• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Magnus, Mast]

Like a thorn to the holy ones

The blood bay stallion exhaled slightly, Magnus was willing to hear him out.  It wasn't that he was worried they wouldn't go for it- that anything...negative would happen. Nay, there were not many negative repercussions from Magnus or his king not liking his proposal. The stag had already decided there was a place for him here, at least for now. Magnus watched the internal cogs of the sandy stag's mind working through this situation. weighing the outcomes, digging through their conversation looking for any sign that He was being mislead. It wasn't a long pause but enough that told Nymphetamine that Magnus was truly considering letting him come to The Gates. Nymphetamine held his gaze toward the older stallion, wanting to exude trust, transparency. His spires perked as the stag spoke and directed him to follow, and so he did.

His daggers moved effortlessly through the foliage beneath him as he followed the stag over the terrain. The pace was easy to maintain, all the traveling he had done had him fit, capable. It wasn't too long a journey be he was glad is was over when they reached their destination. His deep pools looked around the entrance of the kingdom. He wondered how closely their charred lands were to his old homes. The fires here, the raid, the need to rebuild are all reasons he was putting this idea in motion, risking himself. He understood some, if not all this kingdom's torment. The kingdom itself would be lovely once it recovers and rebirths. Crisp spring air and cooler temperatures were good signs for the land. Rain and sun would help the land blossom even more so with the dead underbrush had been burned away. Logically he knew a burning could be good for land, positively effect the growth. Emotionally he knew the burnt lands were infuriating, tormenting their dreams and a crushing reminder of all their loss; a physical rendering of their emotional turmoil. 

The blood bay took a deep breath in, a slight charged scent in the air- another constant reminder- staying here would have infuriated him had he been a victim of the attacks. He had been a victim of a similar attack, but not this one, though it did stir his emotions. His nostrils flared as he took a few more breaths, readying himself for the conversations to come. There would be much to discuss if Magnus agreed to his idea, if his king agreed to his idea. The king, it was part of his worry. Would this king have the trust Magnus seemed to have found in him or would he take him as a liar and turn his deep set furry on him? The risk was there, but small, the worry was a consequence of his own mind. The breaths steadied him, allowed him to gain control of his own fretting mind, his own emotions. 

Nymphetamine guessed that Magnus would be more than ready to hear his proposal by now. He had kept the conversation light on their journey sharing an occasional story, but most time enjoying taking in the sights. Silence wasn't awkward for him- he had grown accustom to that Living among others would be grand change. He looked at the stag, and rolled his shoulders. This felt like a grand build up, and he felt he might disappoint, however he couldn't afford an enemy when he had no allies. His darkened maw parted, it was time to begin, if this king was like his father- he would know when there was a conversation he should join in on was occurring- so he did not wait for him.

Sorry for the fanfare, I thought it best to not risk anything since I do not know your full dealings with The Chamber. I do not wish to stall this any longer, so please, excuse my bit of a story. 

Before I spoke with you, there was a winged beast that approached me, Killdare I believe. He has tried to recruit me for the Chamber. I have yet to give an answer. I was wondering in thought when we started out conversation. I knew not of Chamber's actions, prior to you telling me, Magnus. I lost my own home, my own family due to a barbaric raid where fire was used to scorch our home.  Learning that Chamber had done to you what had been done to my home, well, I knew I couldn't truly go to Chamber.

The young stag took a breath, hoping Magnus didn't lose faith in him yet. that he was still open to hearing him out.  He searched his eyes for any sign of hardness, of him closing off; not really seeing anything, he continued.

Magnus, I have an idea, it could be risky; it could put Gates directly in Chambers cites again. I think the rewards could be just as great. I want to insert myself as a spy for Gates......in The Chamber.

Again the blood stallion paused momentarily, allowing this to work through the cogs of the sandy stag. There was no way of knowing what his thoughts were, but he hoped he wouldn't be laughed away. Turned off in a mess of....well, it doesn't matter. The words were out and he still had to explain why, why the gates could even possibly trust him.

I am new, I have no real connections here. I would say we are amicable but there would be no love lost if we parted ways. Chamber wouldn't expect some fresh faced young thing to invest himself like this- to take on the risk. But I want to, nay I need to. As I said I lost my family this way- through cruelty and fire- i lost my home. I connect with you and this kingdom through that experience. It is too late to save mine...but I can help you redeem yours. I hope you understand my need for privacy in this proposition.

The young stag fell silent. He had much more to say, thought that screamed to be released. He had said a lot- and maybe too much. His opinions and initial thoughts about how he would or would not stay or pledge an ever lasting oath of loyalty would wait. He had limited time before Chamber would be waiting for him... for his answer.

[ooc: muse overload- if i skipped around a bit I apologize- was hard keeping one fluid train of thought when there were ssoo many directions whirling.]

The Puppet Master: Nymphetamine 
    They see him: Blood Bay
    Ghosts within: Alkah-teke x Arabian 
    They Run From Him at: 16.2 
    He’s made it this far: 2 years 

Remember him by: He will always be a bit of a wander, and if he does settle down to one place or with one fae it will be later in life. He is sly and outgoing, and cares very much about family and keeping his word. He doesn't remember much of his family, but knows the fact he made it here to,well he isn't quite sure where here is, because of the sacrifice his parents made. Nymphetamine is the some of a pirate, if you will. The kind of horse that wanders into luck and fortune and seems to know the minute mischief is in the air. His father wasn't one to settle down either- until he met his mother. A fierce tongued fae with a dark heart, she understood and maybe even loved his father's distant, detached ways. Nymphetamine was very much a mix of his parents, fierce tongued and independent with a lucky streak to pull him through during rough times--or maybe stir things up.

Cold was my soul 
    Untold was the pain 
    I faced when you left me 
    A rose in the rain.... 
    So I swore to the razor 
    That never, enchained 
    Would your dark nails of faith 
    Be pushed through my veins again 

Bared on your tomb 
    I'm a prayer for your loneliness 
    And would you ever soon 
    Come above onto me? 
    For once upon a time 
    On the binds of your lowliness 
    I could always find the slot for your sacred key 

Six feet deep is the incision 
    In my heart, that barless prison 
    Discoulours all with tunnel vision 

Sunsetter... 
    Nymphetamine 

HTML Copyright To Tay.

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Magnus does not have Light tendencies. He may have led the traditionally Light kingdom’s army and even worn her crown, but he does not abide by her deep-seeded philosophies. To the buckskin stallion, there are some compromises that are worth being made if the means can be justified by the end. It was perhaps the greatest divide between him and the rest of the kingdom he otherwise loved. Perhaps he was just more willing to make the tough decisions, bear the burden of that guilt, so that they could be safe. If he had to wear the bloodstain of those sins and stand that weight so they could live freely, he would.

So he does not cut off Nymphetamine or immediately dismiss the proposition. In fact, the golden soldier does not say anything at all. Instead, he watches him grimly, his lacerated lips pressed together in thought, nodding along to show that he was indeed listening even if he did not say anything. It is only when the blood bay falls silent that he shifts at all, rolling his scarred shoulders and taking a deep, rattling breath.

“Well, that is certainly not what I was expecting.” There is humor that plays around his mouth, one corner of his lips rising into a crooked smile as he glances toward the other. “I can understand that though.” A choked laugh. “Hell, I can respect that.” Narrowing his gold-flecked eyes, he studies Nymphetamine more closely, thinking backward on the relatively short spans of time they had known one another. He had thought he had a pretty good grasp on the stud, but he was beginning to think he was all wrong.  

Not that he minded. He rather enjoyed who he was getting to know now.

“That being said, I cannot agree to it—and cannot send you into the lion’s den—without first having Mast hear you out.” Magnus lifts his head briefly and lets out a loose, throaty call for the deer-king before he looks back to his companion. “You should also know that this is not an endeavor without its risks. The Chamber has plenty of tricks up their sleeves—including magicians—and they do not take lightly to traitors.” He thinks of his father, a perpetual guardian to the kingdom, but dismisses it. “It could be highly useful though to have some inside information, not to mention a pair of eyes watching out for our Queen.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography

@[Mast]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Like a thorn to the holy ones

Nymphetamine took a much needed breath his sides shaking slightly as he exhaled. Magnus didn't tear him apart as some kind of impostor, there to sabotage whatever hope Gates has left after the attack. While Magnus spoke he simply nodded, allowing the words to ease his soul. His youth was a big factor in his unrest, while he was more mature than most 2 year olds, he was not always in the best control of his mind. He knew he was more riled than he should and he worked hard to calm himself. If the king of Gates was to help protect him he would have to show his control.

Nymphetamine used the time waiting for the King to join them to gain more information. What he could do to help Gates.

Your queen was taken? is she held captive or is she there as a token of peace? is there anything I should know before your king arrives?

He shifted allowing his weight to transfer from one hind dagger to the other. His agitation growing with each passing second. Time was ticking away, and he would have to leave soon no matter how this played out. If the king didn't come soon, this opportunity would pass. He lowered his head the weight seeming too heavy to continue to hold proudly.

Magnus, I hope your King is swift, Killdare expects me at Chamber in less than two days with my answer. Our window is short, this opportunity could easily slip away.

[ooc] The layers unfurl like an onion with this one. (i by no mean mean this to be a snide commentary on taking too long to post- I know Broken has been away. Smile i'm just playing up the drama with the pons)

Cold was my soul
    Untold was the pain
    I faced when you left me
    A rose in the rain....
    So I swore to the razor
    That never, enchained
    Would your dark nails of faith
    Be pushed through my veins again

Bared on your tomb
    I'm a prayer for your loneliness
    And would you ever soon
    Come above onto me?
    For once upon a time
    On the binds of your lowliness
    I could always find the slot for your sacred key

Six feet deep is the incision
    In my heart, that barless prison
    Discoulours all with tunnel vision

Sunsetter...
    Nymphetamine

HTML Copyright To Tay.

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

It does not take long for Nymphetamine to ask more questions, but Magnus is not necessarily surprised by it. If anything, he is surprised it took the stallion this long to demand more information on the situation; he was, after all, willing to risk his personal safety for a kingdom he hardly knew. It was completely within reason that he would want to know more about what was worth him putting his neck on the line.

So Magnus shifts, becoming more comfortable as he waits for Mast to join the duo. “Her name is Fiasko, and she is currently there because she struck a deal.” His mouth twists bitterly. “She promised that she would allow herself to be held captive there so long as no more harm befell Heaven.” Pausing, he shrugs his shoulders, “Between you and me, I am not thrilled about the arrangement. It makes us look weak.”

Then again, if Magnus had his way, he would have long gone to the Chamber himself.
    The buckskin stallion longed for nothing more than a personal fight.

He nods at Nymphetamine in understanding. “Mast is normally prompt—but being King does come with some rather time-consuming tasks.” One corner of his lacerated lips rose into a crooked smile, “I am sure that he will come soon.” Magnus did not mind the other’s eagerness—in truth, he understood that marrow deep desire to get started and quickly—but he could not bring the King any faster than he would arrive.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

The gray king is always watching, even if he isn’t seen. He can flit about in the forest and they are none the wiser, thanks to his whitetail disguise. It is easy for him now to blend in with the native herds. Of course, it hadn’t always been so, and they had been naturally wary of a mature whitetail appearing amongst them. Certainly his scent was foreign, and though he didn’t know for sure, he assumed that it was blended with his normal equine scent. But now they paid him no mind, and he found it was perfect way to watch his kingdom without seeming overbearing or intrusive. So when the new stallion arrived behind Magnus, it did not escape him. He was a strapping bay with a decidedly foreign scent. Clearly, he wasn’t from Beqanna. The shifter king watched for a while, his ears flicking forward to take in the conversation. He caught snippets mostly, though he was steadily heading towards the pair.

He arrived in time to hear the bays proposal, and Mast was impressed. It wasn’t often that a new member would offer to throw themselves to the wolves, without first swearing an oath to the kingdom. But here was such a thing happening, and Mast gazed at him appraisingly. “I’m Mast, king of the Gates. Welcome.” he said briskly, his antlered head held high. He didn’t ask for a name just yet, for he assumed either Magnus or the bay himself would give it to him. Clearly the conversation was moving quickly, as it was always better to strike while the iron was hot. “That’s very admirable of you. Brave indeed. To have no vested interest in the kingdom, and still offer yourself willingly.” he said, nodding his head in respect. “As Magnus said, our queen made a deal. A deal that none of us like, but she insisted that we respect her wishes. But as Magnus said, it makes us look weak.” The bitterness rose in his voice, hardening it to something like granite. Finally he sighed, letting the tension flow from his shoulders though it remained in the lines of his face. “If you would like to go, I will not stop you. But I must warn you- their queen is powerfully magical. Her ravens may very well be able to detect your trickery. There are also several other magical individuals. Fire wielders, for one, and their general is a hardened warrior from years gone past. We currently have one of their own, and we will have her for several more months. Perhaps, if things go awry, I can offer their queen a trade.” With a glance toward Magnus, he waited to see just which direction the bay would go.

M A S T

Nymphetamine was lost in thought, mulling over how best to play his part in chamber. What ways might be best to get this land's queen back home. In the blood bay's head healing this kingdoms "family" would heal his own ache over his loss. however, He didn't dwell on himself, there was too much to plan. Magnus had filled in an end point for him- to get the queen back without turning chamber on gates again. Figuring out how would be the hard part. How could he get the trust he needed to get her away, to outwit those with magic? ...As long as they didn't have mind readers he figured he would be ok. If he was found out…well there was little to do but flee, pray for some sanctuary, far away from anyone, he would try to keep gates out of it. He could say he heard stories that they enraged him due to his own losses in the same manner. Would he try to work the ranks as a soldier or a mage? His thoughts went on and on… whirling through his mind in a relentless, endless fashion. Even as he heard Magnus speak of the King, Mast, and how he was sure to come soon and his kingly duties keeping him busy, etc. the questions whirled. No one should answer these questions, they may be able to give guidance, but only Nymphetamine would be able to determine the truly correct answers.

It wasn't until the deer that had been off in the distance made it's way closer that the young stag was deterred from the current of questions and finally stopped as the seer actually approached them. Nymphetamine eyed the beast curiously, it was extremely unusual behavior. When the dear spoke, the young stallion's jaw might have well been on the floor. He tried to recover quickly, not wanting to be rude as the stag induced himself as Mast, the king of Gates. Nymphetamine looked over the deer, not exactly sure what to think of it. He oil-hued pools looked over at the Sandy stallion and did't see any sign of surprise or unrest with the situation, so he let it go. Considering all the oddities he saw here, it really shouldn't be all that odd that a deer lead a group of horses.

Turing his attention back to the stag he lowered his head and upon rising introduced himself. Tones deep, confident, yet humble- he was talking to a deer king, after all.

Pleasure to meet you, Mast, I am Nymphetamine.

His spires swiveled as he took in the stag king's words, and his maw curled into a wicked smile. he eyes hardened as the anger that held him so tightly at the core pulled towards the surface. The king hadn't known the bit of history the Magnus now knew. Nymphetamine did have a vested interest- it was just personal. The personal vendetta of a youngling forced to flee all he knew due to fire and smoke, a home ruined and parents torn away before their time. The vendetta of a young red coming two year old that watched from the boarders of his lands as fires burned the forests around- capturing all inside- few escaping besides himself. The vendetta of that fire spreading destroying most of the lands of the other herds…all for power, for show.  His own life was the strongest investment he could have- more so than any feelings he would most likely ever feel for a kingdom, herd, or single other beast. So he was darkly amused by the deer king's admirations, for he simply didn't know. The blood bay shook his head to deny the praise, as he may be more vested than those in the king's herd to this.

Nay, I am not unusually brave for an outsider. I have a personal tie to your situation. A powerful herd set fire to my family's home when I was just over a year old. My parent's got word of the attack just soon enough to get me out, before the fires encircled their lands. There was no way out, but something must have gone wrong as soon the fires were blazing out of control buring to ash common areas and others herd lands as well. I lost my family and my home- I cannot revenge them, but I can help you revenge yours.

His voice was hard, bitter was he recalled the story, but after a heavy breath and a small sigh his anger subsided, and his tones lightened. The stag stood proud, he may not have the details worked out, but he knew he would follow through with this self appointed mission.

Aye, I do wish to do this for you and yours, I know they are powerful, but I doubt they will suspect me. As I was recruited in, I did not search them out, but i have to try, for my own soul would not allow me to be idle in this. Before I leave for Chamber I have just a few questions- or more so I wish your inputs, as well as your Magnus.

He turned to acknowledge the other beast, slightly wishing they were still enjoying the light banter in the field. But he wouldn't be able to banter with him until his mission was over…in one way or another.

I have a few options… I feel the best way around this would be the end goal of getting Fiasko back home. Killdare mentioned theta they are short on people good with words, I feel I might be able to move the ranks more quickly there, vs their soldier ranks-  what do you think? is there anything else I should know before I go? I know I must do what best in the moment once there, but I feel it doesn't hurt to gather the thoughts of the minds around me too.

He felt as if he was talking too much, but as Mast and Magnus had both mentioned at different times, he was the one taking a huge risk so he didn't allow it to worry him too much.  Nymphetamine looked up at the sky, he would have  sooner rather than later. He had time to form an initial strategy, and set up a meeting for the future, but pleasantry time was just to in the cards. He waited for the others to reply eager for their thoughts, but wasted no time to continue working through the task at hand.  

How can I tell Fiasko that i am friend, in foe's clothing? Is there a phrase I can say that she will know? We also will need to touch base at a set time- somewhere not too suspicious. I feel there is more to know, more to say I have many thoughts and questions but I know you can't give me everything I wonder about…that most will just happen in time.

The sun inched lower in the sky with each passing moment. He know he must do it, but wished there was some sort of know how to follow step by step. He was ready for the challenge in most ways, just had to work on settling his mind and calming his nerves.  All he could do was gather as much information as he could and go from there. Nymphetamine's sides exhaled another deep breath, He hoped the other two took his questions as his best efforts of getting organized and not as a youngling being scattered brained and naive. Only time will tell if his efforts would pay off.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

The train was slowly beginning to leave the station, and Mast was eager to jump aboard. This opportunity was a rare one indeed, and they would be foolish to pass it up. Of course there were dangers involved but they would cross that bridge when and if they came to it. For now though, they would jump on the train and let it carry them to their ultimate destination. If there were road blocks they would deal with those too. It was the dawn of a new day- a day where the once weak would rise stronger and smarter, harder somehow.

He sees the confusion in the bays eyes but the shifter king pays it no mind. It was time for him to get used to the oddities that Beqanna had to offer- the Chamber surely had plenty of their own. Instead, his deer form begins to grow and distort, before finally giving way to his usual form, that of a gray Arabian stallion. However, he let the antlers remain. While he wasn’t usually one given to theatrics or showboating of any kind, the antlers made him feel stronger, more purposeful. The king raised his eyes, his eyes narrowing appraisingly at Nymphetamine. He watched the anger boiling beneath the surface, and just as before Mast found himself feeding off of it. Testosterone was a dangerous thing, and the contact buzz was almost as deadly as the real thing. “You seem to have this thought out. Good man.” he said shortly before stepping off into a pace. Though the king would never admit it, he needed Camelia here to put a damper on the fire building in his chest. She was a cooling rain if she was anything. But she wasn’t here and so he found the fire going unchecked. “I think that is a good choice. Chances are you’ll learn more about the kingdom in their diplomat caste, though it wouldn’t hurt to poke around their army a bit if they give you the opportunity to do so. Any bit of information you can gather is valuable.” The next part was hard, and Mast found himself swallowing hard. “You mustn’t tell her anything. Nothing. Give her no clues. She is never alone- a shadow raven is her constant companion. The ravens are the minions of the queen. To tell her anything would be putting you both in extreme danger.” He knew it was true, even though it pained him to admit. He knew too that Fi would protest; she took her oath very seriously. “As for meeting…perhaps that is where my shifting can benefit the kingdom. Or you meet one of our own in the Field, with the premise of recruiting them. That may even be better. But know that the ravens are always watching.” With that he fell silent, waiting to see what (if anything) Magnus would have to add.

M A S T