• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pick apart the pieces you left | Lagertha, Prague

tantalize

infinity overhead

and i whisper, are you listening?

Once the meeting has ended and they all go their separate ways, she stays behind as was Lagertha’s request. She wonders what the Khaleesi needs to speak to her about. Maybe it has to do with these new wings of hers that she’s still adjusting to. Having sought out Lyris for training, she has high hopes that she will master the art of flight soon. A dip of her muzzle as she acknowledges the horned mare. ”Khaleesi” Golden eyes focused on hers as she settles before her. ”Regarding Rhy’s request, I’ll head to the Valley. I’ve met their new King before, should be an interesting visit.” A faint smile as she remembers the glowing jaguar man with large feathery wings. She wonders what he will make of her own wings now? She would make sure to give the Chamber a wide berth. They both know why.

She would set out for the Valley once she had finished here. Which reminds her… ”But you wanted to speak to me?” Maybe it had to do with the Chamber, there was plenty to discuss there. But why would she want to talk to Prague as well then? Perhaps because the older mare had her magic, perhaps this was a strategic meeting. Well she would find out soon, wouldn’t she?
    If there were already reprimands to be doled out, her reign would be off to a poor start indeed. No, she has faith in the jaguar printed mare, though she’s only known Liz for a while.  Lagertha nods her head in assent. “Sounds good to me. I didn’t know they had a new King…” She also doesn’t know that it won’t  be long before Lagertha, too, meets him in the Meadow. So much has happened so quickly that Lagertha has really only been able to focus on the Jungle, pushing everything about the other kingdoms to the side. Diplomacy has never been her strong suit, and she doesn’t pretend that it is.

Maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe it’s time for a serious change.

“I won’t keep you long, Liz. How would you feel  about filling either the Bloodrider or Advisor position? You are active and conscientious and have ruled before, and I need someone like that to help make decisions if need be. There is a small difference between the titles. Bloodrider is more Army oriented, and sworn to protect the Jungle no matter what. The Advisor would simply be an advisor. It is up to you regarding how much responsibility you’d like to take on. “ Then Lagertha falls silent, watching Liz’s face with a calm intensity. If she said no, it would be perfectly fine too. Right now, she simply thinks Liz is one of the best options for the position.

The gray mare also keeps an eye and ear out for Prague, wanting to ask her the same thing. With a warrior Queen, two former Khaleesi’s and Rhy… what could possibly go wrong?

tantalize

infinity overhead

and i whisper, are you listening?

She wasn’t expecting Lagertha to want to put her in such a position but she’s not surprised by it either. Had she not done the same thing when she had been Khaleesi? She had carefully picked her Bloodriders due to experience. Two had called the Amazons home longer than she had and of course Nativity had ruled and been a countless source of information and advice. It just made sense. The only difference was that in her time Bloodrider and Advisor had served as one and the same. However, separating the two gave more room for surrounding yourself with wisdom and loyalty. A smart move on the new Khaleesi’s part. ”I would probably best serve you as a Bloodrider.” She pauses, golden eyes considering the horned woman before her. ”I owe the jungle for what I’ve done in the past and what it has given me and I would best serve to you and it in that position.” Another pause, hesitation lingering on her parted lips. ”However I am happy to advise you however you wish and will willingly do so. You are headstrong Lagertha and remind me much of myself back in the days I ruled. If I can help you from making the same mistakes I did, I will.”