• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suggestion?
    So as I am PMing pride here trying to distinguish herd vs. kingdoms, I got thinking again about kingdoms ruling the herds like mini-territories.

I know this idea has been brought forth before so I will in no way take ownership for the idea, but I do want to revisit it because a) it sounds like a great plot idea and b) it will help newbies understand herd vs kingdom roles.

So I want to suggest/revisit the idea that maybe we figure out some way to make the kingdoms like a country, with your "queen/king" "army" "peacekeepers" etc, and then the herd lands almost like mini towns in comparison. The king and queen can incorporate their herd lands in ways such as when the kingdom goes to war, herd lands are drafted to help support their kingdom. Leaders of herd lands are like mayors of a small town, they lead their people and represent their herd (aka town).

I know at one point we were thinking herd leaders would elect their king and queen, which I think is awesome but I also don't think we are quite there yet plot wise with the RPG. So maybe we could start with just incorporating the foundation? By just putting forth the plot idea that herd lands are now little towns and the kingdom is the big gun that sort of controls it all.

Maybe this will stimulate activity in the herd lands even more!

Idk. Maybe we stopped talking about this idea because it wouldn't work. I was gone for a few months so I am sorry if I missed the downside to this idea :O
    I think if kingdoms want to start doing this (ie letting the herds pick leaders, basically "leading" the herds, etc) then they definitely should. I hesitate to make it mandatory because I want less things involved in leadership of kingdoms (so people don't burn out, etc)

So, basically, if no one has any objections and wants to try it in their kingdom by all means do ettt
    Kortnee
    Co-Owner
    Ajatar - Harmonia - Sunday
    Ohhhh I like this idea
    [Image: ca94dsg_by_calltherp-dcioghd.gif]
    SLOW-WORDER CLUB