• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Behave yourself little Darling ( Magnus, Johnathen, Any)
    Becca, made her way towards the forest being famished, she hadn't even been able to eat this morning for she was making her way to the adoption den. Quickening her pace she halted to the sound of her child, speaking an amount of jumbled words. Turning her head towards the small colt she couldn't help but chuckle, he had seemed to have stuck his tongue upon the ice.

Gingerly striding towards him she lowered her head to assess the situation finding the only solution, pain. Not telling him whist she would do she gently grabbed ahold of his crest and, yanked his head pulling up both his head and tongue in one piece. Holding in a laugh she spoke, " Are you alright?" she didn't want him to be dysfunctional and unable to talk.

Her starving stomach gurgled she was ragingly hungry yet, it could wait for Johnathen to gather himself together, " Are you thirsty?" she spoke softly. Thinking that he probably licked the ice in search to quench a thirst from their journey.
    [Image: untitled_drawing_by_caninevulpes-d9e6vik.png]
    I looked at her. "Yes, mama, I'm fine." I said. I herd her stomach gurgle. "Yes, mama, I'm thirsty. But we can eat first. I'm hungry, too. I say, as my own stomach gurgles. Then I giggle.
    (11-02-2015, 04:57 PM)Johnathen Wrote: I looked at her. "Yes, mama, I'm fine." I said. I herd her stomach gurgle. "Yes, mama, I'm thirsty. But we can eat first. I'm hungry, too. I say, as my own stomach gurgles. Then I giggle.

Turning her head towards her colt she spoke softly, " Eat the snow, that will quench your thirst." she slowly began to make her way towards the coverage of the forest, to search for some vegetation any where for both her and her colt. Gently sniffing the ground she found multiple roots buried beneath the snow and ice, shifting her weight she soon decided that perhaps Johnathen should eat first.

Continuing forwards she stared up at multiple trees searching for any green that would be suitable for her child. Finding a thin flimsy branch off of a pepper tree, she gently tugged it off for him, placing it on the ground she spoke soundly, " Here Darling, eat this." she motioned towards the flimsy branch, it was something at least. He would probably still be hungry, so she searched once more finding little greenery upon a frozen bush, tossing off the greener branches she supplied just enough food for him to fill him up.

Becca then went to herself, digging through the snow she ate her heart out in roots, yet bitter these at least kept her striving for possibly the whole winter, leaving everything else to the other horses of the gates out of kindness.
    (ooc: I think I'll start writing my charries in third person, if that's ok with you.)
    Johnathen walks off as his mama goes off into the woods. He walks off a ways and sees some evergreens. "Mama! There's lots of food here! he says as Becca gives him something to eat. He hopes there are friends he can make here.
    Sounds good!))

After she filled herself up Becca made her way to a clearing, lowering her nose she kicked away the rocks and hard footing way so it was a soft pillow of snow below her. Gently she lowered herself into the ground, allowing herself to roll upon her back she aimlessly rolled in the snow, the prickled of tiny needles of ice clinging to her skin causing chills to seep down her spine. Letting out a sigh she propped herself up into her side still the midst of night, she was quite tired yet usually she enjoyed the long nights, but since it was night the nights were longer in winter causing her to become more tired in the days.

Beckoning Johnathen to rest she spoke, " Darling, come rest yourself, you'll have plenty to do tomorrow plus perhaps you'll meet some of the foals of the kingdom." She lowered her head golden eyelashes fluttered as she lowers her head onto the snow. Keeping her muzzle propped on the surface, she awaited her boy to join at her side, and lean against her warm barrel. Periwinkle eyes eyed him curiously as he seemed to of been staring into the distance, " Is there something wrong sweetie?" she chimed cooly, dark chocolate ears perked in his direction.
    He whips his head around. "Huh? Oh, right." he says, seeing his mother laying down. He lays down next to her belly. His legs are tucked neatly under him. He noses her. "G'night, mama." he says, eyes heavy laden with sleep. He yawns, jaws open wide. Then rests his head on the soft snow. Dreams of foals running and playing fill his little mind. He gently rolls over onto his side, then kicks out some. He's chasing a little filly across the vast greenery of summer.
    (ooc: whenever you want it to be dawn, post it. Cuz Johnathen awakes then.)
    (It can be dawn Now... Sorry for the late Response..)
    The Golden Princess
    I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, Lead her up the stairwell This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town, I was a dreamer before you went and let me down, Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

Becca closed her eyes feeling his weight upon her barrel made her feel comforting, as she closed her periwinkle eyes, and drifted to sleep. She peacefully dreamt of strangely of all things flying, she had never had the calling towards it yet in her dream as she lifted off the ground it gave her this daunting feeling of doing something. Although in her dream she had no idea how she sprouted wings, nor earned them none the less it was simply a dream, for soon enough this fantasy would just be a faithful dreamland, a safe place for the forgotten, and a home for a party of one.

While she slept, the sky began to brighten turning into vibrant pinks, purples and yellows as dawn began to broke proclaiming it's presence among all. It peaked over the coast allowing the horizon of water to shimmer in it's bright shadow, still asleep the mare scooted herself against the strangely warm snow, she found it comforting as a pillow, yet there was an emptiness beside her as if something was missing. What was missing exactly was the problem, she had no clue whom or what was missing until it flashed into her brain. It was her child, her beloved colt, Johnathen.

Opening periwinkle blue eyes, golden eyelashes batted the sleep within her eyes. Rising her dark chocolate head she hailed a whinney to her beloved colt for him to return back to her side in the safety of her guidance. Slowly she gathered herself together rising from the soft pillow of frigid snow, she shook the residue of frost off her burgundy coat, her deformed heart like star, shimmered in the little rays of sunlight that began to peak through the rows of trees that protected them from dangers beyond.

Tilting her head she didn't hear a response, did he perhaps wander too far? Or simply found some of the foals of the kingdom, to fool around with as he should. Haling once more she spoke loudly, "Johnathen? Where are you?" striding forwards she pawed at the snow patiently awaiting her dear boy's response hoping he hadn't of gone far from where they had slept last night. innerly she looked around for her colt, he couldn't of gone far... She thought wearily as she wandered deeper into the forest.

becca

image © nathan walker
    He hears her call. But, at the moment, he's, uh, preoccupied? He looks around the tree he decided to go behind. "Mama, I'm ok. Just busy! I'll be done soon." He says, finishing up. Then he paces to his mother. "See? I'm fine. Are you ok? he says, noticing the worried look on her face. He rubs against her side and noses her neck. "What are we gonna do t'day?" he says, backing up and prancing around her. He constantly asks the question, only stopping when he answers.
    The Golden Princess
    I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, Lead her up the stairwell This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town, I was a dreamer before you went and let me down, Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

Becca turned her head towards his voice, the sign of worry slowly faded as he strode out of the frozen greenery. Greeting her son, she touched noses with him briefly nuzzling his upper muzzle she spoke, " I was just worried you had wandered off without out me.." she spoke gingerly. Gently nipping at his ruffled bay fur gingerly, she smiled briefly listing to his question.

" I think perhaps you can frolic along, perhaps meet my friend Magnus?" she strode forwards, "He's the reason why I'm here." she lashed her golden tail, swaying her head playfully at her child.

Had she even thought if Mast would welcome her child into the kingdom, she knew indeed of herds that allowed adopted foals of not their blood, but would that still be acceptable for a kingdom? If not she would have to shelter her colt within the bounds of the playground, to be cared for out of bounds of the kingdom. Just in case, she decided to keep a low profile, perhaps Magnus would give her, the answers she wished to seek.

Turning her head towards Johnathen, " Stay close sweetheart, I have to consult with my friend." she spoke gingerly. Turning her head she searched for the golden winged buckskin stallion, only to hail his name slightly as it echoed through the chilled forest, " Magnus."

becca

image © nathan walker

Magnus

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Magnus is wandering the border when he hears Becca’s call, pausing mid-step at the sound of it. His lips curl into a gentle smile as he alters his direction toward the source of it; he had been wondering when he would see the chocolate mare again—he hoped that she had been enjoying her time in her new home. Of course, she is not alone and that comes as a pleasant surprise to him as he makes his way toward the pair.

It had been some time since he had seen Becca—the last time had been when he had first introduced her to Mast—and much had changed. This time, he had golden eagle wings folded by his side, although he had not quite mastered them yet. He was admittedly more graceful with them than he had been at first, but flight still took getting used to. He would need to keep practicing if he was to be useful in battle.

“Becca,” he greets her warmly, nodding in her direction with a crooked grin. He looks toward the colt by her side, considering him for a second before nodding. “And who might you be?” His voice is husky, deep. “My name is Magnus.” With wings folded at his sides, he fell silent, watching them curiously.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]