• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And so the fire dies
    It's so good to see you again, my shit-disturbing, bullheaded, firecracker friend. You really did take your sweet time getting here, for which I may never forgive you; but whatever this existence is, I'm happy that you're in it with me. Just like old times, right?
    Welcome to eternity, Scorch. I've missed you.
    You know very well why I disliked you, and you also know perfectly well that is your own fault. Even in death, you still can't take responsibility. Typical.

I'm not glad that you're dead, but I'm not sad either. Which I suppose is typical for me, too. Don't worry, the Jungle is in good hands.
    Well, I'm certainly not happy that you're dead. I've been as awful a daughter as you two have been parents; aloof and relentless in my attempts to cut you completely out of my life. But I did birth you four grandchildren, so you're welcome for that. Maybe one day we'll have the face-to-face moment we deserve; Nihlus does happen to listen to me more than I did you. In the end though, mother and daddy, I love you both. Rest in peace.
    You are perhaps the bravest soul I have ever known and potentially the most understood. But I understood you. We were kindred spirits, and I truly loved the time that we spent together. I could not have asked for a better Bloodrider, sister, or friend. I am so terribly sorry that I failed you at the end, but I am grateful that you were strong enough to rise above my weakness to lead the Jungle well. She deserved you as a Queen, and my only regret in passing along the torch to you is that I was not there to witness you wearing the crown. 

I wish you well, Scorch, and I hope that you find peace. May our paths cross again in the afterlife.
    Scorch,

I regret that we will never again have a chance to match wits. The world will surely be bleaker for this loss.

Rest easy.

-Brennen