• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    oh hi
    there's a dairy farm on old Farmer Samson's land. It's by a marsh, which really isn't a good place for cows, if you ask me. not for them, at least. they tend to lose a lot of cows. you see, i'm a werewolf and when the full moon comes out, it's time to shed my skin. you don't know it, but you and me, we're not the same kind of 'person.' you can see it in the eyes - it's always in the eyes. mine are hollow, yours at least have some shred of humanity. my mate is the same way. when we run loose in the countryside, the country fears the power of two werewolves. you better hope we don't become three.

one from one
    “I’m a werewolf”
    The Gates is a 2010 ABC show that featured werewolves.

“It’s by a marsh”
    Marsh Adaptation Strategy Tool (MAST)

“dairy farm on old Farmer Samson’s land”
    There are news stories of a dairy farmer by the name of Mast who signed his land to Samson Resources

“which really isn't a good place for cows”
    Wichita, Kansas has the nickname 'Cowtown'

Blocking Wichita from Mast of the Gates
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    there's a dairy farm on old Farmer Samson's land. It's by a marsh,
    Fennick was originally 'fenwick' which means a dairy farm by a fen (marsh)
    https://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Fennick

which really isn't a good place for cows, if you ask me. not for them, at least. they tend to lose a lot of cows. you see, i'm a werewolf and when the full moon comes out, it's time to shed my skin. you don't know it, but you and me, we're not the same kind of 'person.'
    "It's time to shed my skin" and "you and me, we're not the same" are lyrics from the songs Bonfire Season and Come Friendly Bomb by the band Gallows

you can see it in the eyes - it's always in the eyes. mine are hollow,
    A hollow is a small valley - via the valley wiki page

yours at least have some shred of humanity. my mate is the same way. when we run loose in the countryside, the country fears the power of two werewolves. you better hope we don't become three.
    Eight is a power of two, and two to the third power is eight.

Eight from Fennick and Gallows
    unsuccessful. the clue for fennick is not to the actual name of the character; while eight is a power of two, so are an infinite other amount of numbers; "become three" is not a concrete clue to two to the third power aka eight. If you had included the actual phrase "two to the third power" or more concrete clues, it would have been successful.
    Ok, I'm just confused about fennick, because when you google 'fennick name', that link comes up, explaining the history. along with a couple of others that say the exact same thing. how is that not an acceptable clue for fennick?
    I have looked into it more, and basically the clue you had was a good/strong one and would have been 100% acceptable if the character's name were Fenwick. Like you mentioned in your reply, the history needs to be a part of the clue. So if, for example, you had "there's a dairy farm on old Farmer Samson's land. It's by a marsh, but we changed the spelling of its name", or "there's a dairy farm on old Farmer Samson's land. It's by a marsh, and we replaced the W with an N" or something along those lines, it would have been successful.

I'm going to go ahead and add this type of example to the Steal Guide because it's probably something that a lot of people would appreciate clarification on.
    Great, thanks for the explanation.