• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stand up when its all crashing
    The journey felt long and gloomy. Then again, it probably was. As I follow Astri, hatred grows teeth and claws. The ravens cawing and circling overhead don't help any. Infact, they seem to be boring into my soul.

The trees here are gloomy, coated in icicles. The snow is well worn and spears to have blood on it.

"Astri, why did you want me to join the chamber? I don't think I'd be much use." I ask, trying to escape. Also knowing that I was useless.
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk

I WILL ALWAYS FIND YOU

The Chamber was rather lovely during the winter- at least in Killdare's opinion it was.  Especially when icicles hung from the pine bows, reflecting the sun in prismatic colors against the bleached ground. Snow was very refreshing you see. It seemed to coat the grounds, blot out all the old, and then melt away in time for spring. In time for change and a fresh slate. That's how he saw it anyways.

The snow and ice did little to blot out the smells that floated in though, (quite rarely lately, truth be told) and he wrinkles his whiskered mouth at the latest one. He knew immediately without asking, that Chezter had wandered into their borders. As much as he is disappointed with that fact, he can't help but give a fleeting wry smile. Astri had won her challenge. Why though, did she have to bring it back with her?

In no time, the dragon-winged Colonel is crunching snow drifts and comes to stand before the chestnut stallion. "The Queen is sure to be irritated with your presence." He states flatly, giving the other a menacing glare. He really doesn't need to do all that of course, his scaled and spiked wings were probably more than enough show for this peasant. "You will address her as Queen, my Lady if Queen slips your moronic mind." Oh yes indeed, there would not be any pleasantries for this one where he was concerned.

As for his captor, he gave a brief nod before a gruff " Well done Astri."

KILLDARE
    Dragon-Winged Tracker Colonel of the Chamber

Heh heh, Killdare doesn't seem overly fond of him xD
    What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?

It’d been an easy win. Almost too easy. But she’d relished in the victory nonetheless and taken him home with her like all good captors do. It was part of their agreement after all - he was now slave to the Chambers command. Chezter had been mostly silent the whole way, which Astri appreciated, until of course they reached the borders of her home. And when he opened his mouth - well, let’s just say that Astri was glad they were home and not too far away. She might have just killed him herself. They stop just inside the Chamber’s reaches, not too unlike the first time they had arrived, except this time Astri was hellbent on smoothing over that awful first encounter.

“I don’t want you to join the Chamber, you idiot. You’re our captive. Our slave. I’m hoping that by bringing you back here either Straia or Gryffen will be able to torture you to their heart’s content.” She says, flicking an irritated ear behind her. She could go on, of course, but they’re intercepted by Killdare, a fact that Astri is more than glad of. He takes it upon himself to tutor the half-blind imbecile and she can feel a sideways grin beginning to show.

She’d rather have gone without the pat on the back that he gives her, but she grits her teeth and manages a half-hearted smile. “Thanks.” She chokes out, inhaling before moving forward to the heart of the kingdom. “Have you seen our queen, or Gryffen, perhaps?” She asks him, hoping to rid herself of Chezter as fast as she could manage.

astri

i am the violence in the pouring rain

i am a hurricane

Of course she is pleased with Astri, though in truth, she has no time to be dealing with the moron that Astri has brought with her. Though it might be a good chance to practice with her ravens, and see what she can conjure up to make Chezter’s stay less than pleasant.

Rather a shame that Gryffen wasn’t around. She’d love to simply let the Chamber ghost do whatever he wanted with Chezter. It would be amusing, and give their rather anxious ghost an outlet. But sadly, he had been absent as of late, and so Straia makes her way over without looking for him first.

She nods to Killdare and Astri, giving the green mare a smile, though she doesn’t say anything. The smile is enough. “Killdare, Astri, if you wouldn’t mind stepping back.” She waits a moment for them to move out of the way before focusing on Chezter.

“In one year, you may go home. For that one year however, I don’t think we need to make your stay all that comfortable.” The ravens descend then all around Chezter. They give him some space.  Just enough for him to pace around in a circle. They link wings, forming some of a cage, before turning to solid ice. Could Chezter break out? Probably. But it would take some effort, and amuse her in the process. Or he could simply stay there, and she’ll let him out in a year and send him home. His choice.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

Straia makes an ice-cage around me. I almost don't mind. But, how will I eat? What will I drink? I start to feel scared. Then again, if I break out, it will be time for her to release me. "Astri, who was that black maiden you were talking with?" he says, getting nervous. Then turns to Straia and bows "As you wish." I said, respectfully. I will not arise untill she says. After all, now she in my queen (for now).
    ~Horses
    ~Are
    ~Miracles
    ~Staying
    ~True
    ~Every
    ~Risk