• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; Kirin, Silver Cove crew
    Whoever wants to be the one to bring home the new toy, be my guest. Smile

I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

What the fuck had that stallion been thinking?

Months later, she’s still steaming. Fuck that guy, seriously. What a goddamn prick. She doesn’t need anyone to save her, let alone some self-congratulating ‘white knight’ who in reality just wants to pick up a girl. She can take care of her self.

Ironically though, he had saved her, though she still refuses to admit it to herself. The roan stallion’s perhaps ill-advised attempt to prevent her from committing suicide had angered her so much that she had decided to live on … just to spite him.

And so, still angry, still hurting, she marches into the field with a look of determination on her face. She almost wants to run into him, just to see the look of shock and annoyance when he realizes that she’s still kicking. But alas, no such luck.

The field is quite busy though - mares and stallions abound, chatting each other up. No one pays her any mind for the moment, so she settles in to the shade of an old oak at the edge of the field to wait. She has no doubt that someone will be along to bother her soon. It’s not even arrogance (at this point in her life Carys doesn’t think all too highly of herself), it’s simple honesty. Even though she is not the most beautiful of mares (though not ugly, not by a long shot), her wings help her stand apart. Blue, yellow, red and just a hint of green stand out against the dark background of her coat, making her quite vibrant to the eye. Carys has no doubt someone will want to add her to their herd or kingdom.

As she stands there her anger fades, and memories swim at the corners of her mind. She fights them off desperately, barely keeping them at bay. Hopefully someone will be along soon to distract her.

carys
    html by maat

@[Kirin]
    I have lesson planning to do ... other posts that I owe first ... and yet this is the one that I write, lol.

SO RICH, SO PRETTY

Perhaps he was a bit puffed up from his recent trips to the meadow. That wasn't his fault though, no, it most certainly was not.

He makes his way to the fields, just to look he tells himself, because he can not stand to be the cause of his own disappointment. He considers for a moment that he has had rather good results lately. He had found a very interesting snow princess, though he had yet to convince her to return home with him. As well as a delusional plaything for his siblings to enjoy. Now, maybe he could find something that was both interesting and a plaything.

He is a flourish of orchid against the spring sky, coasting on a thermal stream of wind. His hazel eyes search the claiming lands with a dull sense of interest. Truly, he didn’t expect to find much, and not at all what he was looking for. Well, even Kirin can be surprised, spotting a dark female accented by bright burst of color on a set of..wings. Oh yes, this, this would do nicely. A tilt of his wingspan, his body, and he is curving towards the ground.

She’s alone, standing there looking..bored maybe? Deep in thought? An oak tree sets in the backdrop just at the edge of the grasses, and he makes to land not far from her. His dismount is flawless, the grasses seem to move out of the way for him, causing very little kick up from the contact. Velvet lips part to reveal a line of straight white teeth, his plumes tucking along his sides. Kirin had perfected his landing ages ago it seems, he coveted not only his color but his wings as well.

“Hey there, great wings.” A plastered smile, and all the feigned interest and charm he can muster. His voice is husk and honey, the perfect remedy for all that ails.

Soaring sadist of Silver Cove

hope this is okay
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

As she had suspected, it doesn’t take long for someone to approach her.  But oh that someone …

She’s momentarily bewildered as the winged lavender vision lands gracefully in front of her.  Carys isn’t usually one to put much stock in looks, but this stallion is perhaps the most handsome creature she’s ever seen.  Even more so than Mikhael, though with him it had been far more than a physical connection (her heart twinges painfully at that thought).

She shakes her head slightly, trying to clear her thoughts and focus.  She doesn’t want to be rude.

She is surprised though at the instant attraction.  She’d thought that part of her long dead.  It’s been a such a long time since she's thought about anyone in that way.  Not since she’d run into that buckskin stallion …  

But she isn’t going to think about that right now.

The lavender stallion immediately focuses in on her wings, which isn’t all that much of a surprise.  They are her most outstanding feature after all.  She is not beautiful like some of her older sisters - Fracta, Linnaea and Aena - but she has her multicoloured wings.  “Thanks.  You’ve got a pretty nice looking pair yourself.”

For some reason, an image of Hael springs unbidden to her mind.  Her darling sister-niece, with her stunning little green hummingbird wings.  She wonders how Hael is doing now.  Is she alright?  Is she safe?  What does she think of Carys abandoning her?

God she’s so easily distracted.

She pulls her focus back in on the stallion, flashing him a small smile.  “I’m Carys.”  She wonders what he’s thinking.  Is he a kingdom recruiter, trying to analyze her potential usefulness to his kingdom?  Or is he a herd stallion, trying to determine her usefulness as a broodmare?  Either way, she can’t bring herself to care all that much.  Anything is better than that dark place she was in before.  Anything is better than dragging Hael’s life down with her.

carys
    html by maat

HE'S SO TALL, HANDSOME AS HELL
    HE'S SO BAD, BUT HE DOES IT SO WELL

What these old things? How cliche, and so the lavender stallion refrains from uttering the words. Instead he goes with a simple, "Oh, why thank you." Ending his sentence with smile, and smolder. His hazel eyes gaze over her, soft like cashmere, though they hint not at the scrutiny he subjects her to. He does look her over though, a silent inspection of the goods at hand, and once more she speaks.

Carys. A name, short and sweet, and suitable he supposed- as far as names go. It wasn't horribly long or difficult to say which was good. Kirin can't imagine having to utter some of the absurd monikers that half the equine of Beqannaran about with, let alone remember the damn things. "Carys.." He lingers in an attempt to appear like he is savoring his words. "It's a pleasure. I'm Kirin from Silver Cove."

He doesn't let on too much, who knows what whispers had spread about the sea side residents. "Ever been?" He tempts, drawing nearer, reaching a dusk colored wingtip to her own vibrant selection. "What a gorgeous combination," he remarks in a playful, flirtatious sense. An underlying hint at his words, but he takes them no further than that. Let it seem like he knows how to treat a lady like, well, a lady.

He's careful not to make too many moves that could be deemed forward. Just enough, just a little here and there to show his interest. "Don't you just love to fly Carys? Have you ever flown over the sea?" He doesn't need to fake the shine his eyes take now. Flying is an exhilarating experience, it's one of the few things he truly loves-aside from his darling baby sister. He could sprinkle a little truth with his lies, no harm there.

Soaring sadist of Silver Cove