• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit- lyris

gaza

He’s not the only one that could use something to do; Gaza is just bored out of his mind. He’s run out of self amusing things to do. If this is adulthood, and always needing something to do… well it effing sucks. The Desert is too quiet, and it gives him the creeps. All that empty space and sand, and no one to fill it. Well, he supposes they’re out there, somewhere. But the Desert is so vast and wide, it could easily swallow a pony up and spit them back out again, years later, as long as they knew where the water was.

It’s kind of a sobering thought. A driving thought - pushing Gaza out of the Desert and towards companionship. Again. Whatever happened to Eld and whatever child they made? It’s his first, he’s naturally curious. I mean the act itself seemed to come to him naturally enough, right? But the after part was probably a little awkward as they parted ways… and he hasn’t seen her since. Gaza doesn’t really know what he’s supposed to do in this situation, but Yael is being obnoxious and wants to meet her grandchild. Gaza should start being a good parent and get on that… so out of the Desert he goes.

The Meadow is growing crowded again, as the weather cools and being back out in the open is comfortable again. He no longer has to linger beneath trees to simply keep from passing out in the heat. The dark, glossy (because a man shouldn’t be shiny) stallion may look like his sire, but he doesn’t have the noble, warrior spirit that made Vanquish so beloved. He is the last son, and one in a trio; unless they were chasing camels, he fell into the background and against his magical mother’s side. No one here knows him, no one knows the legacy he is supposed to uphold and all the pressure he puts on his immortal shoulders. Gaza has all the time in the world to grow up, and so he doesn’t. He’s ok with that, and no one’s really (in so many words) told him to do so otherwise. So Gaza flirts and he lazes and works when he feels like it. If it weren’t for his once-royal bloodlines, he’d be a nobody.

Let’s rephrase that. He is a nobody. But maybe it is that exact same carefree nature and boyish attitude that is so attractive.

vanquish x yael

Well hasn’t she been all adulty and responsible lately. She’s done a challenge, some mocks, a steal, a kingdom visit, gotten a promotion … she’s almost looking respectable!

She really ought to do something about that.

The grullo mare waltzes into the meadow, a smile on her face and a prance in her step. The autumn sun is shining bright and warm overhead. She’s in a good mood today … and she kind of feels like doing something a little mischievous. Bothering someone in some way, perhaps - giving them their own personal raincloud, or some such. That could be fun.

She’s eyeing the gathered horses, looking for someone to pick on, when she spots someone she actually recognizes. Her eyes widen in surprise, and a smile instantly appears on her face. She could see a whole other sort of fun happening here - not the fun she’d been planning on, but even better, potentially.

“Heyyyy Desert boy!” She prances up to the large black stallion with a huge grin on her face. “Long time no see!” It’s well over a year since she last ran in to Gaza, but the massive stallion hasn’t changed one bit. Well, appearance-wise anyway. She obviously can’t know anything about his mental state. And his appearance is fiiine.

“So what’ve you been up to handsome?” She sidles up beside him, and lazily trails her muzzle along his neck. Screw pranks, she could really do with some good, old-fashioned flirting.

Just so long as it doesn’t lead to anything else of course. She doesn’t particularly want to end up like Scorch.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

I don't even know what she's doing here, haha. She's going to be so miffed.

gaza

After a period of concentrated searching, Gaza comes to the conclusion that Eld is not in the Meadow. Hmmm… he’s actually about to turn and leave the festive fall wonderland when a somewhat familiar voices calls out - not with his name, of course, but he still turns around anyway.

It was the fiesty little weather chick from a while ago! Gaza immediately starts to grin, remembering their last interaction under the tree. He had surprised both her and himself that day with what he likes to think of as uncharacteristic boldness. Maybe Lyris is just what he needs… a powerful woman to kick his large, but firm black ass into gear. Gaza meets her a quarter of the way, the corner of his mouth tilting upward in the tiniest of smirks. Which is tiny, for him. “Weather girl!” he calls her, and then adds impishly, “Oh, you know, a little bit of this and a little bit of that… dreaming about snow in the summertime.” He throws her a wink.

Gaze is only half joking, of course. Oh, to have a woman who could do that for him every now and then… he would treat her like a goddamn empress. “What about you, gorgeous? How much trouble have you been causing?”  Gaza whuffles into the crown of her head, lipping gently at strands of her pretty white and gray mane

vanquish x yael

eeek, i don't know what this is. blech. 
    She almost giggles at the instant grin on his face. Clearly he’s not the only one that made an impression during their last meeting. And apparently he’s in the mood for a little trouble today as well. Excellent.

“Ah well, lucky you!” Her grin widens even more. “I could help you with that …” She throws a glance at the sky, pulling in a few clouds overhead, before returning her gaze to Gaza. She doesn’t pull out the snow quite yet of course - he’s going to have to work for that. “… for a price of course.” She gives him an exaggerated wink. God what is it about him that just turns her into an complete cheesy fool?

She can’t help but lean into his touch when he lips at her mane. She enjoys this, really. Good old-fashioned flirting, with no strings attached. No worries about ‘love’ and ‘relationships’ here, thank god. Just companionship and fun.

“Oh you know, a few lightning strikes here, a few snow storms there …” It’s not entirely untruthful either - she certainly pulled out a few lightning strikes and some wind storms during her mocks against Lagertha and Tyrna. The snow she’s only actually brought out for Gaza himself. “Lately I’ve been considering a trip to the Desert …”

She turns her head into him, lipping gently at his neck. “What brings you to the meadow today? Figured out your new home yet?” She could offer him a place in the Jungle, she could enjoy having him as a manservant in the Jungle she thinks … but he probably wouldn’t enjoy the muggy heat. Not to mention, that might be too many strings - she wouldn’t want him to start thinking about the whole family and kids deal. Ugh. Watching Scorch give birth has definitely put her off of that.
    Lyris

gaza

There is nothing like having a partner in crime; once he’d had two, but they left and never looked back. For awhile, he had that with Drow, as they played in the pond, and now he finds he has the feisty Lyris. Eld and Wichita are quiet and shy - beautiful - but quiet and shy. He becomes more… mature around them, if that is at all possible. With Lyris, he stays the same. He can be the man-boy as they flirt and jest like two quick-witted college kids.

“Hmmm…” he muses - what could he offer her that she didn’t already have? Nothing too serious, of course. They don’t play that game. “How about a leg and a half - and might I point out that they are very meaty legs, worth a fortune on the black market - and let’s say… a fifth of my immortal soul? Not as valuable as the legs, but also not a total rip off.” When he finally closes his mouth, he trails it along her spine, taking a step to follow it toward the round, muscular curve of her haunches.

Gaza snorts softly. “Whatever for? Got an itch to get sand in some sensitive places?” Oh, it’s classic deflection. The Desert is dead and he’s ashamed that he’s all but abandoned it, leaving his Ima to the ghost of his father, and for the Queens to sort it all out themselves. In that moment, he knows he isn’t a part of the kingdom. Not anymore. You see, sometimes it just takes talking it out to decide a solid plan. Ugh, why wasn’t Lyris around more often? “Not quite. I’m leaning towards the Falls or the Gates. I’ve heard they need a few good men. Not sure if that applies to me, but…” he trails off and chuckles. “I’ll tell you where I end up so you can come and visit. Unless stallions are all of a sudden welcome in the Jungle.”

Gaza gently nips at the top of  her hips, sighing heavily in the back of his throat. Oof. He wants her. But he won’t move without some sort of sign. No way in hell was he going to piss off an amazon warrior AND the bringer of cool air. That’s just dumb.

vanquish x yael

[sorry this took so long :/ ]
    Most likely her sisters would be amused if they saw her now. Normally Lyris is, well, rather crotchety. She’s bullheaded, opinionated and quick to anger - never a good diplomat, and definitely never one for romance. But Gaza has turned her into the horsey equivalent of giggling (if slightly sassy) school girl.

“Hmm I don’t know … you might have to sweeten the pot …” She grins and turns away, pretending to be losing interest, though she knows he won’t buy it. He’s got her, hook line and sinker - she knows it, and she’s sure he knows it. Somehow, she doesn’t mind.

Not that she won’t make him work for it first.

“An itch perhaps … but not for sand …” She winks, but her voice takes on a (very) slightly serious tone when he mentions the Gates. “The Gates might be a good place to start. I visited them recently, and though they wouldn’t admit it, I could tell they’d had a little trouble.” She doesn’t particularly care about the Gates one way or another, but a kingdom in trouble is always in need of a ‘few good men.’ “Though the Falls would be lucky to have you as well …”

She chuckles wryly when he mentions the Jungle. “Not unless you’re willing to become a manservant.” Which, of course, she doubts. But she does hope he follows up on the promise to tell her where he settles. She wouldn’t mind a visit or two …

He nibbles at her hips and she leans in to the touch. She resists for but a moment … but then she gives in. She turns, turning her hips toward him, glancing at him over her shoulder with tiny smirk. Why not? What’s she really got to lose?
    Lyris

Sorry for the wait D: