• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [any]

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Magnus cannot say that he truly understands the nature of herd politics having never been involved in one. He was kingdom born and raised, something that could be seen in the military way he held himself and the sometimes regal manner in which he approached people; there was not an inch of him that was not bred to be a soldier. But, all the same, he smiles politely at Keeva as she eludes to the drama of the herd, nodding his head with the faintest of laughs. “That does indeed sound crowded.” He rolls one scarred shoulder briefly. “I am happy that we can provide a respite from such drama.”

The buckskin stallion then falls silent, watching with detached amusement as the two flirted with one another. He was not immune to the pleasures of female company (in fact, he often preferred it), and he did not begrudge Nymphetamine his time with the lass. If the blood bay was new to these lands, Magnus was sure that he would be eager to find more friends—or someone who could perhaps develop into something more. Who was he stop the man from trying to enjoy himself with the pretty mare? So he didn’t.

Of course, he also did not miss the way he tenses when Keeva mentioned the fire, and Magnus wonders briefly at it—he had, after all, just discussed the attack on the Chamber that had burned their ground. He dismisses that though, knowing such details could sometimes strike you harder upon the second hearing. Nodding politely in goodbye to Keeva as Nymphetamine dismissed her, his face alters just slightly—the features becoming sterner, the mouth grimmer. “Indeed, tenderfoot, although I would ask just what news you would like to hear.” He pauses, “If this is about the fire she mentioned, it is the same from the attack I spoke of earlier. The Chamber sent magic wielders—fire and plant manipulators—to burn our kingdom and poison our plants. They then kidnapped our Queen and are holding her as their hostage.”

Magnus taking a deep breath, feeling bitterness flood his mouth before continuing. “We are currently safe, but we are doing everything we can to build alliances and strengthen our armies internally. Hence my interest in having a soldier like yourself join. If there is anything else that you would like to know, feel free to ask. I have no interest in hiding anything from you or pretending the Gates is something it is not.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones - by magnus - 11-01-2015, 07:25 PM
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones - by magnus - 11-01-2015, 08:44 PM
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [any] - by magnus - 11-04-2015, 01:28 AM