• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

| ser·en·dip·i·ty |
    SOLARA

Tell me the story of how the sun loved the moon so much, he would die every night to let her breathe.

Warm breathe puffed upon Solara's face as she rested beneath the tree, sheltered from the snow that sprinkled down around her. the branches were low, covered in sharp needles that poked at her coat and skin. 

"Stay here."

A calm voice had spoken from the direction of the warm breaths that warmed her face. A pang of panic filled her as she could hear the snow crunching as the dark-colored mare before her started to turn away. She tried to lunch herself to her hooves, only to smack into the needles and have snow shower down upon her as she crashed back down to the earth, landing in a heap of all too long legs.

"Please, child, stay." 

The mare's voice was a milky smooth filled with feelings Solara could yet recognize for she had only taken a few steps not long ago, how was she to unmask the hidden intentions and feelings in words? Though, to one with a bit more experience in this world, they would hear the mother's pangs of regret and sorrow but also thorns of resentment. It was as if she felt cruel leaving this foal out in the snow but a part of her knew that she could not keep this foal, whether it be that way due to a rather horrible sire or the fact that she felt as though the chance of being found in this snowy land was giving the foal a better chance than whatever the mare could offer.

Either way, this mare had no intention of returning and this young one hidden beneath this tree could only lay and wait for either the cold to eat them up or to be rescued by one visiting this stretch of land in these cold months. 

"Speech." | 'Thoughts.'

OOC | yay for finally starting something with this cutie... and idek about that title, but hey, hopefully she'll turn out to be a wonderful gift of fate. Oh and so I know how  unlikely a foal born in the winter is but I'm planning on playing it off as something like where her mother was from somewhere warm but ended up traveling here for some reason or another or maybe she simply travels all over, never stopping in one place for long so that may be why she gave up the foal but either way idk, I still have a lot to work out.
    I don't know why I went to the Adoption Den, but something was tugging me there. I looked just as some dark mare went away. I sighed. Figures, the last foal, taken. Then I see small puffs of steam through the branches. My hopes rise as a realize they could mean only one thing here -- a foal. I call out, swollen belly not letting me get any nearer. Hopefully they hear me. Hopefully they come. If my foal and this one have to share milk, fine. I don't care. I just want this one to have a sibling, someone it can relate to. Someone to be its friend.
    SOLARA

Tell me the story of how the sun loved the moon so much, he would die every night to let her breathe.

A call rang through the air, causing Solara to jump a bit at the sudden noise. She could see another horse standing out in the snow, this one a bit lighter than the last. Their coat was dark none the less yet their body was lighter that the first horse Solara had met. She forced a weak call in reply towards the mare as she pushed herself to her feet and in result stumbled out from underneath the sharp branches. She had fallen into the snow and it chilled her thin, long legs and quickly stood up once more, not wanting to be bitten by the white coldness that coated the earth. She braced her legs, spreading them far apart as she tried to stand steadily before clumsily starting to make her way towards the mare. She wasn't quite sure what drew her towards her, maybe it was the coldness, maybe it was instincts, maybe, somehow, deep inside of her, she knew that this mare that stood before her gave her a chance to survive, to live. 

Snow steadily collected on Solara's coat, leaving her speckled and cold but she continued forward, making a bit of a clumsy bound towards the mare who she soon stood around ten feet away from, watching her with wide, dark eyes.

Soon, the tracks of her mother had completely vanished, leaving her foal behind... but you must wonder... would a mother forget about an unwanted foal that she had only briefly seen for just a few painful moments? Would she remember that splash of white that was painted onto her daughter's face? Even in those happiest moments where the world briefly fades away as a laugh bubbles from your lips and you are surrounded by those you trust and love... could she ever forget? 

It shouldn't matter. 

She had left.

"Speech." | 'Thoughts.'

OOC | :D
    The gorgeous black filly stumbled fourth, bringing tears of joy and giggles with her to me. I trod a little closer to her. I lick her lovingly when we meet. Then, gently, bring my head over her and 'hug' her. "What is your name, dear child? Mine is Dyah. You can call me anything you like." I say in a calm, loving manner. The sight was beautiful. The warm Black and Blue couple against the frigid white. The love spreading between them both, leaking into the air.
    SOLARA

Solara nuzzled her face into where the Dyah's shoulder, welcoming the closeness. She had thought for a moment as she had drank in the mare's scent and just the feeling of being beside her. She loved it but she soon replied,

"S-she had said that-that I am S-Solara. She had a-also said that she was n-not my m-mother... are-are you? W-what is that?"    

Her words were jittery and shy as if she was unsure of how the words were supposed to be spoken. She had only heard them once before after all. She stayed close to Dyah. She was warm, she felt safe, she felt like someone who made her safe, she was someone she wanted to stay with.

The other mare's words in her mind of staying under the tree were pushed to the back of her mind as she stood there with long, weak legs in this cold, bright world. She could feel Dyah's breath on her, melting the snow that dotted her coat. Solara couldn't help but let a small, innocent smile spread onto her face as she stood with Dyah, basking in the warmth and comfort she offered.

"Speech." | 'Thoughts.'

OOC | these guys are just so cute :3
    The small, thin filly answered me. I pause, thoughtfully. "Well,"I say,"Most would say a mother is one who births you. I say a mother is a mare who cares for you. So, in a way, yes, I am your mother. I care for you. I love you." I see the smile that comes on her face not long before I say this. I slowly back from her, "Come on, Solara, darling. We must head home. Your father and sibling on the way won't wait long." I say, hoping Kii won't mind another child.
    SOLARA

A huge smile spread across Solara's lips before she jumped after the mare as she became more confident in her legs and movements. She did not know where they were going but she couldn't care less at the moment. Her small mind was simply a collection of the multiple emotions she had felt since she has felt since entering the world and curiosity wrapping it all together as the two left the tree covered in small, sharp spines behind.

The snow had let up ever so slightly but still dusted the two's coats as they traveled through the meadow. It was silent except for the crunching of the icy snow. After a few moments of walking away from the small hill, Solara stopped and then asked curiously,

"Where are we going mama? and who is my 'father' and ... 's-sibling'?  

Her voice was quiet and fragile but could be heard clearly against the silence. Her words were more cautious towards the end as she thought over the words as she spoke. She stood there, letting the snow collect upon her dark back and neck as she waited for a response silently except the puffs of breath from her nose.  

"Speech." | 'Thoughts.'

OOC | okay so so far Solara basically only knows snow due to when she was born but I can't help but image her amazement of everything in the spring :3
    I stop to listen to Solara. I turn around to see the pretty face of hers. "Your father is Kii. He's the Alpha stallion of the Echo Trails herd. Your sibling, well, lets just wait and see with that." I say, my face smiling bigger towards the end. We will both find out. "Now, come on. We must get going." I say, looking at how low the sun is.
    [i](ooc: I posted a tread there, hope to see Solara there!)