• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will face god and walk backward into hell; round I (closed)

i love the way that your heart breaks
    with every injustice and deadly fate

He comes for him. The black colt doesn’t know who He is at first, but he will find out soon enough. He knows barely anything at all. He is still as stupid now as he was then. He doesn’t know that He had found him because of her. Cordis. Her name rings in his mind, a sweet and terrible memory of longing and agony. She had led Him here. Inadvertently, of course. But nevertheless she had.

He has recovered from her lightning well enough. His youth works for him in that respect. But he still bears scars upon his side, scars where the wild bolts had scorched his hide, burned shapeless brands into his skin. The hair had grown back, but now it is white instead of black. It stands out starkly against his dark pelt. In a few years, it would blend in with his already fading coat, but for now it serves as a constant reminder of that day.

Somehow He knows. He knows all about her, about that day. The scraggly colt doesn’t question how. Why doesn’t he question it? He should. He is such a witless pawn, longing for the beautiful anguish that he has learned to love. Or rather, been born to love. And so he follows Him. He doesn’t know yet the fate that awaits him at His hooves, but soon enough he will. And he is excited. At least, as excited as he gets. He is much the same as he had been before, dull gray eyes and unkempt mane and tail. His coat had lost its tattered appearance when he lost his baby-fine fur, but he is still lean and leggy. He has grown further, his height promising to be impressive. All the more canvas for Him to work with.

He makes promises, and like a fool Raelynx follows. He follows like the blind idiot he is. How could he not? Such promises He has made. He might not even be lying. The gangly colt will only ever find out by following. And so he does.

It feels like they have been traveling for ages and yet it is only the blink of an eye. And suddenly he is there. He doesn’t know how. And like the witling that he is, he does not question it. He is in His lair, a lamb to slaughter so willingly led.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

html c insane | picture c naelii.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will face god and walk backward into hell; round I - by Raelynx - 09-14-2015, 04:19 PM