• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Feeling a little strange - any
    #Not a shameless whoring post. Just a young girl that is confused and a stranger in her own body.

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

There was only one way that could describe how the blue girl currently felt. High. Ecstatic. Her body didn’t feel like her own at all, with some senses highlighted while other fell numb. Without fully realising what she did, Felinae lets out a loud, shrill whinny. Her own actions surprised her, making her feel like a stranger in her own body. Little did she know that this would be a regular thing, something that would happen over again until her the fertile period of her life would be over. Yes, that’s correct. She was found herself, for the first time in her life, in heat.

The cobalt blue roan girl trotted nervously through the meadow, she held her head high and her dark blue tail was lifted up. With every step she took it swayed with her movements. Right. Left. Right. Left. Right. Eyeing the area around her she desperately looks for others of her kind, constantly whinnying and snorting. Felinae’s nostrils stood wide open, making sure she wouldn’t miss a scent that could tell her somebody was near.

And there it was. Another shrill whinny sounded as she propelled herself forward in an energetic trot, head and tail still lifted proudly in the air. Once she spots the stranger her ears point forward, an relieved and joyful smile spread across her lips. As a greeting she let out a sort of murmured whinny, while her curvy neck reached out into the direction of the stranger.

[Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]

Breeding seasons was almost loathsome to him. Almost, because in some sense it was the only season that made perfect sense to him. When the horses around him acted like horses and not stark raving mad creatures who wove lives and love and deceit for fun. They were primal, and that is something that Zeik can fully understand. He understands it now, soaring high above the meadow that is his home, beating his blue-grey wings in powerful arcs until he’s so immersed in the clouds that he cannot see them. The falcon-horse closes his round, candescent eyes and stops flying, simply letting his wings go limp so that he can fall backwards into the air. His aerodynamic body takes to the fall like a fish to water, and he opens his eyes to see the world spinning wildly out of control. He plummets, a controlled sort of madness, and then moments before the impact he flings his appendages open to catch the drift of air waiting for him and he soars, gloriously, over the heads of those who are too preoccupied to care.

This, this is the life that Zeik so enjoys. The life of flight, of freedom, of solitude. The happy little raptor flies away from the immediate gathering, drifting down over an interesting cobalt blue mare who lifts her muzzle to the sky and calls out for company. Despite himself, he understands her mood, and the falcon drops to the grass. There, he shifts, body spreading until it solidifies to take the shape of a blue roan stallion. He doesn’t know why, but he calls out to her, a shrill response that mirrors her excitement. For the first time in … forever, Zeik feels renewed.

He gazes at her, watching her approach with tepid curiosity. Young thing that she is, he can understand her trepidation at meeting a stranger, but he offers his nose to hers in a polite gesture. His ears prop forward and he settles, head tipping curiously to the side. “I’m Zeik.” He says, almost out of breath from his sudden transformation. “Who are you, and where did you come from?”

Everything we are and used to be is buried and gone

felinae

She felt both excited and relieved to have her call answered. It even forced a shiver to run down her spine as she momentarily stood still. Every muscle in her body was tense and her nostrils trembled as she deeply breathed in. It didn’t took the blue girl long to get moving again, snorting loudly as she finally approached the stranger.

A little plump and clumsy she brings her nose even closer to his, bumping them slightly as she snorts again – this time softly. Even though the electricity and nervousness still won’t go away, Felinae calms down a little. She had spent a big part of her life alone and had only recently started to seek the company of others. She still felt a little shy and couldn’t help but to be slightly naïve, but for now she was extremely content with the appearance of this stranger.

With a slight effort the young girl forced her body to step a bit backwards, but it came with a loud protest from the hormones that rushed through her body. She wanted nothing more than move closer towards Zeik, feeling his body and body heath close to her own. Almost like she wanted to make sure he was still there and wouldn’t leave her behind, that would be devastating. Felinae didn’t want to be alone anymore, she wanted the safe feeling of having others around, instead of spending her life in solitude. As she looks up to meet his gaze her lips curl up in a smile, a playful glint appearing in her eyes for a short second. “Would you believe me, if I said I came from the sky?” she replied to his question. A part of it was true. Felinae had spent quite a big part of her life in the sky, and if she hadn’t felt the wind underneath her small blue wings she had hidden herself in the branches of a tree.

She tilted her head slightly to the side, causing her dark blue forelock to tilt to the side. The white star on her forehead stood out against the dark blue coat. ”My name is Felinae” she introduced herself, the smile still on her lips and ears tipped forward.

This … Felinae, is a side to life Zeik has never experienced before. The trembling youth, eager to blossom but afraid to become her own entity. There’s an electricity that drives her, he can feel it when her tender nose collides with his, and despite his rather grey nature, he smiles in encouragement. Far be it from him to ruin her fun. She’s all curves, no edges. Age has yet to draw sharp lines in her cheeks or harden her resolve, and this fascinates him. Her eyes, wide and inquisitive, draw him in. There’s still respect though, and he catches that when she backpedals away from him. So much like a bird on the branch, hovering a few moments before flight. Zeik suppresses the urge to move with her - he didn’t want to see her disappear.

But even then she surprises him. A boldness, unexpected but appreciated, flashes in her gaze and she replies to his question with an answer that satisfies him in ways he cannot begin to understand. The roan grins, eyes narrowing mischievously at her jibe. “I would believe you if you told me you’d hatched from an egg, moments ago.” He replies, chuckling softly. Joking - Zeik was actually joking with someone. Little does the girl know that perhaps he understood her better than she thinks - they’re both creatures of the sky and wind, she just doesn’t know it yet.

Her head tilts, and her vibrant hair drifts slowly across the crown of her face. Zeik wants to brush it from her forehead, to feel that rush of connecting intimately with another. But he resolves to wait. There’s something in Felinae that is irresistible, and Zeik wants her for his own. “Tell me, Felinae, do you have somewhere that you call home?” His smile fades, but his energy does not. He pauses, hopeful that she will reciprocate his feelings. “Or are you alone in this world like I am?”

felinae

The way he makes her feel is different. Different from how she has felt around others before. But that might be caused by the overwhelming hormones. Yet that still didn’t change anything about how good she actually feels right now. Zeik seemed, different. Call her naïve or not, but the way he makes her feel is safe, secure, even though he’s only a stranger she has just met. Yet the tension doesn’t leave her body. The excitement lingers and keeps her on the edge. It almost feels like the gravity trying to pull her towards Zeik while she stubbornly ‘fights’ against it, she want to but also doesn’t want to, afraid he might laugh at her.

Felinae had actually felt quite good, enjoying the surprised look for a second. That’s why she is baffled by his reply, blinking her eyes a few times before joining him with soft giggles. How right could he be. Tension flows away now as more giggles escape from her bluish lips, not able to stop the light sound every time she meets his gaze. ”And what if I told you that there isn’t a greater feeling than the wind beneath your wings?” Even though there is still an excited sparkle in her eyes her gaze turns curious. Without even noticing it her head tilts to the side, eyes growing slightly wider while she waits for his reply, even looking for signals in his facial expressions.

This time his words sound different. Even the air around them changes. The sudden change of subject surprises her, but she doesn’t see any harm in answering his question. ”No, or well, the meadow has been my home my whole life” she replies. Felinae was actually even born here, somewhere in these fields, and it was also where she had come back to after trailing after her father’s lead towards the Desert. Loneliness. Yes, she had been lonely, yet at the same time shy when approaching others. Her trip to the desert had also been because of that, trying to find the home she had been looking for, trying to find her family ties. But since she was back to the meadow once again, she obviously has failed. Slowly she turns her gaze back towards Zeik to meet his gaze, a soft smile on her lips. ”And yes.. It’s… lonely.” Without realising it she had moved a step closer in his direction, seeking comfort while being confronted by her memories.

She had closed her eyes for a few moments, taking deep breaths before she steps back again. Shaking her body and tossing her mane into the air the smile is back again. This wasn’t the time to linger in self-pity, that was something she would blame herself for later on. No. Right now she wanted to enjoy her time with Zeik and with that realisation the dire need to feel him close to her rose again. Felinae’s muscles tenses once again, and she snorts before bringing her nose into his direction again.

Zeik is starting to wonder if they were designed by the God’s themselves for each other. He simultaneously wants to know everything there is about her, while not knowing anything at all. Discovering her has been unbelievably remarkable, and Zeik cannot imagine seeing her go now. Her gaze bores into his, and what she searches for he cannot surmise. He hopes she doesn’t find him lacking, or unappealing. He wonders if he’s boring her. When she mentions the wind he rouses his smile again, wanting to shift into his bird form just to master the sensation of flight. But he controls his urge, laughing kindly. “Then I would agree, because I know that feeling firsthand.” He replies, leaning towards her without noticing he’s doing it.

Her mention of the Meadow as her home strikes a chord in him, and suddenly he wonders if this is what infatuation really is. The need to protect, look after and support another despite their differences or downfalls. He doesn’t know where to begin, how to even tell her about his feelings. He’d never had them before now. He wants to tell her that she doesn’t have to be lonely anymore, that he could offer her companionship and affection. But the initial awkwardness of it all stops him from telling her this out loud. Zeik is helpless against her.

“I’ve lived in the Meadow my entire life too.” He comments, watching her eyes open to him again. “But I wasn’t lonely.” His gaze turns out to the crowd around them. None had ever given him reason to join their world. “That is … until I met you, of course.” He says, his voice low and nearing a whisper. He turns back to look at her, and finds that her nose is extended to him again. With a soft smile the roan offers her his own in return, knowing how this must be so bewildering to her. It was still strange to him.

felinae

It would be an understatement to say that she looks surprised. Zeik’s reply almost knocks her of her feet, that is how much he surprises her. She can’t help it but to look at him a little stupid, flabbergasted even. What was it that he had just said? Did he really say he knew the thát feeling? Her eyes flicker to his back, which doesn’t show any signals of wings. With the realisation comes excitement, brown eyes sparking once again. ”You’re a shifter?” she asks almost breathlessly. Instantly she forgets about how ashamed she had felt moments before, forgetting about her stupid surprise. To not miss his reply to her words Felinae moves closer to him, giving in to the electric pulses that pull her forward.

She doesn’t know how he didn’t feel lonely in this place, like she did. Yes, there were many of their species around, but all lived their own, solidary life. She couldn’t connect to these horses, they didn’t give her the feeling she belonged somewhere or with someone. His soft confession freezes her body, utterly surprised by his words. But after the hesitation a smile grows on her bluish lips and she closes the last distance between their noses. A relieved sigh leaves her lips as their noses makes contact again. Anxiety flows away as tension rises and Felinae isn’t able to keep the soft squeaking noise to herself. She’s flustered, avoiding his gaze as she presses slightly closer, forgetting about formalities and not realising that her behaviour could be thought of as rude. She doesn’t understand herself, the need she feels to be this close to him, but she also realises how right this feels.

”But I’m here” she finally verbally responses, still avoiding his gaze as she steps a little backwards again to give him his space. She has to take a deep breath to calm her nerves before she manages to force herself to look at him again, shyly. ”I’m here.." she repeats softly before continuing. So you’re not lonely, right?” Hopefully and hesitantly she looks at him, the shy smile still adorning her lips. It takes a little effort to not cast her gaze down again as her stomach flutters.

[Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]

Her surprise only makes him laugh. Everything to her was fascinating and exciting. If Zeik had lived his life with half as much emotion as Felinae had, he wonders how he could have even survived at all. He’d be taken by wanderlust and simply disappear from Beqanna. But he’s glad she hasn’t had those thoughts, and he’s equally glad he answered her bold call. He mistakes her charisma with his gift as naievity, not knowing that she too possesses the same power. Her glance at his back causes him to join in, and he gazes over his shoulder to also view the wingless entity that was his spine. “I am.” He says, proud over this fact.

He turns back to see her smile, and her nose collides with his, this time with a certainty and boldness that he can appreciate. She moves closer, and Zeik is eager to allow her into his space, reaching out to gently stroke her azure cheek with his dark lips. He suddenly has a million questions for her, and he wants to spend their time more carefully now, and away from prying eyes. Not for the reason one would think, but because he’s never had someone to mentally and physically stimulate him the way Felinae does. It’s unreal.

When she speaks again Zeik knows he’s won her over. It’s an intriguing sensation that courses through him and leaves his mind in shambles. She steps away, but this time Zeik isn’t having it. He moves with her, circling around her slowly until they’re parallel with each other, and his side brushes gently against hers. “Far from it.” He comments, playing idly with her mane. He’s inspired then, and he grins, stepping quickly away from her so that she can view all of him. “Would you like to see my other form?” He asks, ears tipped forward in a lively fashion.

He doesn’t wait, and his body contorts, folding in on itself until he’s shifted completely in the blink of an eye (Practice makes perfect.) What remains is a proud-looking peregrine falcon, with sleek, grey-blue feathers and a sharp predator's gaze. He beats his wings, lifting himself from the ground in one swift motion before falling again in a bird-like hop. Another moment passes and he’s shifted again, back to the Zeik Felinae knows well. “Ta-da.” He says, sheepishly ducking his head for a moment. He wonders what she’ll think, and suddenly he’s conscious of his gift. It was just a bird, after all. Nothing special. He hopes that Felinae is still somewhat impressed, so he raises his head and anticipates her reaction.

felinae

She’s right. His words confirm that she’s actually right. Even though she had already guessed it and asked him out loud, she can’t hide the excitement she feels as he answers her. Not for a second her ears turn away from him, not at all paying attention to their environment anymore. He has caught her and like the little bird she was she had gotten tangled in his net.

With every touch he sets her body on fire, an unfamiliar warmth spreading through her body. Her eyes almost flutter close as she feels his lips on her cheek and more – appreciating – sounds escape past the barrier of her lips. How was it even possible that he makes her feel this good, so relaxed and at the same time so tense. Like she stood at a cliff and felt the adrenaline rush through her body. And Zeik made her feel all of that, and more, with a simple brush on her cheek. She’s surprised to see him move along with her, not allowing her to leave his space. It makes her even more flustered, neighing softly at him, but allowing everything without objecting. She finds herself leaning in to his touch as she turns her head slightly to look at him with one eye, pressing even closer to him. Felinae feels relieved as he replies, replies with the answer she has hoped for.

This time it was Zeik who moved away and Felinae who steps forward to move after him, her nose stretched in his direction as she snorts softly. She didn’t like it at all, not after feeling him this close at her side. If she had a say in it she would press her side against his all day long, like assuring herself he was still there. Soon the disappointment makes room for excitement and she eagerly nods her head. Even before she can verbally respond a falcon sits the grass in front of her. She opens and closes her mouth for a few times, not really able to form words that express how she feels. All Feli can do is grinning stupidly and enthusiastically prance on her place. Just as she is about to lower her nose in the bird’s direction the horse Zeik stands in front of her again. ”You… A bird…” she only manages to mutter out.

Now it’s her turn. Her shift wasn’t as fluently and flawless as his, but instead of the cobalt blue roan girl there sits a small bluebird in the grass. Instead of a whinny a chirping sound sounds, as the small bird spreads her wings and ruffles them before they take her off the ground. The singing sound never dies as she flies around him, and it even lands on his back before taking it’s original place on the ground again. This time it’s Felinae who looks at him with a stupid grin while she closes the distance between them again. She has no words, like she forgot how to speak, but her body trembles and shivers as she whinnies softly.

I'm not sure what happened here.. It feels a little off Sad
    But I totally adore them, they're soooo keaitjiajtietahiaja adorable together <3

Her comment on his shift has him feeling a little silly. Felinae has managed to do what no one else has up to this point - Zeik has dropped his walls and let her see him, the real him. He’s infatuated with her, she knows this. So when she mutters about him being a bird he only half smirks, knowing that if he could, he’d be blushing. Leave it to mares to turn stallions into idiots. He looks away, hoping to recover himself, but her movement in the corner of his vision draws his attention back to her, and suddenly he forgets all about his embarrassment. She shifts, molting into a small bluebird. Her chirp has him shaking his head in amazement, and he watches her fly with silent admiration.

“Beautiful.” He says when she’s back in her original form. To think - the two of them coming across each other, and both being able to change into birds. Zeik cannot help but think of it as fate. Her whinny excites him, and he rumbles back to her before moving close again. He sighs, letting the sound sink into the air around them while he draws soft circles on her spine with his nose. “Felinae, what if I could offer you a home? A place you’d always be welcome. A place for both of us.”

He stops his touch, thinking about what he was proposing. Zeik was sick of wandering the Meadow with no purpose, and knew now that it was time to make a change. “I’m going to claim a herdland. Come with me. You don’t have to stay there, I won’t cage you.” He insists, drawing the circles again while he speaks. “But I don’t want to lose you.”