• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A New Dawn - [ALL KINGDOM] (Activity check)

Finally, Finally she is here. Her presence dissolves the building temper that’s begun to storm in his breast and Tiberios visibly exhales when she interrupts Texas. Shatter. The light to his darkness and the reason to his madness. Her words give him strength, but within them he can hear the hidden pain. She’s hurting, fiercely, and he knows he’s partially to blame. Outwardly she’s not herself (and what mother of lost children would be?) so he cannot resist leaving his spot to meet her and offer her support.

Lost in the moment the crowd lulls, but Piety is quick to speak up to Tiberios’ request. His amber gaze pulls away from his partner, only to meet the soft-spoken mare with hardened resolve. “The Gates is not our ally. However, there is circulating news of an attack on them by the Chamber. I want you to go and hear their side of the story, what occurred, what’s being done - if anything is happening at all, and then return with the word.” His ears tilt back to remain on Shatter’s breathing, labored as it is, and he decides to delve into the situation with a bit more information. “Despite what may be expected of us as a neutral kingdom, I don’t want to offer an alliance to the Gates. If we did, the Chamber could see it as us banding together against them, which would draw unnecessary attention to us.”

He sighs, knowing that this will not please most and cause further possible concerns, but his heart is in the right place. “If what I’ve heard is true, that the Gates has been decimated and raided, then we could be an easy target too.” His gaze shifts to Texas, and he softens his tone. “Despite what defenses we have, I doubt we could deter an attack from such a powerful force.” He quiets then, suddenly tired with having to put on the toughened armor he’s not worn in quite some time. He wants what is best for those remaining, even if causes them to dislike him, but for now he must do what he thinks is right.

He leans gently into Shatter, head lowering before he speaks again. “For now, that’s all. We’ll take things step by step.”

Tiberios

king of the falls