• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

la jeune fille marquée; Magnus

la jeune fille marquée

I-no, I don't think so. I mean, I don't often get lost... but I, I mean, thank you...” She trails off uncertainly, unable to explain. She never has the chance to get lost because she never leaves the mountain herd. This trip to the Meadow is only her second foray into the world. No, third. The first was a privelige granted by Gryffen during which she spoke to no one. The second was to meet the Amazonian mare Liz and arrange for Sette's escape. And now the buckskin stallion is the culmination of her solitary adventures. The only horses she's spoken to since arriving in Beqanna she can number quickly and with little thought. Gryffen, Liz, Felinae. And of course her own children.

A warm smile graces Minette's features and her eyes fill with gratitude. She casts a regretful look over the scars both Gryffen and Carnage have left. “You are kind to say so, Magnus.

She laughs, high and tinkling like a chime, as he ruffles her forelock. The pale gray mare cannot think of a time when someone has treated her so informally, but in such a way that she doesn't mind. She finds herself hoping he will touch her again so she can gather up gentleness like flowers in a daisy chain. Minette looks up at him with affection.

His next question drops a stone into the calmness she has been cultivating for months. Doubt begins to ripple across her mind.

No, of course not.” Minette rushes to say, “At least, he doesn't treat me that way anymore."

Her dark eyes fill with confusion. Does he treat her well? A year ago she would have said no, unequivocally, although there was no one to tell of her mistreatment. In the last six months she would be just as quick to say that he had changed, that his manner towards he was warm, even affectionate.

But did he treat her well?

Minette become edgy, suddenly, realizing how this conversation might appear if it is reported to Gryffen. When it is reported to him. She glances back up at the trees and it is impossible to miss the dread and tension tightening her muscles. She feels the ancient urge of fight or flight, but she is helpless to respond to either. She freezes.

I'm afraid I-... I don't really know.” Her dark eyes dart upwards, and then to the ground, refusing to meet Magnus' gaze. “I mean he used to be... different. But he hasn't hurt me in so long...

Again she leaves her sentence unfinished. She doesn't know what is next.

Messages In This Thread
    la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-17-2015, 07:17 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-17-2015, 10:23 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-17-2015, 11:44 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-18-2015, 03:34 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-18-2015, 06:32 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-18-2015, 07:31 PM
    la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-18-2015, 10:09 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-19-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-20-2015, 08:23 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-22-2015, 10:00 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-23-2015, 10:41 PM