• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i wish you'd hold me when i turn my back - anyone
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

The precipice on which Beqanna balances so perfectly seems to be getting narrower.

Errant has never been as omnipresent as he could be, but perhaps it is time to abandon the last remnant of his own self in favor of being a better king. He has already learned to heal despite the toll it takes; why should he not ensure that the Tundra has every possible advantage? The kingdoms around them are shifting; perhaps it is time that the Tundra do the same.

He would have sought out Crito were not his brother even know meeting Straia, and as Errant makes his way through the hock-high summer grass of the Tundra he is half listening to the conversation a hundred miles away. He’d seen Hurricane heading toward the battlegrounds a few hours past, and the feeling of pride from that sight hasn’t yet dimmed. Let the rest of the kingdoms wait out the sentences of their captured members; the Tundra demands they be returned.

The caw of a crow startles the black stallion from his pensive thoughts, and he turns his grey gaze to where the bird perches on a rocky outcropping. It caws once more before taking off. Errant watches its flight for a few moments, and when his attention turns back to the earth he’s grown his own pair of wings. As grey as his eyes, with a few black and white pinions. They’re not as impressive as Brennen’s massive wings, but they’ll carry him in flight if he is ever so inclined.

The Tundra around him is quiet, but not empty, and the black stallion is sure that he’ll find someone else shortly.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

Kida skips around the Tundra, exploring, for the first time, completely on her own. After much badgering, her mother has finally agreed to let her go off on her own, so long as she stays within the confines of the kingdom, and away from the ice flows where the polar bears like to stay.

She’s enjoying herself so far - the autumn weather hasn’t grown too cold yet, and she’s spent the morning traipsing around the old shrine. There’ve been a lot of animals out about throughout the shrine today, much to her excitement. She’s especially enjoyed watching the arctic hares bounding about on the thin snow layer. She hasn’t gone in the cave itself though of course, she’s been well warned by her mother that it wouldn’t be a good idea.

She’s well tired out now though and considering returning to her mother’s side, when her little grey eye spots a familiar figure standing out against the flat tundra landscape. “Daaaaaddyyyyyy!” With renewed energy, Kida bounds over to her father. She hasn't seen the stallion in a little while since he’s been busy with kingdom work, not that she knows much about that.

“Hey Daddy!” She nuzzles up into his side, grinning widely. Her butt wiggles in pure excitement. “Watcha doin’?”

kida

little winter princess