• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Make it rain {{Open}}

{Voudou || Mare || 6 years || Gates}
    Everything was cold and grey. Long icycles hung from the branches, like frosty fingers looking to grab at their next victim. The sky was overcast, letting through little light even though it was mid afternoon, and the breeze hit everything around with a sharp, bitter cold that stung like needles.

Standing in a small clearing was a tall black vixen, her ebony mane gnarled and tangled into impressively sized dreadlocks, her hoofs cracked and muddy despite the snow. Grey scars lined her once smooth pelt, cruel reminders of what had happened over 3 years ago. It had been a long time, and for the most part Voudou was over it, but there were still days when she barely functioned, and her personality turned as dark as her raven hair. It had been nearly two years since Voudou had even stepped foot in the Gates, and doing so bubbled up feelings of confusion and rage all at once. Jason and Fiasko had gotten their happy family, and Voudou had left them to it. None of her business what they wanted to do anyway, it's not as if she could have stopped them. Still, it had hurt her to see them together, and for that she needed to leave. Would she even be welcome here? Would she find the same kind faces or had this territory been overrun by swarms of strangers?

The mare certainly hoped there weren't too many new equines in the area, one of the things she had enjoyed most about this territory was being able to explore and do her own thing without the interruption of nosy neighbors. But she hadn't found a better place to live, and this seemed like a good time to start over and try again.

All at once the fae let out a whinny that pierced the air like a knife, so high pitched it was almost more of a scream than anything else. She almost scared herself with the volume of it, and quickly collected herself so she didn't look like quite as much of a mess. Afterall, if she was going to meet anyone new today they had to know right off the bat that she wasn't someone to be messed with, and that she had no problem putting inferior souls in their place even if that required a bit of violence. Voudou might be a mess, but in her mind she was still better than any of the other critters that attempted to befriend her.
    tags anyone/open, 415 words.
    notes, _______.
    She doesn’t know what to do with herself.

Her life, that wonderful little peaceful life, hidden away in the Gates, is gone. The Chamber has destroyed it, crushed it. They hurt her friends, and kidnapped her mother and ‘sister.’ Nothing feels quite the same any more, nothing feels quite safe.

The wool of naivety has been pulled out from in front of her eyes. The world has shown itself for what it really is - a dark and horrible place. She doesn’t know what to do anymore.

She’s rooting around through the ash-blackened snow that had once been the mother tree (searching for any tidbit of life left), when a scent reaches her nose. It’s vaguely familiar in some way, but she can’t quite put her hoof. The scent is followed by a shrill whinny, and she springs into action, seeking out the newcomer.

She finds the clearing quickly, and stops when she spots the dark mare. Her dark eyes take in the sour expression and the scars. She feels the faintest tingly of recognition, but she has no idea where from. She has no idea that she met this mare once very soon after her birth.

Her expression is stony, and her voice flat and dry. “Can I help you?” She has little to smile about these days, and little reason to trust horses that do not belong to the Gates. She’s learned well what being too trusting and unprepared can lead to.

Sidra

the wild child of jason x fiasko

[Image: sidraandsahm_zps0fabjlj2.gif]

It wasn't long before the gentle thud of hoofbeats brought an equine into Voudou's presence.  Oh god what a joke.  Was this seriously the only one nearby to talk to?  The bastard spawn of Fiasko?

A new flurry of quiet rage bubbled in her gut, but Voudou stood her ground, standing tall and proud.  It was immediately clear that the filly didn't recognize Voudou which wasn't surprising; afterall, they had only met once and the thing had barely started walking at the time.  Not about to waste this opportunity, the black vixen took a step forward, making it clear she wasn't about to go anywhere despite the cold, unwelcoming aura that hovered around Sidra.  That was her name right?  Sure.

"Where are your parents darling?  I have no business dealing with you.  You're barely mature enough to talk to strangers anyway," though her voice was sweet, there was no mistaking the bitterness in her words.  The ebony fae had no time to deal with this youngster if she didn't have to.  Sidra, while beautiful, looked beaten and cold.  Something wasn't right in the Gates, it felt... lifeless almost.  No more welcoming than the frosty emptiness that Voudou carried with her everywhere she went.  But this was the only place she knew of where Jason might be, and she desperately wanted to see him, it had been a couple long long years without him.  Voudou closed her eyes momentarily, remember this land as she had first seen it, green and lush, full of places to explore and discover.  As much as she hated this entire territory, it also held a strangely dear place in her heart.  Probably just because of Jason, that gorgeous, blue-hued, magic stallion that had been there for her through her worst.  

A snort and quick shake of the head brought her out of it.  With a small smile, she continued speaking, "Forget your parents actually, I just need to talk to Jason.  Fiasko is of little use to me at this point in time.  Don't worry, he knows who I am, and despite my best efforts so does your mom.  Hell I damned near let Fiasko raise my baby boy along with you, but god only knows how he would have turned out then." Better than he is now, her mind screamed at her but she ignored the thought.  Geremy was a beautiful boy, cocky and rude just like his mama.  
    tags Sidra, 404 words.
    notes, Well we couldn't really expect Voudou to be polite....

I can see for miles, miles, miles

”However we don’t know who you are so perhaps you should tell us why you’re here instead of insulting and ordering around the Gate’s princess.” His words are cold and flat, he is a shell of the kind man he use to be. His world is that of constant pain and agony as the hollow socket where his right eye once existed refuses to heal and becomes infected instead. His mind is swallowed by his living nightmares and the fact that he can no longer tell the difference between his dreams, the induced torture Carnage had put him through, and reality. His broken and abused body is brought closer to them as he takes heavy step after heavy step. His one good gold-flecked eye stares at the new mare but it is blank and registers little emotion. ”Jason isn’t here, he hasn’t been here for awhile. Mast is around somewhere I’m sure and Fiasko was taken by the Chamber.” He states quietly, his gaze unwavering and somewhat unnerving. Even though he had never met the blue magician, he had heard of him in the time since his return to the Gates. He also knew the magician had disappeared and nobody knew where he was. He hadn’t met the King of the Gates either, had met Fiasko only once.. His home was in shambles but it had been long before the Chamber had raided it. ”So if that’s your only business here then you should leave.” The anger churns heatedly in his veins and his teeth grit as he tries to fight the bear that rages insides of him, threatening to come out. He’s been trying so hard to control this new power Carnage had cursed him with but it is still new and raw which leaves him incredibly unstable.

Ledger

She is unprepared for the vitriol that comes flying out of the mare’s mouth.

Its drives a spike into her still raw emotions, tapping into the pain and despair of the last few days. And suddenly she’s furious. “Oh fuck off you crotchety old bitch.” She’s overcome with the desire to give the old cow (who apparently knows her parents?) a good nip, but luckily they’re interrupted by the approach of a chestnut stallion.

Sidra wheels around, eyes blazing at the intruder, but calms when she recognizes the scent. She’s never met the stallion before, but she’s detected his scent all over the Gates, and seen him from a distance once or twice on her many childish ‘adventures.’

He answers the old cow for her, and her anger cools even further. There’s no use in getting worked up over what this random old bat says. She has bigger things to worry about.

She turns back to the mare, calmer, but eyes still glaring. “As he said, my father ditched us years ago and my mother was just kidnapped by the Chamber.” Her eyes look for any reaction, any shock, or perhaps even sorrow. “So if all you intend to do is stand there insulting people you can fuck off.”

She turns to go, but pauses, glancing back. “What did you want with my father anyway? And how do you even know who I am?” Jason had disappeared when she’d been a yearling, and there’s still so much she doesn’t know about him. What had this mare been to him?

Sidra

the wild child of jason x fiasko

[Image: sidraandsahm_zps0fabjlj2.gif]

Dark orbs darted back and forth between her two opponents.  Voudou was a strong friesian, but even she couldn't easily take on two horses at once.  The chestnut stud was handsome, his smooth, carved muscles rippling underneath his golden pelt with every step.  Gorgeous enough to have the world at his feet, too bad his chiseled skull held only one eye to see the world with.  What a shame, a supreme waste of an otherwise perfect specimen.  

Sidra's words had been sharp, but fueled by anger and therefore entirely meaningless.  A bitch was hardly the worst name that had ever been thrown at the black mare, and it did nothing to provoke her.  It was the words of the gold-hued stag that got to her.  Jason wasn't here... and hadn't been for years, meaning he hadn't stuck around much longer than Voudou had.  A hushed "no!" escaped her maw, and Voudou took a step back, wide-eyed and staring at the dirt with her chin tucked almost to her chest.  He couldn't be gone, he just couldn't!  

Then the young princess spoke again.  She just couldn't keep that damned mouth shut could she?  Pulling herself back up to a proud height, Voudou took a step towards Sidra, auds pinned flush against her smooth skull.  "Jason didn't ditch you, he never would have.  If he left without notice he had his reasons and if you dare say another bad word about him I will rip your throat out and eat your heart for dinner.  I don't care if you are the princess of these lands, I lived here before your parents even created you. As far as I'm concerned, you're little more than the dirt beneath my feet."  Though she was eager to get just one good hit at Sidra, Voudou kept herself calm, her voice carrying with it an eery monotone.  

She stared at the youngster for a couple moments before twisting away and walking off a few staggering steps, not to avoid further conflict but to hide the pain in her eyes.  "As for your mother I tried to warn her about the Chamber, it was one of the few times I bothered to say a word to her, and the only time I ever spoke during a herd meeting.  I really am sorry about what happened, I certainly don't like Scarface Fiasko but I never wished her harm."  True regret wove its way between her words, and the pangs of weakness were nearly too much for Voudou to handle.  The raven mare kept her head turned away from the others, not willing to let them see the single tear rolling down her cheeks.  That's what you get for getting your hopes up you dumb slut, Jason isn't here.  He doesn't love you, give up already.  
    tags Sidra // Ledger, 466 words.
    notes, _______.