• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when you think of love do you think of pain? (herds)

It’s strange to be heading out on her own again.  She’d gotten so comfortable in Orange Country, a home like she’d never known before.  Even though she’d never gotten close to Sloene and Kreios, they’d become the closest thing to a family she’s ever had.  But now it’s gone.

Well, not completely gone.  Kreios will be back some day, she is sure of it.  But there are things he needs to do outside of Beqanna, things that will not wait.

And so she’s on her own yet again.  But, not for too much longer, now that she thinks about it.  Her belly is large and swollen, full with the child within.  It won’t be too much longer now until she gives birth.

But first she needs a new home.  She can’t raise a child on her own, not without a safe place to call their own and a stallion to protect them.  Not to mention she doesn’t know the first thing about raising children.  

So, cold as it is, she sets out across the field, forcing herself through the snow drifts.  There’s no one out at the moment (no doubt avoiding the frigid cold), but she’s sure someone will be along to bother her soon.  After all, herd stallions will always out searching for herd mares, and kingdoms will always be on the lookout for new recruits.  And as brightly coloured as she is, she’s going to stand out against the snow.

syl

when you think of love do you think of pain?

Blah I haven't written her in a while.
    OOC: Sorry my posts with him will look better once i have a HTML

Yes, it was cold here, it was the kind of cold that sinks into your bones and makes your body vibrate with shakes and shivers. The tall male snorted and expelled the vapors from his lungs as he made his way a crossed the snow covered field. He was just meandering but he was also looking for a mare to start his herd with. He already has his eye on a unclaimed place, it looked wondrous, a great place to start a family. He continues at a decent pace lifting his legs up high against the deep snow arching his neck where his chin bumped his chest just to try to keep somewhat warm.

Then he noticed her, how could he not? She was brightly colored making his red roan coat look dark, also she was swollen with child. What is she doing out here in the cold with a child in her? Didn't she know this was dangerous for both of them? He sighed softly and walked over to her. Once he got at a respective distance he stopped and bowed his head slightly and spoke to her his voice floating towards her ears "Isn't to cold out here for a mother to be?" he asked his ears tipped forward and his green eyes locking on here seeing loneliness in their depths, yes he too was lonely but a mare should never be alone, she needs someone to protect her especially in her state.

How funny that the huge man had left them all, vulnerable and exposed. Easy prey for him to feast on. It felt like only yesterday he had battled Kreios for his lead mare simply because he had nothing better to do and she had been nice to look at. Now he had abandoned his mares and here he was to scoop up the scraps. She easily drew his attention, standing out of the snowy background like a sore thumb. Brightly colored and fat with child. His lip curls at the thought of having to deal with one of Kreios’s kids but he could easily turn that to his advantage if he wished. Or kill the blasted thing. It was trivial in the skim of things. First he needed to collect her.

Crimson iris’s gaze unwavering on her as he approaches, feathery wings outstretched. He likes coming to them like this, the mockery of an angel that he is. He may not be Satan himself but he definitely is one of those that has crawled out of the pages of The Book of Enoch. His pale lips pull tight into a sneer as he confidently draws closer to her, letting the tips of a wing graze against her swollen side as he circles her. Inspection completed, teeth tinged yellow snap at her shoulder as his neck snakes out quickly with ears hidden beneath a tangled mass of his forelock. ”We can do this whatever way you like but the easiest will be to just come with me.” He finally says, waiting to see what the pregnant mare would do now that he has claimed her for his own.

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf

The red stallion's ears tip back before he looks at whom ever it is coming towards them, he turns his head to be met with a sight that made his ears fall against his skull in annoyance. A winged male walked confidently towards them his wings outstretched and a sneer on his pale lips, great he is now going to lose his chance with a mare because some other male thinks he can come in and forcefully take a mare swollen with child. As the crimson eyed stallion circled the brightly colored mare Skull did what his mind told him to he got in-front of the mare his ears pinned to his head "Now, Now that is no way to treat a lady" he said his voice stone cold and his eyes narrowed slightly as he kept a eerily polite smile on his lips. He hated when stallions forced themselves on mares, these are the kind that make mares hate the whole male gender, Skull wasn't having it, not today, not in this cold. More than one life was at stake right now and he rather not lose them. "Didn't your Dam teach you how to treat a lady?" he asked sarcastically, already knowing that this stallion has everything except manners. He tossed his head and raked his big hoof against the ground showing his irritation with the stallions methods of trying to claim a mare for his own. His eyes watch the stallion with mild caution and irritation

Skullu

How am I supposed to fix you? When you love being broken?

It doesn’t take long for someone to approach, just as she’d expected.

Her vibrant coat calls them like a moth to the flame, drawing their eyes and curiosity. And in the case of the first stallion - a red roan - her pregnant belly also brings concern. She smiles politely at his comment, appreciative of his concern. “I suppose so, but I don’t have much of a choice. It would not be safe for me to give birth when I do not have a home.” She’d be easy pickings for predators, or at least her child would be. And even though she has the faerie’s ‘gift’ to protect her, she’s never been a fighter - she doesn’t want to take that chance.

She eyes the stallion, hoping that he’s going to offer her such a home. He seems nice enough, and she’s desperate enough at this point that she’d be willing to take a lot worse. Unfortunately it doesn’t take long for ‘worse’ to join them as well.

The pale stallion slips in quietly, dragging a wing against her side. She shivers and pulls away, instantly uncomfortable. His words certainly don’t do anything to ease the feeling. “I …” She fumbles for a reply, but luckily the roan stallion steps in, chiding the pale stallion (she notices the red eyes with a start). Instinctively she steps closer to the roan, closer to protection. “I think I’ll stay here, thanks.”

syl

Sorry for the wait!

Oh it’s so adorable when stallions try to show their balls to him. He will happily kick them right back up to the stallions scrotum where they belong. He laughs at the oblivious man as he tries to protect her from him. ”You obviously don’t know who I am so I suppose I can forgive you this one time for your insolence.” He snarls at the other, easily stepping up into the other’s face. ”And I raped my Mother so I guess she didn’t teach me much in the ways of manners.” She had also been a Queen of the Chamber at the time, not much stopped him from getting what he wanted. His wings flare at his side, crimson eyes darkening as they look to the mare behind him. ”I wasn’t really asking was I?” Nope, he wasn’t. He took and he didn’t ask. It seemed she did want to do this the hard way. Easily with a large pump of his feathery wings, he jumps over the roan stallion and lands behind the duo. Turning quickly, his neck snakes out as yellowed teeth make to graze along her neck as he sidles up to her. How quickly the tides have turned haven’t they? ”If you want her so badly then you’ll have to fight me for her.”

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf
    I see the trio. The mare is swollen with child. Then I see him. Gryffin. I walk over to them with my head high. [b]"So nice to see you again, Gryffin. What are you doing with my mate and my child?" I say, mockingly. (Ooc: Chez said this to protect them both, not to force himself upon her. So, she isn't taken, guys. Wink ) I look back at her, with loving and caring eyes. "It's ok, your going to be fine. He won't get you if we can help it. Just go with it." I say through my eyes. I look back at Gryffin, eyes like fire, but body and voice as calm as can be.
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk

She wasn’t a mother.

Her experience is thin with child-baring females, her experience with obnoxious males and self-righteous brutes even less so. Yet, her talent is to put herself in uncomfortable, awkward situations.

It was just a very unfortunate talent Exemplary had grown into over these years.

She watches from a distance (at first), as a female blossoming with a growing baby within her belly meanders through the snow. Exemplary herself isn’t familiar with deep snow; such is obvious as she plunges through lanky-like and rugged. The Deserts is warm, invitingly. Her body longs to be heated by the sweet sun, and golden sand once more.

This time of year, Exemplary has no complaints for the dreaded heat wave.

It doesn’t take long of course for the game of the field to commence. Much like the traditional ways of claiming, males bound themselves up to mares like savages. It is a normal occurrence here, unfortunately the modern technique of negotiating and “pitching” hadn’t been caught on to everyone quite yet. It tended to be the more educated, advanced equines adopted the more civil, appropriate way to recruit. While, the more challenged and “family” troubled souls opted to the easier, and less intellectually demanding sport of claiming.

Well, to each their own.

It isn’t the manner of how they approach her that draws Exemplary to the side of the female, but more of how the mare reacts to their greeting. One, the first one, he seems quite tolerable but the second one… reeking of testosterone and making up for his lack of height in personality… He is the one that triggers something.

Something that forces Exemplary from her introverted shell.

“Exemplary,” she states as she wanders up to the side of the mare—a comfortable distance, minding her manners, but close enough to give guidance and comfort. To be approached by so many males can certainly be suffocating, Exemplary being (for the most part) unbelievably shy can relate to the feeling of anxiety.

“Of the Deserts,” her voice is hindering on professionalism and wariness, keeping the shorter stallion within her sight, giving no benefit of doubt to the red male either. Her patience with males had been deteriorating.

“Seems we have all forgotten our manners, I didn’t seem to catch any of your names while I eavesdropped.” She is honest, too honest maybe. Something about this situation however, makes her feel she shouldn’t be closed. For the sake of the pregnant mare, she feels drawing the attention off from her might just save her a claiming brawl.

“I will make this short,” she pauses, turning her glance to the mare beside her, “I don’t know your name. However I want you to know the Deserts is a lovely kingdom, I was taken there when I was first born because I had nowhere to go. They provided for me, and gave me a life that I will forever be thankful for. If you want that sort of life for yourself, and your child. We are more than welcome to open our doors for you. I won’t force you, this is an offer I will put on the table. I promise, we will keep you safe.”

She moves slightly closer, yet still stopping beyond the reach of the mare, “I would love to know your name.”

Exemplary

I will be yours, and only yours, until the day I fade to black

little rusty, that I can own up to. Still getting used to her and figuring her out, so bare with me Smile

The white stallion was getting a little shifty and angry and the big roan just sighed. "Enough with the childish games. We can let the miss choose who she wants to go with. She isn't just property that we can throw around. She is a living thing, and she is carrying new life. So leave her be pale boy and let her choose." Skull said his voice hard and emotionless as he stood by the mares head slightly infront of her to keep her separated from the pale stallion with the glowing red eyes. Then another stallion came walking up making his body tense. They already has to much testosterone coming from one stallion ready to fight. He walked right up the white stallion called Gryffen mocking him in his tone as he demands what he was doing with his mate and child. The big roan stallion held in a chuckle as he told the mare to go with it. How weird. The stallion shook his head "Greetings stallion I'm Skull. Might I ask what you are doing?" the red boy asked his head tilted his long black mane flowing to one side.

He lifted his head again as he caught another's scent but it was a mare she smelled of sand and warm breezes. "Hello Exemplary, I am Skull. Pleased to meet you" he said bowing his head slightly as his green eyes wondered to the new comers and the pale ball of anger then to the mare that started it all. She was quiet and he liked that, he moved to stand closer to her side almost touching her shoulder with his muzzle and he looked over at her "Don't worry I'll protect you from that monster" he whispered softly in her ear as he watched the pale stallion with mild irritation.  

Skullu

How am I supposed to fix you? When you love being broken?

Hoku - Skullu - Riordan - Ryn - Keeva - Galzar - Hidatsa - Felise

The pale stallion is not backing down.

The beast steps forward, speaking of his own misdeeds (he raped his mother?!) and making his intentions even more … clear. Her eyes widen in fear as he leaps over the roan stallion and she shudders when his yellowing teeth graze against her neck. As he touches her the faerie’s ‘gift’ calls out, whispering that she shouldn’t have to take this, she could kill him with a single thought. She shrinks away instantly, leaning into the roan stallion’s side. No, NO. She will never use it. She will never be like her.

She’s distracted when another stallion approaches, facing the pale stallion (whom he calls Gryffen) and claiming her as his mate. “Wha …?” He glances back at her, telling her to go along with it and she falls silent, struck dumb, though the red roan (who introduces himself finally as Skull) questions him. She doesn’t really think that this Gryffen is going to fall for it (he seems far too wily), but but she isn’t going to argue. At least he’s trying to help.

She shrinks against the roan’s side again as another figure approaches, but relaxes a little when she realizes that it’s a mare. Syl does her best to smile politely as the mare introduces herself (though the smile is strained with anxiety), though her interest is peaked slightly when Exemplary mentions the Deserts. The Deserts is the kingdom that had defeated her, had brought her down and ended the bloodshed. A worthy kingdom indeed. It’s a pity she doesn’t want the kingdom life. She doesn’t want to be tempted, she doesn’t want to be like her. She just wants somewhere peaceful and quiet where she doesn’t have to think about her ancestry, or what she’s been through.

When Exemplary approaches, she forces her mouth to work again. “O-oh, I’m Syl. I really appreciate the offer, but I don’t think I’m cut out for the kingdom life.” Skull moves closer, introducing himself first to Exemplary, and then turning to Syl. He offers her protection, and she smiles tentatively. She finds, much to her surprise, that she likes the stallion. He’s calm and collected despite Gryffen’s overt aggression, and he’s rather gentlemanly to boot - jumping in to protect a vulnerable mare in the field!

She glances at the pale stallion, then back at the roan. Perhaps with such a large group they have a chance to slip away without too much trouble. “Thank you Skull. Can we please get out of here?”

syl