• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll hold with those who favor fire; Gallows

It had not taken him long to know the Amazons were not for him. Too hot, too many fucking bugs, and too many damn women. Everywhere he looked there was either a woman or a bug, and more often than not a woman covered in bugs. The pyro had never been so grateful to see snow, or the feel the bite of winter trying to nip at his skin. It was all for naught, of course (his flame lacing was quite convenient for keeping him warm) but he appreciated the effort all the same. He’d had the option not to go, but he was proud if he was anything. Damned if he’d let a bug riddled woman from the jungle get the best of him. Soon he’d return them in kind. For now though, there was the matter of helping his own kingdom rise to their former glory.

He had to admit, their border of cosmic fire was impressive indeed. Perhaps he was just biased, considering his own trait and the hand he had in marking their members loyal. He’d enjoyed that part immensely- there was something about the feel of his fire meeting flesh that made his spine tingle pleasantly. It had posed no problem, the branding of their members. It was simply a matter of him manipulating the fire oh so carefully. It would not due to miss his mark.

The new wings at his withers were impressive, if he had to say so himself. And he would say so, being the narcissist that he was. Dragon wings, in varying hues of orange and yellow. At the top a set of impressive curved claws. He hadn’t had the chance to practice with them, though there was something about the weight of them curled against his side that made him smile. Just one more tool in his arsenal. Just as he stretched them out, a familiar face reached his gaze. Smirking, he strode over to her, retracting his wings back to their resting position. “Well well…for someone who claims to not enjoy the more carnal pleasures the world has to offer, you seemed to have caved this one time.” he purred, taking in Gallows’ clearly swollen barrel. “And here was me, pegging you as a tight-legged shrew.” It was all in jest though. She had no problem giving him hell when the spirit moved her. It was only fair he return the favor.

flamevein
    i set fire to the rain
    "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. What I've tasted of desire I'll hold with those who favor fire." - R. Frost

I give Flamevein an affectionate grumble as he comes up closer. For someone who let himself be captured he's awfully high and mighty. Granted, dragon wings are pretty impressive, but I won't be the one to tell him that. I wouldn't trade my hawk wings for them anyways. Horses these days; I swear they get fancier and odder with each birthing season. When I was young it was unusual to see a horse with wings and horns. Now there are children running around with plants for bodies and skeletons for wings and any number of other weirdness.

Dear gods, I sound old.

"How were the Amazons?" I ask sweetly, ignoring his jab. "Decided against joining the sisterhood, did you?"

I try to imagine Flamevein amongst the Amazons. I'm not sure who that would irritate more, but it would endlessly entertain me. Not going to lie, I might have giggled when I heard that he had been stolen away. Granted, it didn't make the Valley look all that great, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make.

I toss my head at the flaming wall, a wry grin on my face.

"So. Been a bit busy since you got back? Planning on introducing yourself to ladies with a mention of flaming walls? Really now, whose idea was it to block the view?" I give him a mock scolding look. "You boys. I can't let you alone for one day without you renovating."

Truthfully, I think the wall was a good plan. Not that anyone asked me what I thought.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

He doesn’t know why he continually finds himself in her company. She’s snide, and arrogant, and with that ancients “do no wrong” mentality. In short, she was an asshole. But so was he, so he supposed it worked in a sense. They could shoot jabs at one another all in good fun. Flamevein didn’t consider himself to be a man of many friends, and nor did he have any desire to change that. Friends were usually nothing more than baggage and those who’d ride the coattails of someone much more powerful, and he didn‘t have time for that bullshit. He was more of a solo act, not a backup dancer. Despite that he’d grown accustomed to the sassy mare, and found himself valuing her company.

Even when she was giving him shit. Like now. “Hot as fuck, thank you very much.” he purred, ignoring her jab about him joining ranks in the Jungle. There was only one thing that could possibly be good about living in the Jungle- he wouldn’t have to go far to find a decent piece of ass. Thankfully, he wasn’t so desperate that he needed to live in a tribe full of women. “Busy. Yes. I like to stay busy…idle hands are the devils playground, after all.” he said, a wicked grin placed on his handsome mouth. Yes, it was for the best that he wasn’t let alone for too long. His thoughts were usually on a dangerous path. “Block the view? Darling, we’ve improved it. You can go anywhere on this God forsaken spit of land and find fucking trees. You can only come to the Valley if you want to see a giant wall of fire. Clearly, in this case, a womans touch wasn’t needed.”

flamevein
    i set fire to the rain
    "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. What I've tasted of desire I'll hold with those who favor fire." - R. Frost
    ooc: I'm going with Namaah has already been born. :p

Of course you know why you hang out with me so often, Flamey. We're two peas in a pod. We go together like peanut butter and jelly. We complete one another.

Okay, I have to stop now. I'm dying.

Truthfully, I think Flamevein and I have an easy companionship that comes from mutual asshole behavior and an inability to keep our mouths shut. And short of having friends, having verbal sparring partners who appreciate the Valley as I do is the next best thing. Hey. If it works, it works.

I eye the wall critically. "Debatable. It's certainly an eye catcher, that's for sure."

I grin at him. A woman's touch, indeed. A woman's practical touch would have made the wall not as hot and about twenty feet shorter. At least, this woman's touch. But I'm not going to squabble over particulars. I'm in a good mood. Something to do with not being pregnant and my daughter reaching the stage where she doesn't need me every ten seconds.

I change subjects suddenly, glancing at the smaller ring of fire towards the center of the valley.

"Any ideas what the tree we're protecting is good for?"

Hopefully something. After all, Demian did sacrifice his eyesight for it although I'm not sure if he even realizes that yet. His subconscious does.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.