• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

suggestion
    I'm posting this on the main board so other people can weigh in as well Smile

while the main header image for this version is lovely, it's also very large. It makes writing pretend horses while pretending to run data analysis that much harder to do. The 'excel' version is a fantastic solution, but it's missing some of the neater things about the full version (different icons for read/unread is coming to mind).

What if for the next version we had both an imageless and a 'normal' layout, but otherwise they are codes identically and match in theme/color/etc?
    where can i find this 'excel' version?
    Lagertha & Wessex
    If this is something people want, it'll take all of about 10 minutes to make it. Removing the logo from a version is super easy. I'd probably leave all the colors and other features though.

Alternatively, I could put the icons/flowers back into the excel version and leave everything else out. I could also put HTML images back into the excel version.

If there's a general consensus about what would be the best for everyone, I can make one version that everyone likes. Or two slightly different versions. I draw the line at two different versions.

Sarah: Board Style: There is a plain version of Beqanna. This is a bare bones, white and black version of Beqanna for those of you who would like to hide the fake pony love. To access this version, go to the User CP --> Edit Options, and locate the "Other Options" section on the board. There will be a dropdown menu under "Board Style". Choose the "BQExcel" version. In this version, please note that most images are not displayed, which means that HTML will display incorrectly.

(I spent lots of time putting cool board feature directions in the rules as well - worth a quick read through).
    I like the idea of adding the flowers and icons back into the excel version. It would make it infinitely easier seeing where the new posts are. As far as images in the post layouts, since half the layouts seem to have bg images that don't get removed anyway, they may as well go back in if it's simple enough. That would also help keep the layouts from getting all wonky and occasionally unreadable.
    Eeer I think it might be best to keep out the images in the post layouts. Because while I do appreciate Eight, it's a little difficult to explain his html to anyone who accidentally ends up seeing it. Wink