and blood to shed. "I'll be here when you and Tantalize are ready," and with that she slowly evaporates into the jungle. Lagertha knew when to call upon her.

p r a g u e
    magical mare of the amazons