• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm still waiting for the world to end; mast, any
    fiasko
    They protest, as she had suspected they would. But it’s no use. She had made up her mind when she left with Gryffen, and there’s nothing they can do to change it. Not to mention the fact that she’s given her word, and her children are still stuck back in the Chamber. She doesn’t think Straia would hurt them, but if Gryffen got a hold of them … or at least got a hold of Caitlin …

It doesn’t bear thinking about.

She smiles sadly at them and shakes her head. “It’s done. I’ve given my word to Straia, and she has given me hers. And I think that, in this one regard, I can trust her.” Whatever else Straia may be, she at least keeps her word. “And they still have Caitlin, I can’t leave her there.” She doesn’t mention Zayn. Just hearing about how the boy came to be would incense them. She would rather they step back and rebuild. They should worry about the kingdom, not her.

Mast speaks up again, telling the others that they must respect her decision. But there’s something in his eyes that tells her he might not be speaking what’s on his mind. She hopes to god he isn’t planning on doing something stupid, like trying to rescue her. “Please, you need to look after the Gates. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” They don’t need a failure like her anyway.

The raven digs its claws in again and she glances over her shoulder at it, orange eye blinking. The blasted thing is probably right. “I … I should go. Please don’t come after me.” Then she turns and walks away, fighting back tears.
    i'm still waiting for the world to end