• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’ll burn this whole city down; lagertha
    She marches into the clearing with a mission on her mind.  

She’s waited too long to talk to her queen about her visits to the Gates and the Chamber.  Lexa’s birth, and the subsequent weeks of watching the filly toddle about on wobbly legs have distracted her from her assignments.

But today, for the first time, Lexa has gone off to explore on her own, and Lyris has free time to speak to Lagertha.  She settles in under the shade of a rubber tree and calls out for the warrior mare.

When Lagertha arrives she gives the grey mare a little grin before launching into it.  There’s no point in wasting time on pleasantries.  That something that she’s sure the both of them can agree on.

“I’m sorry that it’s taken me so long to report back.”  She offers no excuses.  It’s her own fault, plain and simple.  “My trip to the Chamber was interesting, to say the least.  Straia seemed reasonable enough, but one of her soldiers was rather … aggressive.  Seemed to think we have his daughter.  He could be a problem in the future.”  Of course, she won’t mind throwing a little lightning at him if he does.  She’d probably even enjoy it.  “I also made a trip to the Gates, and though they wouldn’t admit it to me, I think something happened there.  I could smell smoke, and the stallion that greeted me appeared uncharacteristically suspicious of me for someone from the Gates.”  It’s not much, and considering how long it’s taken her to pass on the information, Lagertha could already know.  But she’s at least done her duty, albeit over a month after the fact.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

I am iron and I forge myself

She’s just made the same mistake Lyris did, and though she respects the father of the mass of cells taking over her body, it seems she’s forgotten that a warrior queen is hardly any good if she can’t fight.

How the hell she could forget something like that is beyond her, but if the spotted woman’s words are any inclination that she will need to be in top form soon, she’s fucking screwed. Luckily, her condition isn’t evident (yet), and she can still make her way quickly through the Jungle’s tangled mess. See, this is why she enjoys Lyris - they can jump right into business without any pleasantries or formalities. Lagertha doesn’t want bowing and scraping and titles. She wants them to be able to come to her with concerns and ideas and know that if the time should come, she will be fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with them. The iron gray mare listens and absorbs the information, putting it together with other tidbits she’s heard and observed recently.

“We do have his daughter, and she is under my protection, just like her mother asked of Tantalize. Apparently he’s abusive - though he’d rather die than admit it. So yes, he could be, but if Erebor is anything like his mother, I’m optimistic about their ability to see reason.” She pauses for a moment, choosing to reveal what is now quickly becoming public knowledge. “The Chamber burned the Gates’ Tree and abducted their Queen. The Gates came looking for allies, and I have not given them a response yet.”

Lagertha tilts her head, scrutinizing the warrior-cum-diplomat before her. “Given the option, would you rather go with logic or conscience? Logic may fill you with guilt, but save lives, and conscience will follow the majority’s opinion, but some may die.” She is intentionally cryptic, though it wouldn’t be too terribly difficult to see what she’s talking about. Lagertha has never been the warrior-in-shining-armor, but many of the Sisters aren’t like her. That could be both a good and bad thing - she wants them behind her decisions, but she will not let them run into a fight that they will surely lose.  

What is a Khaleesi to do?

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

The warrior queen does not chastise her, something that Lyris appreciates.  She has acknowledged her faults, and knows where she needs to improve.  Lagertha does not need to drive it home, and she knows it.  

But, the queen does have some news that both surprises and intrigues her.  They do have the damn stallion’s daughter?  Lyris’ eyes widen, and her ears flick forward.  She’s not surprised to hear that he’s abusive, but she is surprised that Lagertha would risk angering the Chamber.  Though really, when she thinks about it, she shouldn’t be that shocked.  A sister had made a request, likely from the heart, and Lagertha certainly supports her sisters with everything she has.  Not to mention the girl is a nobody.  She’s not a princess, just the daughter of a random dickbag Chamber stallion.  Definitely not worth the Chamber going to war over.

That said, she wouldn’t put it past the Chamber to hold a grudge.

Lagertha keeps speaking, and the information she relays keeps getting better and better.  The Chamber attacked the Gates?!  How interesting for them to make such a move.  The Gates are notoriously weak of course and likely hadn’t put up much of a fight, but now the eyes of every kingdom will be on the Chamber.  Had it simply been a show of strength?  Or a sign of more things to come?

Lagertha’s question catches her off guard, and a little snort slips out.  “You know me, I go with whatever suites me in the moment.”  She knows her own temperament all too well.  “But, as a Khaleesi … I’d say logic.  Unless the matter is too important - there are some things that are worth sacrificing for.”  She laughs.  “Such helpful advice, I know.”
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com